Old 01-22-2018, 06:21 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 18.6
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 14 Times in 9 Posts

I just wish they'd make a glow x mold already. It is the only disc that has been missing from my glow bag for years!! And I know I could attach an LED or glow tape, but I'm old fashioned with my glow bag and prefer glow plastic
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2018, 06:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 513 Times in 330 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydex View Post
Sexton is pretty famous for being an Orc thrower. After him, I really can't think of anybody else throwing something speed ten.
Seems like everyone started bagging the thundy, then stepped up at least to the Wraith or higher.

If Innova comes out with a BeastX, I'd definitely be willing to try it as an alternate step up. Assuming it was something like a 10/5/-1/3. I would like a little more glide than the orc/PD ala the destroyer/wraith.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 674 Times in 532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Seems like everyone started bagging the thundy, then stepped up at least to the Wraith or higher.

If Innova comes out with a BeastX, I'd definitely be willing to try it as an alternate step up. Assuming it was something like a 10/5/-1/3. I would like a little more glide than the orc/PD ala the destroyer/wraith.

Beast X has more high speed turn. Probably 2. Healthy fade though. Its one of those discs that likes to turn, but also likes to fade noticeably at the end of flight. Big S curves.

More high speed turn than an Orc.

I'd say the Beast X is more like a Flash.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.5
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,425 Times in 477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswoods1984 View Post
The GStar Beasts were actually the first plastic released when they brought the old mold back. All of the star beasts that I have seen, aside from the one, are all the "L" mold. The old mold Beasts are now being sold as "Beast X".
I thought it was DX when they changed the stamp. Or, should I say, that was the first time I noticed the change, well before they changed Champion and I don't recall seeing any G* until after that as well.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:59 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 18.6
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 14 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
I thought it was DX when they changed the stamp. Or, should I say, that was the first time I noticed the change, well before they changed Champion and I don't recall seeing any G* until after that as well.
I'm pretty sure it was the G* first. I have been wanting an x mold glow for years and have been waiting and hoping that Innova would bring the mold back. I remember about 3 years ago seeing Marshall Street listing G* as "old mold" and "new mold", both with same stamp and flight numbers. Don't recall seeing DX at that time.

In regards to flight numbers, the "L" mold is a 10/5/-2/2, and I still don't think that Innova has adjusted those ratings on the "x" mold, however, I would say it is at least a 10/5/-2/3 or possibly even a 10/5/-1.5/3. They definitely have more LSS than the "L" and I would argue a little less turn.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:27 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 102 Times in 79 Posts

Anybody see any Star Beasts molded in the X configuration yet? All the Star Beasts I’ve seen locally are still L mold.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:45 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Old thread but I’m looking for guidance. I got a DX Beast about 2 weeks ago not an X. I can hyzer flip the ish out of it for about 350’, but if I throw it with any power flat I just turn it right over. Flick shots, unless I really power down, will also just turn right over. So, this brings me to my question. Should I go up in plastic to champ to get something a little more over stability, or Beast X, or should I ditch the beast and upgrade to a Wraith? What’s your opinion? Just a little more info. I’ve been playing 2 year. I throw my beast 330-350 hyzer flip. I have a 4x destroyer I throw about the same, but it goes flat to hyzer, and I never get any turn out of it unless it’s a head wind. I feel like im close with the destroyer, but just don’t have that little extra arm speed needed to really get the full potential out of it. I also flick my drivers, not the beast, about 300-320.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:19 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,153 Times in 1,585 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1 View Post
Old thread but Im looking for guidance. I got a DX Beast about 2 weeks ago not an X. I can hyzer flip the ish out of it for about 350, but if I throw it with any power flat I just turn it right over. Flick shots, unless I really power down, will also just turn right over. So, this brings me to my question. Should I go up in plastic to champ to get something a little more over stability, or Beast X, or should I ditch the beast and upgrade to a Wraith? Whats your opinion? Just a little more info. Ive been playing 2 year. I throw my beast 330-350 hyzer flip. I have a 4x destroyer I throw about the same, but it goes flat to hyzer, and I never get any turn out of it unless its a head wind. I feel like im close with the destroyer, but just dont have that little extra arm speed needed to really get the full potential out of it. I also flick my drivers, not the beast, about 300-320.
First, I like your Wraith upgrade idea. Get a lighter weight, maybe a Pro Wraith. Awesome disc.

Second, talking only the Beast. You didn't say what the weight was, so maybe max weight DX is indicated for you. Also, yes, you can upgrade to Star or Champion if you like those plastics, and decide what weight you like best, etc. Something is bound to hit your sweet spot.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 674 Times in 532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1 View Post
Old thread but Im looking for guidance. I got a DX Beast about 2 weeks ago not an X. I can hyzer flip the ish out of it for about 350, but if I throw it with any power flat I just turn it right over. Flick shots, unless I really power down, will also just turn right over. So, this brings me to my question. Should I go up in plastic to champ to get something a little more over stability, or Beast X, or should I ditch the beast and upgrade to a Wraith? Whats your opinion? Just a little more info. Ive been playing 2 year. I throw my beast 330-350 hyzer flip. I have a 4x destroyer I throw about the same, but it goes flat to hyzer, and I never get any turn out of it unless its a head wind. I feel like im close with the destroyer, but just dont have that little extra arm speed needed to really get the full potential out of it. I also flick my drivers, not the beast, about 300-320.
350' is about the top end distance you can expect out of a DX Beast. Time to upgrade. Wraith is a decent idea.

You might also try to find a champion Beast X. They're a bit beefier than the DX Beasts. A champion Beast will do 400' with a nice S curve flight.

Old 06-24-2019, 01:30 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 102 Times in 79 Posts

Grab a Champ Beast. All Beasts produced now are the X-mold, though in another Beast thread here somebody says they only make the Champ and Gstar now).

It’ll give you a little extra stability but not too much to make it a meathook. You’ll be able to get 350’ forehand and backhand with ease provided no flaws in form.

A Champ Beast is a different beast than an L-mold. Both are good and have their charms but the X will be a better distance driver.