Old 12-07-2014, 11:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by veek View Post
Just got my chief yesterday, took it with me to a league game today and it was windy, so I gave it a good work out. I love it, up shots, drives and putts, it out performed the Wizz in the wind. I left the Pig at home and thats where its staying, dont need it anymore, the Chief is the sh-t. It may also kick out my Nova soon and after more testing, who knows, maybe by by Wizzard. It would be great to only carry one putter, but even as it stands now its in the bag for good.
Just curious, but how do you see this kicking out the Nova? I use my chiefs for completely different shots than my Novas. Kicking out the wizard - I could see. The pig - maybe (although not nearly as stable).

Quote:
Originally Posted by banknwank View Post
Just picked up a chief yesterday and loving it. Not nearly as beefy as my max weight esp zone, but twice as versatile . It may be on the stable side of things for a putter, but it's a fairly neutral upshot machine.
The low profile rim releases clean on every type of shot /grip. I can even get a nice clean 70 foot anny line out of it with a thumb fh. Drives nice and straight with a little more glide than a zone and doesn't show any turn. Imo , It's similar to 7/10 roc that's not showing any turn yet, but loosing some of the fade. . Not sure I will putt with it a bunch, but a great driving/ upshot /midrange putter.
Agreed.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2017, 09:25 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 46
Niced 97 Times in 76 Posts

I've read it is a good upshot and driving putter, but how is it with putting? Having read some reviews, I would like to hear more about the putting aspect of the Chief.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 49.8
Courses Played: 4
Niced 167 Times in 109 Posts

I've only ever seen one guy putt with Chiefs, not trying to detour you. It probably just gets overlooked because of the Wizard. I did like the Chief, just didn't end up bagging it. But if you are looking for a lower profile, beaded, fairly neutral disc, might be worth trying one out.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:09 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 46
Niced 97 Times in 76 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmcgee View Post
I've only ever seen one guy putt with Chiefs, not trying to detour you. It probably just gets overlooked because of the Wizard. I did like the Chief, just didn't end up bagging it. But if you are looking for a lower profile, beaded, fairly neutral disc, might be worth trying one out.
That's definitely the criteria that I'm looking for. I wanna try it out before I make my final decision on my putter. Right now I'm leaning heavy on that Atom that you sent me. It was a little more slick than what I like but I put some acetone on it to take some of it out.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 49.8
Courses Played: 4
Niced 167 Times in 109 Posts

That was a regular, maybe a soft Atom? Chiefs are more shallow than Atoms, if my memory serves me correctly. If you decide to try a Chief, call Gateway and tell them what feel you are looking for. They have some good direct deals and will try to give you what you are looking for.

Wish I still had some Chiefs still, I'd send you one.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 286 Times in 126 Posts

Anyone still throwing the Chief? This thing has been a revelation for me, that shallow rim is so comfortable and easy to release. It’s the first putter I’ve ever felt comfortable driving with & taking longer upshots. It feels very much like a mid in my hand.

Anyone throw this in Evo or Diamond plastic and are they as flat as the Suregrip? The Evo Chief OS has a slight dome.

Old 01-13-2019, 07:57 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 270 Times in 161 Posts

The Evo's I've had have a dome like an OS.

Niced: (1)