Old 02-27-2018, 07:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 724 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
Tried the Slammer, although in a cheap as you can get plastic, and didn't find much love at all for it. This was about 2 months after I started playing so my arm speed wasn't very high back then, but it was way short and too overstable for me. Probably different now but I'd still say I'm looking for something not quite as overstable as the Slammer.

Would you say the Suspect is between the Slammer and the Truth as far as stability?

Just a little worried about the Verdict being a bit more overstable than I'm wanting (at least for my arm speed)...but then again, as my arm speed increases it may be exactly what I'm looking for in an overstable mid.

I'm looking to use it primarily from the fairway as an approach disc. There are several holes in which I need that straight as arrow flight until it gets to the end and then it needs to dump left.

Does this sound reasonable: I have a Lucid Truth at 169g. If I get a Lucid EMAC Truth at 171g, then the EMAC should give me that left (RHBH) finish I'm looking for? Same plastic, 0/2 vs -1/1 numbers, and heavier weight - that should add up to a more stable flight and a nice left ending to the flight....right?

Thanks for everyone's help and input!!!

TripleB
Here's a general idea, and I personally feel like it's about how they performed for me. I think that the slammer and the suspect are equal in stability, the suspect is just longer.

http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/cont...1250081130005O
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2018, 07:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 34
Niced 344 Times in 216 Posts

Slammer was much more overstable than the suspect. So, shorter as well. Less glide too.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:04 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 143 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Does your current Truth show turn for you? Does it fade much? Or is it just a glidey straight mid that will drift left as it drops?
My Lucid Truth is pretty much a straight flyer for me...today average 262 feet. If I get it a little high it fades a tiny bit but overall it's a straight flyer.

TripleB
Old 02-27-2018, 10:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,590 Times in 1,647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
My Lucid Truth is pretty much a straight flyer for me...today average 262 feet. If I get it a little high it fades a tiny bit but overall it's a straight flyer.

TripleB
Ok, then I'd suggest Verdict. The difference between a stable and not so stable Truth to me is more in its HSS portion of flight. You might gain a bit of fade, but it'll be a different flavor of similar disc. Plus the flight of a good stable Truth or EMac is similar to that M2 video that I posted/you confirmed where it's pretty firmly straight with a drop left at the end. If you want to step up in fade then Verdict will be more significant IMO. It'll likely cost you a little bit of distance, but it shouldn't be crazy beefy. Overstable discs just do that, I throw my straight/understable mids as far as my overstable control drivers, but the Verdict keeps up with my other mids for the most part.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 26
Niced 176 Times in 105 Posts

I tried to look through the thread but had some trouble finding the answer. Now that these have been out for a while in base plastics, how are they seasoning? I'm looking for something to lose LSS and keep HSS throughout the process until it starts to turn over. Kind of like a roc or a slower TB.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:40 AM
Eagle Member

Took a few weeks and a ton of trees, but I answered my own question and I figured I 'd post in here if anyone else was curious. They season like a less glidey roc. I beat in my classic blend to be super straight with 75% power, when hit hard on hyzer it flips up to flat and then finishes pretty straight, when thrown with power flat it will glide over a bit then kind of straighten up. I don't think it is going to turn and burn, but we will see.

This has to be one of the most underrated molds out there. I know there are 62 pages in this thread, but I hardly see anyone talking about it. Nobody has said posted in here since February. I've never actually seen another person throwing them in person. This is the best mid I have thrown hands down. It's overstable enough to take decent headwind and hold it's line, it comes in a really nice variety of great plastics, it can take power and is pretty long, it's workable, it's a solid upshot disc, it seasons really well (so far), it's flat topped while also having a reasonable amount of glide, and most importantly it is great on both a BH and a FH. I could see this being in my bag for a very long time.

Niced: (2)
Old 04-19-2019, 11:47 AM

Niced 20 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeCroisQue View Post
Took a few weeks and a ton of trees, but I answered my own question and I figured I 'd post in here if anyone else was curious. They season like a less glidey roc. I beat in my classic blend to be super straight with 75% power, when hit hard on hyzer it flips up to flat and then finishes pretty straight, when thrown with power flat it will glide over a bit then kind of straighten up. I don't think it is going to turn and burn, but we will see.

This has to be one of the most underrated molds out there. I know there are 62 pages in this thread, but I hardly see anyone talking about it. Nobody has said posted in here since February. I've never actually seen another person throwing them in person. This is the best mid I have thrown hands down. It's overstable enough to take decent headwind and hold it's line, it comes in a really nice variety of great plastics, it can take power and is pretty long, it's workable, it's a solid upshot disc, it seasons really well (so far), it's flat topped while also having a reasonable amount of glide, and most importantly it is great on both a BH and a FH. I could see this being in my bag for a very long time.
I love my lucid suspect. As a primary forehand player, it's got amazing grip (although if bagging full-time I would go to a classic medium plastic) and enough stability to be able to put a lot on it without turning it over. The only thing keeping me from bagging this full-time is the lack of a REALLY overstable suspect (like Harp, AviarX3 overstable) for utility/ big headwinds where I don't want a driver speed. If they would only just make a Lucid-X Suspect. For now, the AviarX3 with the Aviar3s will keep flying...
Old 04-19-2019, 12:18 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTiger13 View Post
I love my lucid suspect. As a primary forehand player, it's got amazing grip (although if bagging full-time I would go to a classic medium plastic) and enough stability to be able to put a lot on it without turning it over. The only thing keeping me from bagging this full-time is the lack of a REALLY overstable suspect (like Harp, AviarX3 overstable) for utility/ big headwinds where I don't want a driver speed. If they would only just make a Lucid-X Suspect. For now, the AviarX3 with the Aviar3s will keep flying...
I thought the exact same thing! How do they not have a lucid-x suspect already?
Old 04-19-2019, 04:07 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 57 Times in 37 Posts

I use a Zone for the OS/utility. The Zone and Suspect feel the same in my hands.

Old Today, 03:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,289 Times in 755 Posts

Saw this pic. today. . .so Paige chose a OOP disc as her 5X dics ?

Niced: (1)