Yeah well done toro.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2014, 08:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 25 Times in 20 Posts

I like them both. Although I've only had 1 disc in each plastic, so my experience is somewhat limited.

They both seem similarly durable and from my understanding there's not much of a difference in stabilities between plastics. MVP makes nice discs and I am not even a fanboy. I putt with a Neutron Ion and have been looking to get a backup. I didn't know about their soft plastic when I got this disc so I have been wanting to try that. It seems pretty schweet.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 16
Niced 154 Times in 107 Posts

proton for putters because it's available in soft for putters.

neutron for drivers because there aren't very many proton drivers.

in general, i'd prefer neutron because i like to dye my discs...white discs are my jam.

for feel, i like proton. it feels stickier out of the gate. and as it beats in it gets to be similar to a sort of gummy champ.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-11-2018, 07:14 AM

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 19
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Different criterion...I think neutron is easier to FIND than proton.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:46 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,146 Times in 1,580 Posts

I prefer Neutron, to the point it's the only MVP plastic I will buy.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 574 Times in 422 Posts

Depends - they are fairly similar - I'll say Neutron just because if you get a nice run they are tacky with medium firmness and feel great. I will admit in winter they firm up and are a little slick but that's really any premium plastic. Plasma does OK in winter - at least for mids n putters. I just don't like how proton is mostly all clear and the colors are like, dull and there are only a few options. I want to have them make FX or opaque pearly proton that's still tacky . that would rule

but yeah for now I like Neutron more
Old 12-11-2018, 10:02 AM
Par Member

Niced 101 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc349 View Post
For me it seems Protons hold their stability longer, and seem a touch more stable off the shelf. My Eclipse Tangent is as stable as my brand new Neutron Tangent and my Eclipse has seen a year of play.
I second this. I went with all proton for my first big Axiom purchase thinking it would be more durable. My home course is rocky. That has proved true for the most part, although Neutron is very tough. I purchased every Axiom driver in proton to see what I like best. After I settled on a few, I bought their counterparts in neutron and there’s was less stability in general. Some molds being like a different disc and some just little milder HSS. This year I’ll make a few plasma purchases to see if they have just little more HS turn (less HSS).
I’m an Axiom fanboy except for MVP mids Tangent, Matrix and Deflector. The deep dish MVP putters, ion and spin, are slow floaty goodness in electron, but off the tee I don’t think you can beat the envy in proton and the proxy in neutron.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 5
Niced 728 Times in 509 Posts

Haha you necrophiliacs.... Plasma wasn't an option when this thread ended in 2014.

Generally I buy a lot of Neutron but Plasma I think is my choice, I'm mostly indifferent.

Old 12-11-2018, 11:07 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 27
Niced 415 Times in 252 Posts

The only mold that I've owned in all three plastics is a Wave, but I've never owned it in all three at the same time. My current neutron and current proton Waves are interchangeable, they fly identical lines. As far as handfeel goes they're interchangeable as well...blindfolded I don't think I could tell you which one is which. I do recall the Plasma being domier which I liked, and flying in more of a true S-curve whereas the neutron and proton just fly super straight with very little turn or fade--almost like a driver version of a workhorse midrange. I plan on picking up a Plasma Wave again with the inevitable Christmas gift cards, at which point I will truly be able to compare all three plastics. But for now, I'd say I have no preference between Neutron and Proton other than aesthetics, and Plasma seems like it would be nice in certain molds but I have really limited experience with that plastic.