Old 04-24-2014, 05:41 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 34.4
Courses Played: 256
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 84 Times in 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
I think it's interesting how a certain areas courses tend to have common traits:
Michigan: loves 24 hole courses
Pittsburgh: likes to have three tees and three pin placements
Charlotte: elevated pin and placements that make you cringe

After playing 11 courses in River City Flyer turf, my take away is that the good folks of St Louis like some length to their courses. If you just love to let loose off the tee, you'll enjoy playing here. Except for Quail Ridge and Crystal City, most of the courses I played this weekend give big arms to achieve scores us noodlers simply can't. *Foundation Park, Carrolton, Sioux Passage, Indian Camp Creek, Willmore... all reward big D handsomley if you have halfway decent control.

Thanks to Flapper and his buds, as well as some great locals I ran into at JB, and Mike, Mark, and Shane at Sioux Passage! Had a great time, but I'm wiped out. Working on reviews, will be trickling them out over the next week or so.

* edit: Foundation Park requires more than just decent control.. but that's a looong course for 18 holes.
Just finished Creve Coeur.......
have to have my arm re-attached.....
don't remember it being that long when I played it back in '93 or '94.
Sponsored Links