Old 11-28-2018, 10:10 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 123
Niced 241 Times in 94 Posts

It really depends on what run of OLF you are talking about. I would say that the newer OLFs are more stable than an Orc while the earlier runs are less stable than an Orc.
I would also say that generally speaking the Orc has less HSS but more LSS than the OLF, so the OLF is straighter. However, oddly I find it easier to stand up an OLF on a hyzer flip. Even though the Orc has less LSS, you can still put a fair amount of anhyzer or torque and it won't turn and burn. I would also say that the OLF does better in the wind than an Orc. Orcs get squirrelly in a headwind or strong crosswinds. Just goes to show that it isn't all in the numbers.
I would say that a Thunderbird is even straighter than an OLF, but I have a more limited experience with Thundies.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 11-30-2018, 09:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 59
Niced 136 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Of those two I prefer the Orc. Its a tick faster and seems to go a little further.
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODRB View Post
Orc is a bit faster, a bit wider in the rim,
You can crush on both if you get your release angles dialed in, and both have the same distance potential as a Thundy, if not slightly more.

Depends what you want out of it, really: OLF is probably a better all-around fairway/control driver while the Orc is probably a better control/distance tweener driver.
^this for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by riltim View Post
It's a "distance" driver (OLF) for those without a huge arm, ie most players out there.. Very controllable but they have to perfect HSS/LSS combo to gain some distance as well.
Especially the less stable first runs and those first run Qs that were stamped 1.2. Anyway, sweet tight s-curves pushing 400' on a low line. I prefer them in my control driver slot on longer woods courses or tailwind hucks where an orc might require some flex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgreen View Post
It really depends on what run of OLF you are talking about. I would say that the newer OLFs are more stable than an Orc while the earlier runs are less stable than an Orc.
I would also say that generally speaking the Orc has less HSS but more LSS than the OLF, so the OLF is straighter. However, oddly I find it easier to stand up an OLF on a hyzer flip. Even though the Orc has less LSS, you can still put a fair amount of anhyzer or torque and it won't turn and burn. I would also say that the OLF does better in the wind than an Orc. Orcs get squirrelly in a headwind or strong crosswinds. Just goes to show that it isn't all in the numbers.
I would say that a Thunderbird is even straighter than an OLF, but I have a more limited experience with Thundies.
^

I've got a stack of old pearlies and tulsa orcs and love the mold. I've held onto a few of my favorite QOLFs but I just jell with the orc. I tested PDs when they were hot on DGR but found orcs that crush the wind or hold my power no problem.

At Jonesboro this year I had a 350' CTP on a low flat line over the road with my well seasoned tulsa star orc that may have popped up a few degrees but flew 300' on a dead straight line over OB into a slight headwind before that sweeping orc fade kicked in. I picked it up used years ago but I'd say today its 10/5/-1.5/2.5 with 400' max on a 20' high flex line.

Last weekend at a bring your own partner bomber par 62 course, I hit my first ace of the year on a 320' hyzer skip that carried over the road fading into a L to R crosswind. Its just a production champ 175 with a whopper dome. I got it as a water disc but its been money for years. started 10/4/0/4 now 10/4/-1/3; hyzer's to 380' into whatever wind you'll ever find in the Midsouth, you flippy small sample size orc haters. Its my PD/OLF/ThB

Niced: (2)
Old 11-30-2018, 11:30 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 23.8
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 246 Times in 126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltik View Post
Thundies... lol
I've been trying to organize an unofficial "Thundies with Undies" round, but right now, in my circle, I'm the only one who owns both discs.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 138 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgreen View Post
Sounds like olf=teebirdish/ orc=eagle
Old 12-01-2018, 11:10 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 59
Niced 136 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw80550 View Post
Sounds like olf=teebirdish/ orc=eagle
more like
PD = Teebirdish
OLF = Eagle
Orc = baby Wraith/Destroyer

Old 12-01-2018, 08:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 84 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
I've been trying to organize an unofficial "Thundies with Undies" round, but right now, in my circle, I'm the only one who owns both discs.
Maybe you should go thundies in your undies, put a new spin on ice bowl