Old 02-18-2018, 11:11 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 819 Times in 391 Posts

Yes. Please expunge those two previous posts. Pics of Roaches in the Alpha thread?!!! Sacrilege of the most foul sort.

Voodoos are always welcome though...in Soft blend (and Mediums are awesome).
Sponsored Links

Last edited by swhite; 02-18-2018 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Noticed that the Voodoo is in Medium!
Old 02-19-2018, 10:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 574 Times in 422 Posts

Wow that new run of Alphas certain look more like putters than the first couple runs... It'll be interesting to see how they hold up
Old 02-28-2018, 05:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 35
Niced 170 Times in 64 Posts

As an FD thrower, including 2nd runs, I'm intrigued by this disc.

Tell me why I need to check one out over my beloved FD's...
Old 03-01-2018, 07:27 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 819 Times in 391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Um... View Post

I haven't thrown a FD lately, but seem to remember getting a little bit more much turn out of them than I wanted. Alphas have just a touch more stability than FD's, but not as much as the Star Teebirds that are being produced right now (which in my view are very high speed stable). Alphas are a good middle-of-the-road stability fairway. I can shape shots with an Alpha better than with a Teebird.

Plus, you can get Alphas with cool Werewolf stamps right now.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.4
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 219 Times in 136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Um... View Post

1st reason would be availability and price. 2nd run fd's,as you know, are expensive and hard to come by at times. i was an avid 2nd run fd thrower since they popped up and was at the point that i felt i needed to replace it with something more readily available, this would happen to be the year the alpha was released. zj gave me an alpha to try out and i almost instantly clicked with the disc, it responded very well to my throws and different lines i attempted to shape.

after the round i realized i didnt touch my 2nd run fd ,s line fd or pds at all. so i picked up another alpha from him after the round and took out 2 pd's and the 2nd run fd to give the alpha a fair shot. over the next several rounds i dialed in the alpha and learned what i could do with it and still noticed i didnt really feel like i needed to put my fd or pd in. i had now found my replacement for the 2nd run fd and even the pd that i wasnt looking to replace. some time after, i took out the sfd that was my straight stable fd,which i had loved btw. so 2 fds and 2 pds were now gone and the alpha assumed roles of those 4 discs. at the time of the switch i bagged 2 first run blue eternals and switched the white apex i had with a first run orange eternal.

as i seasoned the first alpha it gained a controllable turn while still being able to fly on hyzers and straight shots, it became more versatile over time as the pd and fd does. i currently bag 4 alphas and 2 fd's still but the understable sfd is about to come out in favor of my beat blue eternal alpha from last year. the dfd probably wont because its mainly for rollers and super understable but all pd's are gone and nearly all fd's are now gone.

the alpha is a great mold and i dont doubt you would be able to replace an fd or 2. some fd's do have more turn out of the box but with a little seasoning or the right alpha, i think you can replace them. ive had lots of people try the alpha and put it to the test against their favorite control/fairway driver and every person ive had try it, has loved it.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-01-2018, 09:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 574 Times in 422 Posts

I know theres a new run of SUBLIMEs but will there be a run of Eternal / Apex?? I want to pick up some Alphas for me and my group to try out, but I don't really want sublime....any ideas?
Old 03-01-2018, 09:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 28
Niced 226 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
I know theres a new run of SUBLIMEs but will there be a run of Eternal / Apex?? I want to pick up some Alphas for me and my group to try out, but I don't really want sublime....any ideas?
Production was behind so that was why only Sublime came out. We'll have the Eternal/Apex 3rd Run and Sublime 4th Run later this spring. Just unfortunate timing with some things, but we'll hopefully be a little more stable with supply later this year.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-01-2018, 11:52 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 35
Niced 170 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
i had now found my replacement for the 2nd run fd...
Awesome, thanks booter.

Of the current available runs and plastics, which would be recommended for that 2nd run-type flight and then something that may be a little less stable to pair with?
Old 03-01-2018, 12:15 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 22.6
Courses Played: 36
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I pair them with Rivers, mostly due to the fact i have not beaten in an Alpha to the point where I can turn it over consistently.

Old 03-01-2018, 01:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 28
Niced 226 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someth1ng View Post
I pair them with Rivers, mostly due to the fact i have not beaten in an Alpha to the point where I can turn it over consistently.
I still compliment my 5-6 Alphas with a turnover fairway. I really only have one that naturally holds an anhyzer(and its a transitional color that isn't normal PLH).