Old 06-16-2014, 01:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 106
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 102 Times in 65 Posts

I've bought two Ching Jam bags. One for female friends that might play with my friends and I, and another for me to use for a limited bag...which my wife took over when we got married. All women who have used them liked them just fine, and have had no interest in getting anything bigger. With that use--usually no more than once a week during summer--they have held up just fine. As far as I'm concerned the $10 was well-spent.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2014, 01:37 AM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 41
Niced 695 Times in 394 Posts

Ching Rocs are a stamping process (thing Discraft Supercolor).

Ching discs is a seperate company. Aside from the OG Tank (Rhyno top, small bead Aviar bottom) they have nothing in common with Innova. It isn't called OG but the newer runs have something new about them - I don't remember what changed in the mold but they are not 1:1 any more. Haven't tested the newer runs much so I won't comment on them but I loved the older ones

Juju is a unique putter with a deep rim and thumb "channels" for lack of a better word ranging from 9-3 o'clock (12-6?). The grooves or channels I mentioned are a mirror image of each other so half of them are deeper on the left side and the others on the right. You have to feel it to understand what I'm saying..or look at a picture lol. Base plastic is comparable to any other and as durable as the good runs of Pro-D and DX. Supreme is a gummy Champion/Z style plastic that feels amazing. Very deep rim as I mentioned.

Velocity is a control drive-ish speed disc (don't follow numbers much..something like a Wraith or Surge rim) that also has unique dimples around the rim. Six evenly shaped and distributed I believe. IIRC it had a bit of turn but overall was very overstable. Due to base plastic (no other options) it became a POS. 'Nuff said.

Oracle is an AWESOME mid that more people need to try. It's great. Neutral/understable, controllable, comfortable, and just fun to throw. The indentations are very comfortable and I enjoyed throwing the two I had for a few years before I lost them both Picture worthy:

I know the Precision exists but I've never thrown or handled one. I think there's another mold or two by them I'm forgetting but I can't remember

Old 03-31-2018, 02:44 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Ching Rocs are a stamping process (thing Discraft Supercolor).

Ching discs is a seperate company. Aside from the OG Tank (Rhyno top, small bead Aviar bottom) they have nothing in common with Innova. It isn't called OG but the newer runs have something new about them - I don't remember what changed in the mold but they are not 1:1 any more. Haven't tested the newer runs much so I won't comment on them but I loved the older ones

Juju is a unique putter with a deep rim and thumb "channels" for lack of a better word ranging from 9-3 o'clock (12-6?). The grooves or channels I mentioned are a mirror image of each other so half of them are deeper on the left side and the others on the right. You have to feel it to understand what I'm saying..or look at a picture lol. Base plastic is comparable to any other and as durable as the good runs of Pro-D and DX. Supreme is a gummy Champion/Z style plastic that feels amazing. Very deep rim as I mentioned.

Velocity is a control drive-ish speed disc (don't follow numbers much..something like a Wraith or Surge rim) that also has unique dimples around the rim. Six evenly shaped and distributed I believe. IIRC it had a bit of turn but overall was very overstable. Due to base plastic (no other options) it became a POS. 'Nuff said.

Oracle is an AWESOME mid that more people need to try. It's great. Neutral/understable, controllable, comfortable, and just fun to throw. The indentations are very comfortable and I enjoyed throwing the two I had for a few years before I lost them both Picture worthy:

I know the Precision exists but I've never thrown or handled one. I think there's another mold or two by them I'm forgetting but I can't remember

Yep the Juju Putter is great, My dad uses one in Supreme (the first premium plastic on the market for disc golf discs) he got in 2000's for $30 when the company Stopped making discs the first time. Dad uses that if he is not using his old plastic soft Pro Rhyno. Ching did make some discs that were well made but more niche so they did not sell all that well. I was told Innova owned the company at one point from an Uncle who used to use the Innova ROC like disc Ching made. He switched to ROC in DX and cycled after he stopped using the Ching disc when it wore out. Now he uses a Wasp in Z for the same shot after he lost his old discs in a fire in 2014 at his house. Shame as Uncle had a old soft DX Ryhno.

You are forgetting the Genesis, the Legacy a flat top ROC like disc. I know the Mojo was another disc the company made and may have also changed name to the Precision. Mojo was a lid style midrange yes that low profile of a lid with the same top thumb groves as the Juju. Had a friend who used a Mojo/Precision as a approach/putter when he was not using his Gumputt discs as an approach/putter.