Old 04-01-2018, 06:56 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 77 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
3rd runs are the most overstable alphas,the true power fairway alpha run. if you have thrown the yellow apex 2nd run, its similar to that but better glide. the 3rd run sublime colors are consistent across the board with stability,might find an anomaly here and there due to a flatter dome but they are all ovestable.
Thanks booter!
I can choose from a blue, red, dark grey and copper. So they should all be more or less the same?
How stable is this run? I haven’t thrown a yellow apex. Like fd3 stable? My 2nd run light blue sublime is pretty beefy (and also very flat), would theflight be comparable to that?
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 04-02-2018, 07:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.4
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 219 Times in 136 Posts

i think the flight is comparable to the fd3, i have only thrown one s line fd3 and id say that's a good comparison. the copper color was said to have a tick more stability than the other colors but i wouldn't say its really noticeable considering the stability of them all. they do have a pop top to them so the PLH is high in most,a buddy managed to find a flatter one that was a little less stable than the rest but they've been consistent otherwise

Old 04-02-2018, 07:56 AM
* Ace Member *

i know a few people who have taken out their firebirds for them,just because they were easier to FH and for the sake of mold minimalism. i FH mine more than my firebird but my firebird is the FAF opaque run from years ago that is really beefy and better for cut rollers IMO.

Old 04-02-2018, 08:58 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
i know a few people who have taken out their firebirds for them,just because they were easier to FH and for the sake of mold minimalism. i FH mine more than my firebird but my firebird is the FAF opaque run from years ago that is really beefy and better for cut rollers IMO.
Oh wow, more stable than I thought. So the hss is a hard 0 then? And does the lss seem true at 2 or are we looking at 3?

The numbers really don’t seem that useful sometimes, firebirds especially seem to expose that.
I tend to use Teebirds as a reference point, I know I know.. which one?... but a solid Tb doesn’t feel one tick less lss than a fb to me.
And there’s also how fast the fade kicks in.
This is where I really like my mild alphas, I find them more workeable (and there is some turn which helps this), same goes for my fd3. Where my fb wants start dipping it’s wing almost out of my hand. Anyways, I digress ;-)
I do find the fb hurts my hand a bit on forehands, perhaps this 3rd run alpha will take those duties, thanks Booter

Old 04-02-2018, 03:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 28
Niced 226 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yxebrew View Post
Does anyone have experience with the 3rd run? How are they flying compared to the second run? Is there much variation by colour? If so what?
Zj, much info coming in yet?

I love that werewolf!!
As Booter has said. These all came out with more fade than the previous runs of Alpha. They ended up being consistent in across every color. The consistency is ideal, the stability isn't. But again this is why we have that Serial #. It helps categorize these runs when we know there can be inconsistencies.

Old 04-02-2018, 10:07 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
As Booter has said. These all came out with more fade than the previous runs of Alpha. They ended up being consistent in across every color. The consistency is ideal, the stability isn't. But again this is why we have that Serial #. It helps categorize these runs when we know there can be inconsistencies.
What do you think made the difference? And any guess why the colours had variation and now are consistent? I don’t know a lot about disc manufacturering but my curiosity is piqued
Old 04-03-2018, 08:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 28
Niced 226 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yxebrew View Post
What do you think made the difference? And any guess why the colours had variation and now are consistent? I don’t know a lot about disc manufacturering but my curiosity is piqued
They molded with a higher parting line and turned out wing/rim.

The color itself has no factor in stability, but the best way I can describe it is like cooking. Change an ingredient like the type of flour or adjust the heat/time and you get different outcomes. Its more common in neutral drivers to see these inconsistencies because of where the wing sits.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 4
Niced 202 Times in 141 Posts

I basically bought my third runs because of the cool looking stamp. The narly looking monster dude with blood dripping off his hand. The run of plastic pearly and sexy.

Also, I was hoping for something more stable than the second runs I had. Not a bad flight just a little more turn than I wanted.

So, yeah got em in the mail. Just couldn't get over the plastic and look. Definitely as good as it gets looks wise.

The dome for me was just too pronounced and yeah I typically like some dome. The flight was very os. Like nothing I would have expected.

The only thing I could compare them to was a thought of yester year a distant memory of the whippet x. my go to fairway os driver. super os and domey as heck.

These are in the collector bin. I have so many great os fairways that they just aren't going to be worth trying to put in my bag. Typically with just a poppy dome it limits grip for me.

All in all a great effort but I think they should have toned this down a bit. These are a bit extreme.

Last edited by Dr.Smooth; 04-03-2018 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:48 AM
* Ace Member *

they werent trying to go with super OS, its just how the batch came out. if you think that was too os and wanted something more os than the 2nd runs, i would suggest trying the candy pink,candy green 2nd run eternal or maybe a 2nd run yellow apex but i would try the eternals first.

Old 04-04-2018, 03:09 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 26
Niced 51 Times in 42 Posts

Just saw Marshall street has the mint Alpha in stock,

What are the flight numbers on this disc ?