Old 11-20-2018, 09:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.2
Courses Played: 156
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 154 Times in 101 Posts

Man, that's an impressive and virtually impossible to execute plan.

Navigation at Nevin is well marked and lightly played, if playing Worlds layout you might be able to make your schedule. Hornets Nest has a some long transitions but they are pretty well marked so follow those cues. Same thing, if playing Worlds layout you might be able to play in the allotted time. Print and use a map for Renny Gold, the navigation is very challenging. And it will take at least 2:15 (and that's moving really, really fast).

If it were my trip, I'd add in Stumpy Creek (most under-rated Charlotte area course) after Rolling Pines. I'd bump Renny till Saturday, get an earlier start in the morning and play Renny and Canaan while dropping Sandhills.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 11-20-2018, 09:24 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 135
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 193 Times in 109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhadella View Post
Man, that's an impressive and virtually impossible to execute plan.

Navigation at Nevin is well marked and lightly played, if playing Worlds layout you might be able to make your schedule. Hornets Nest has a some long transitions but they are pretty well marked so follow those cues. Same thing, if playing Worlds layout you might be able to play in the allotted time. Print and use a map for Renny Gold, the navigation is very challenging. And it will take at least 2:15 (and that's moving really, really fast).

If it were my trip, I'd add in Stumpy Creek (most under-rated Charlotte area course) after Rolling Pines. I'd bump Renny till Saturday, get an earlier start in the morning and play Renny and Canaan while dropping Sandhills.
My brother and I are pretty familiar with these sorts of trips. We can get six courses done in a day in the middle of summer, but those were shorter and a little closer together. I think I can try for the Renny Gold on Saturday, bumping out the worse Canaan. That should give me enough time to play the other courses at more of a relaxed pace. I'll maybe be able to add a shorter course for Friday evening too.

One of my favorite parts about disc golf trips is the planning part. It's fun, and a little bit stressful. I usually try and make the best possible trip, even if it's a tad ambitious. So far it has all worked out.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 33.4
Courses Played: 358
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 103 Times in 53 Posts

Go Pitt, beat Clemson (ND fan here). I didn't like RLSmith at all in 2015 so I'm glad they are revamping it. Rolling Pines is indeed excellent, last month I drove 2.3 hrs out of the way to play it and I'm glad I did.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:54 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 75
Niced 58 Times in 32 Posts

I would suggest maybe joining Charlotte area disc golf (group) on Facebook. Explain you are from out of town and you would like to play Bracketts Bluff in Davidson, just north of Charlotte. It’s a private course. No guarantees, it’s gotten pretty exclusive, but maybe a member can show you through.

Niced: (2)

Old 12-05-2018, 10:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 183
Niced 669 Times in 444 Posts

How did you like Nevin? That was by far my favorite Charlotte course when we were there a couple weeks ago.