Old 08-22-2016, 12:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 320 Times in 207 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by udisc-josh View Post
Added up his scores wrong. Happened to a lot of people this event with all the higher scores. I just added a new indicator on the site (p) for any scorecard penalties.
Thanks for confirming this Josh, and great idea adding the (p). But wouldn't it be more indicative to add the (p) below each specific round that was mis-counted? Or even add it in both places?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2016, 12:09 PM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consult20 View Post
Thanks for confirming this Josh, and great idea adding the (p). But wouldn't it be more indicative to add the (p) below each specific round that was mis-counted? Or even add it in both places?
Agree - doing that requires a data model change and update to statistics jobs so will take a bit longer. For now, if you click into a player profile and you can see all scorecards with penalties indicated.
ie: https://udisclive.com/players/michae...en?t=silvercup

Ultimately we're hoping to eliminate addition penalties since players can verify with the udisc score before handing in the card. At the Ledgestone a lot of cards couldn't be covered live since Ams were playing and weren't free to volunteer plus there were 6 courses being used so a lot of spotters and other staff were required.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 50
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

can anyone give me the TLDR version of the McBeth provisional drama?
Old 08-22-2016, 12:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.5
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,377 Times in 466 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
I am pretty sure I read somewhere on here before that the Ledgestone and BHMO rotate NT status every year...
My understanding is that BHMO started rotating NT status a few years ago with Great Lakes Open. Once Ledgestone became a big deal, I think that became the substitute for Great Lakes. Paul and the Flyers have assured us that the BHMO will remain in the NT rotation.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 67
Niced 663 Times in 321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
Was hoping Nate Doss would keep it going, but it looks like he just ran out of gas. Still..he has been playing awesome. McBeth was incredible, really fun to watch him never slow down.

Awesome coverage, thanks to everyone who made it happen. Still some funky camera work, always strange to me to see a putt or approach shot and not have the player and the basket in the frame. Maybe that's just me though.
Yeah, I was hoping Doss would finish stronger, had a string of 5's in the final round that did him in, but nobody was gonna catch McBeth. 14 under is just too much.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 29
Niced 320 Times in 207 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by udisc-josh View Post
Agree - doing that requires a data model change and update to statistics jobs so will take a bit longer. For now, if you click into a player profile and you can see all scorecards with penalties indicated.
ie: https://udisclive.com/players/michae...en?t=silvercup

Ultimately we're hoping to eliminate addition penalties since players can verify with the udisc score before handing in the card. At the Ledgestone a lot of cards couldn't be covered live since Ams were playing and weren't free to volunteer plus there were 6 courses being used so a lot of spotters and other staff were required.
Very cool, I didn't realize all that info was available by clicking on the player profile.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 136
Niced 238 Times in 102 Posts

Was stuck inside all rainy weekend with a sick kid but this amazing broadcast made it OK, especially the addition of the uDisc graphics and stats.

Really well done all around, hard to see any areas that need improvement so I'll just
Old 08-22-2016, 12:34 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbmercil View Post
can anyone give me the TLDR version of the McBeth provisional drama?
He threw OB on a hole with mandatory drop zone; he questioned if re-throw was allowed, and decided to throw a provisional re-throw (that went OB also). TD caught up to the group and ruled re-throw not allowed. Nikko wanted McBeth's next throw to be 5 instead of 3. His next throw was counted as his 3rd.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 50
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscLoser View Post
He threw OB on a hole with mandatory drop zone; he questioned if re-throw was allowed, and decided to throw a provisional re-throw (that went OB also). TD caught up to the group and ruled re-throw not allowed. Nikko wanted McBeth's next throw to be 5 instead of 3. His next throw was counted as his 3rd.
Thanks.

Did his group agree to the provisional? Seems pretty clear that it was his 3rd from the drop to me, based on your description

Old 08-22-2016, 12:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.8
Courses Played: 150
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,555 Times in 1,490 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbmercil View Post
Thanks.

Did his group agree to the provisional? Seems pretty clear that it was his 3rd from the drop to me, based on your description
Group doesn't have to agree to a provisional. The player is within his right under the rules to call a provisional particularly when the provisional is thrown because the group call is in dispute.