Old 12-03-2018, 08:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 664 Times in 321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by riltim View Post
Watched the McBeth ITB on Jomez and I don't know why but I was expecting more. He didn't seem too excited about any of it. Also wasn't really certain about how what he was throwing would fly, some of which it seems like he was throwing for the first time.

I don't think it was bad but maybe I expected him to have his bag a little more dialed in for the video with a bit of excitement about the new molds.
They shoulda got MikeC to edit produce it.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 12-03-2018, 09:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 109
Niced 349 Times in 148 Posts

Quote:
Watched the McBeth ITB on Jomez and I don't know why but I was expecting more. He didn't seem too excited about any of it. Also wasn't really certain about how what he was throwing would fly, some of which it seems like he was throwing for the first time.

I don't think it was bad but maybe I expected him to have his bag a little more dialed in for the video with a bit of excitement about the new molds.
Yeah I'll just try a roller here with this one just to see

*Throws 600 ft roller*

Old 12-03-2018, 09:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 180
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 68 Times in 54 Posts

He seems to really like the Force and Undertaker
Old 12-03-2018, 09:32 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 306 Times in 174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmcnelly View Post
They probably fly about identically to his more overstable Destroyers and that beat Teebird3 that he's been throwing forever...
Old 12-03-2018, 10:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 24
Niced 466 Times in 269 Posts

Quote:

Realize it is titled “building the bag” not an in the bag.
This is Discraft able to put out arguably their biggest marketing video for their discs in years. He’s highlighting their line. A true in the bag won’t come for a long time. You are expecting something that would be more appropriate for after the memorial. This is Discraft marketing their discs with their new poster boy not a PMcB in the bag.
I think it’s a great move by them. He’s highlighting discs he will probably never throw. Discs I have simply because they were in a player pack or tourney prize or raffle that I’ve never thrown or thought about throwing. How many Discraft discs are out there sitting waiting to be thrown. Does this video get me to throw any of mine? Buy more?

Hell his final statement is ~some are in my bag some I threw for the first time today.... tell us what you think.

Last edited by Putt for D'oh; 12-03-2018 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Watched the end
Old 12-03-2018, 10:31 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 166
Niced 2,229 Times in 1,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmcnelly View Post
That and trying to figure out how to throw the Mantis like MJ. That's all I really took from that video.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-03-2018, 11:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,590 Times in 1,647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
That and trying to figure out how to throw the Mantis like MJ. That's all I really took from that video.
Looking forward to seeing him throw Comets 400+ in the mids video, even if he doesn't bag them later.

Old 12-03-2018, 11:23 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 34
Niced 219 Times in 126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putt for D'oh View Post
Realize it is titled “building the bag” not an in the bag.
This is Discraft able to put out arguably their biggest marketing video for their discs in years. He’s highlighting their line. A true in the bag won’t come for a long time. You are expecting something that would be more appropriate for after the memorial. This is Discraft marketing their discs with their new poster boy not a PMcB in the bag.
I think it’s a great move by them. He’s highlighting discs he will probably never throw. Discs I have simply because they were in a player pack or tourney prize or raffle that I’ve never thrown or thought about throwing. How many Discraft discs are out there sitting waiting to be thrown. Does this video get me to throw any of mine? Buy more?

Hell his final statement is ~some are in my bag some I threw for the first time today.... tell us what you think.
As I said in my original post, it's not bad, it just wasn't what I expected. I was hoping to see some molds that he's put the time in with and are some serious contenders for making the bag.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:48 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 25
Niced 30 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
As I said in my original post, it's not bad, it just wasn't what I expected. I was hoping to see some molds that he's put the time in with and are some serious contenders for making the bag.
Not to belabor the point, but the video series is called "building the bag". It's not an in the bag. He says exactly what's for sure and what he's experimenting with.

We're gonna get 4+ years of in the bags from McBeth. I for one am glad we get to see the process of building it, and not just the finished product.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:12 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 58
Niced 106 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfraney43 View Post

We're gonna get 4+ years of in the bags from McBeth. I for one am glad we get to see the process of building it, and not just the finished product.
It would seem disingenuous if he acted like he's been throwing it all and knows all of Discrafts discs already.

He JUST started throwing their discs, he has a few molds hes for sure throwing, and a few that he's testing out. Seems legit.