Old 02-14-2019, 02:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 676 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
He specifically said they wouldn't be using existing molds to create new discs?

So they are making all new molds?
Me:
Am I right in assuming that the deal you have going with Lat64 and Yikun is pretty 1:1 as the one you have with Innova. I.e. their plastics, their mold pieces, branded Discmania.

Austin:
Not totally. These new lineups will feature 100% new molds and plastic, designed by us.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 02-14-2019, 02:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 415 Times in 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
How many companies have tried to copy the Teebird? Apparently it's not so simple.
Good point.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:25 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 171
Niced 700 Times in 324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
I was merely trying to point out that he posts that sentiment a lot, and already had done so multiple times in this thread. I totally understand why some people dislike the Swedish plastic (although I personally love it for the reasons you stated). Wasn't arguing his sentiment, just pointing out its redundancy.
I post it a lot because I hear it a lot.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 121
Niced 83 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
I just figured people got smart and learned that Lat64 has inferior plastic compared to its competitors.
Hmmm... I absolutely love Opto/Lucid/VIP. In my opinion it's more durable than Star but less durable than Champion. I can grip it way better than Champion though so it hits my sweet spot for durability and grip. To each their own I guess.

I'm excited to have more discs in my favorite plastic - Opto/Lucid/VIP/NEO

Old 02-14-2019, 05:14 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,157 Times in 1,587 Posts

This announcement did not live up to the hype (McBeth to Discraft was a far more earth-and-DG-shaking event), but I'm curious what this is going to mean for the Innova-Discmania and DynamicDiscs-Lat64 relationships. Seems like things are "busy" right now with all these cooks in the kitchen...
Old 02-14-2019, 05:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 180
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 68 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
I think my favorite thing so far from reading the website is that they say that they are going to be adding higher end products to the market via lat64 and that quality matters. Im not sure if they did their research ahead of time but lat64's plastic has been know to not hold up as well as innova. They might be able to produce a more consistent flight pattern in discs but overall they are a lower quality. I dont see this going well for Discmania unless they get Simon and Eagle to throw the crap out of the new stuff.
Dave Feldberg would disagree directly with your moment about durability. He said in his most recent in the bag with infinite, that it's hard to beat Lat64 in.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-14-2019, 05:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,590 Times in 1,647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
This announcement did not live up to the hype (McBeth to Discraft was a far more earth-and-DG-shaking event), but I'm curious what this is going to mean for the Innova-Discmania and DynamicDiscs-Lat64 relationships. Seems like things are "busy" right now with all these cooks in the kitchen...
Or rather a lot of servers waiting on a couple of cooks...

Old 02-14-2019, 05:58 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,157 Times in 1,587 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmcnelly View Post
Dave Feldberg would disagree directly with your moment about durability. He said in his most recent in the bag with infinite, that it's hard to beat Lat64 in.
I wonder if he was talking his book (i.e. his sponsor), or if he has a plastic available to him that others don't. I've found Gold Line to be anything but durable, and while Opto is more durable, my experience (sample size, a lot of discs) is that it's not even close to Champion and not even as durable as Star. And I have several Rivers and Furys that can testify to how easily they beat in.

Old 02-14-2019, 06:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 194
Niced 1,784 Times in 1,028 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I wonder if he was talking his book (i.e. his sponsor), or if he has a plastic available to him that others don't. I've found Gold Line to be anything but durable, and while Opto is more durable, my experience (sample size, a lot of discs) is that it's not even close to Champion and not even as durable as Star. And I have several Rivers and Furys that can testify to how easily they beat in.
tbh of recent its not even about their durability its about how horrid their flashing is you dont end up throwing it in the first place cuz the discs will cut your fingers so worrying about the durability is unnecessary

trilogy killed itself

Old 02-14-2019, 07:16 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Niced 49 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
tbh of recent its not even about their durability its about how horrid their flashing is you dont end up throwing it in the first place cuz the discs will cut your fingers so worrying about the durability is unnecessary

trilogy killed itself
I don't have a ton to compare but I got a bunch of latitude discs today and my Pure in base plastic has flashing and maybe a little on the gold line one. Mids and Drivers are fine.

My first disc ever I bought was the worst and it was a Star Aviar P&A but I guess no bead putters like Aviar and Pure are more prone to flashing I guess. My MVP, Discraft and Kastaplast discs never had flashing.

Flashing is annoying and I sure think company should sell discs without it but at least it's not that hard to smooth them myself now.