Old 06-01-2018, 12:17 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 993 Times in 651 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
If that happens I will leave you my home address please. Lol... but for reals.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 06-01-2018, 12:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 730 Times in 511 Posts

I rock an all MVP bag save for the Envy, I'm getting some Axiom drivers soon because I'm tired of all black rims and limited MVP colours.. I have three red ones in different molds so I put the electrical symbols on the front so I don't mix them up, again.

MVP needs to do more art on discs too, I've been going out of my way to get some of that sweet stuff because it's awesome and I want something that looks different, my all mvp bag looks boring.

Where are some eclipse glow light weight molds? Maybe a Relay or Envy preferably..

I love the consistency and the way it is easy to predict flight by reading the ratings. Pretty happy with everything, I would be curious if a light Vector was produced if it could compete with a Comet.

Maybe an Axis top and Vertex bottom rim?
Old 06-01-2018, 12:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,189 Times in 2,226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
If that happens I will leave you my home address please. Lol... but for reals.
With how ridiculously OS that thing is already, its kinda hard to believe it would be any more OS if that happened but it would have to be, right?
Old 06-01-2018, 12:35 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 993 Times in 651 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
With how ridiculously OS that thing is already, its kinda hard to believe it would be any more OS if that happened but it would have to be, right?
I’d be willing to give it a go! Honestly even I have a point where something more OS doesn’t serve a purpose but it’s super fun at this point to see what is most OS.

Old 06-01-2018, 01:16 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 7
Niced 205 Times in 137 Posts
Default New Novice/Rec Perspective

Pros:

1 - Consistent plastic. If I lose my favorite Tangent today, I can replace it tomorrow with another one with almost the same flight characteristics.

2 - Curb appeal. My all Axiom/MVP bag looks like a rainbow.

Cons:

1 - Axiom flies the same as MVP and really looks great, need more. Black is boring. Color is cool.

2 - Lightweight Mids (aka Fission): The only real gap in my MVP bag is a 155-160 Mid.

Bags: My Beaker has been a true champ. One year in (~100 rds) and it has withstood snow, sleet, plenty of Seattle rain, damp and dreary, and even the occasional sunny afternoon without any issues at all. Plays like it was new.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:22 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 23
Niced 301 Times in 121 Posts

MVP/Axiom does flat discs better than anyone else. People search high and low for flat Innova Firebirds, but every single MVP Resistor and Axiom Fireball I own is perfectly flat.

I would really like to have MVP discs in Axiom colors. Every time I look at the Disc Golf Center website I find an Axiom disc I want based on the sweet color combos. When I'm looking for a new Wave or Spin, I'm kind of disappointed by the options.

This isn't keeping me from buying MVP/Axiom, but I do wish the rim plastic was a bit more durable.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:31 AM

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 35
Niced 28 Times in 13 Posts

Here's what I need you to do:
  1. Grab all the watermelon proxies you have. If you don't have any, make more.
  2. Put them in a box.
  3. Send them to me.

A friend gave me one as a birthday gift threeish years ago. Since then, I've slowly grown to hate the man for giving me my absolute favourite disc that also happens to be irreplaceable. I haven't found it in stock anywhere, let alone anywhere close to me (I live in the EU).

Speaking of stock, that is the biggest problem I have with MVP/Axiom. Both the Volt and Amp in plasma plastic are absolute staples in my bag and I've had a pretty hard time replacing them (especially the Amp). Same goes for the proxy in general, not just the watermelon version.

More colour options for MVP rims wouldn't hurt either.

As for new accessories: I'd love a well built pull reel towel holder. Something sturdy that would attach to your bag and let you comfortably use the towel while it's sitting on the ground. I've tried building one from a cheap chinese pull reel, but it was a bit too flimsy.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:29 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 21
Niced 68 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP_Steve View Post
  • Discs
  • Do you like the plastic?
  • How does the rim feel?
  • Domey? Flat? Preference?
  • What would you like to see next? (Yes, we know about the OS Mid/Puttersoon™ )

Accessories - What do you like, or would want to see updated?

If there was an accessory you could get, what would you want?
Anything Else?

Seriously - What would you want more of?
Less of?
ok Steve, this may or may not get lengthy....

I have tried the 2.3 cm class of discs and found they are too big feeling for me. the 21.5cm rims are as big of a feeling rim as I will go, but I mainly stick to the 2.0cm and below. this is just a matter of personal preference. i just need to start by saying that.

Discs:
I get from a stability and speed perspective having tons of options in molds. at what point will you discontinue some? cranking out new discs monthly (or so it seems) makes it hard to keep up. the drift is my newest acquisition, and it is the replacement-ish for now OOP Elasto underworlds. so I have less fear of losing such a useful understable disc.

having an axiom volt class set of discs would be nice. one more overstable than a shock (think xxx, stego type oppressive OS) a slower wrath and insanity too. fireballs, thrills, motions all great but too fast for me to really control them.

at the very least re-tool an amp so it is actually understable. everyone I have thrown was not what I expected it to fly like (I have had stabilities ranging from firebird to volt, with no turn what so ever).

I have found that the sub170 discs are in my weight range for both control and distance. so more options like that (especially for shocks)

now that I am used to overlords, I do not have any transgressions for rim feel. they feel like solo molds

plastic
stiffer neutron blend for the matrix. the domey matrix was a let down for me. I don't like being able to not distinguish neutron from plasma by feel in my bag.

proton in brighter colours. the pink/red blue gets lost in the grass to easily. the Orange is spot on for brightness.

not a fan of the fission feel. it is too soft for me. great grip, but too soft for what I like.

also keeping those fission discs to have a flatter profile would be great too. the dome is glidey! however they become less controlable at times. (accidental rollers, or non-headwind discs)

bright colours... every time I go online or to shops... all that is left are blue and red discs (some brown and green too). white, pink, dayglow yellow (I had an alias that was so bright it hurt my eyes), light purples .. stuff that when it goes in foliage it won't disappear till winter (maybe it will get found in the winter....) I have this problem with proton discs... I lose them in plain sight... 5 minutes of walking around where I saw it land and still didn't see it, dark pink blended right into the grass.

other
i still prefer the flat topped discs for overstable drivers / mids. the run of Mike C tesla's are my favourite for plh, stiffness, and feel.

next, more from streamline. I dig the trace and drift, and have a firm pilot. expanding to have a buzzz-like mid, and a 7 speed teebird/eagle-l type molud would be great. cuz they are made well, break in slow, and cheap to replace premium plastic (oh and the stamping is mega awesome too)

Accessories
no more fidget spinners!!!

bring back the overstable clipboards, maybe branded pencils/pens to sell as a set for TD's.

a streamline mini - "the slug" a shout out to penny slugs to get candy out of machines back in the old days.

and I have no experience with the bags, I use voodoo bags because they will last longer than my disc golf career.

More clothing options, especially for broad shouldered, bigger guys. Polos (so I can wear them to work)

Old 06-01-2018, 11:38 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 29
Niced 208 Times in 131 Posts

What do you like about our:
Discs : I like that I can get a Neutron disc like my Clash at 155g and it's still overstable. I like that they are mostly flat.
Do you like the plastic? :I love Neutron and Plasma plastic. Soft N is good for putters but I wouldn't want it for anything else.
How does the rim feel? :I like the rims fine on most discs. My favorite is the Relay for feel in my hand.
Domey? Flat? Preference? :Flat
What would you like to see next? (Yes, we know about the OS Mid/Puttersoon™ ) :I would like to see the Resistor in Plasma plastic, Axiom glow discs (but not just the rim, that doesn't do anyone any good). And 16mm class for Axiom, specifically something between the Clash and Resistor in stability and something between the Clash and Crave.
Bags: Never owned one, but I love the vertical storage of my Shift. I highly recommend making one with vertical storage.
Are they too heavy? :
Do they hit you in the wrong spot?
What would you like to see changed?
Do you prefer the Big Voyager Pro? Or the Slim?
What do you like the most/least?

Accessories - What do you like, or would want to see updated?: The towels are great, but too long, they just drag on the ground and get dirty/muddy which doesn't really help with drying off/cleaning my discs. I would like them to be about half their current length but maybe wider with another fold. I usually clip mine to my belt loop, so nothing too heavy would be great also.

If there was an accessory you could get, what would you want? :I want an Axiom bandanna, maybe like one of those multi purpose ones to keep sweat out of my eyes in the summer and a mask for the winter.

Anything Else? :I love the artist series for Axiom. Keep it up. I don't mind the green rims, but I'll echo what many others said, more white cores for Axiom. I think it would be better to be a little more purposeful in picking the rim/core color combos. Limit them to a few less options maybe, even if that means my favorite combos no longer exist, if it means no more pink/red or orange/red combos, I'm all for it.

Seriously - What would you want more of? :Axiom discs, specifically a more OS, and US putter, and a more OS Mid. Axiom 16mm class discs.

Less of?:High Speed Drivers

Niced: (2)

Old 06-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 322 Times in 220 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP_Steve View Post

What do you like about our:
[LIST][*]Discs[*]Do you like the plastic?

This is your time to tell me what you want, or hate, or love about MVP/Axiom/Streamline - and I really would like to hear about it.

Appreciate it.
First, I think this thread is a nice idea.

Discs: Line Carvers. Consistency and craftsmanship (no flashing)

Plastic: MVP Proton: Like the flight and feel but they are hard to find on the ground or in brush. For this reason, I only buy Neutron or Plasma now. If the core colors could be made brighter, that'd be great.

MVP rims: I realize that black rims is the signature MVP look. But I honestly prefer the variety that Axiom offers. Not just for variety purposes, but again for visibility. Sometimes the black rimmed disc against the sky and tree backdrop is tougher to track (I promise I have good eyesight). Axiom is easier to see both in the air and on the ground.

Axiom: I love the bright colors but I'd like to see less of the color combinations that clash terribly (pink and red, for example). I would think that less is more here - if some of the better color combinations could be used. And, yes, more white cores with pink rims or any other bright color combos that don't clash.

Cheers