Old 09-30-2017, 08:54 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 102 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBMeistor View Post
Yeah somewhere between pre flight numbers and post flight numbers (while the patent numbers were still present) the rims started to come out slanted, where earlier they were closer to vertical.

Most of us prefer the more vertical rims.
Interesting. I guess I havent come across any. None of the Banshees Ive handled recently felt like they were plussed.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2017, 12:07 AM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 695 Times in 394 Posts

^As a long time Banshee thrower they're certainly out there. I was skeptical to use the first one I came across but I noticed zero difference in flight...turn/fade/skips/rolls/grenades/overhand - all acted exactly how I expected.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:42 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,147 Times in 1,581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydex View Post
Interesting. I guess I havent come across any. None of the Banshees Ive handled recently felt like they were plussed.
I haven't come across any, either. But it wouldn't bother me if I did. I've never had a problem with Plus mold rims.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:30 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.8
Courses Played: 135
Niced 2,251 Times in 854 Posts

It's always hard to know with Innova since they have a history of changing molds without saying anything, The Banshee mold might be the same and a run just molded up funny.

There was a run of Rocs 7-8 years ago that freaked everyone out; the rims were plusy and they were really domey. It was right about the same time that the + rims were introduced so the assumption was that they had +ed the Rancho Roc. All I could figure was that they ran a terrible run of domey Rocs. Domey versions of something that shouldn't be that domey seemed to also have plusy feeling rims, kinda the consequence of a run of discs that mold up funny.

With Rocs, by the next year you didn't see many of freaks anymore. Banshees are a low-volume disc so if they ran a crappy run of Champ Banshees they would be around for years, an effect made worse by the fact that people like me are not buying them anymore. It's possible that they could have had a subsequent run that came out flatter with normal feeling rims that are out there.

OR...I could totally wrong and speculating about something I really have no knowledge of. Welcome to the Internet.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-01-2017, 09:09 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 102 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
It's always hard to know with Innova since they have a history of changing molds without saying anything, The Banshee mold might be the same and a run just molded up funny.

There was a run of Rocs 7-8 years ago that freaked everyone out; the rims were plusy and they were really domey. It was right about the same time that the + rims were introduced so the assumption was that they had +ed the Rancho Roc. All I could figure was that they ran a terrible run of domey Rocs. Domey versions of something that shouldn't be that domey seemed to also have plusy feeling rims, kinda the consequence of a run of discs that mold up funny
I actually have one of these I bought new at a PiAS last year. I freaking love it. It almost has too much dome. But it glides and holds any angle better than any other mid Ive thrown.

As for Banshees, Im guess its just how the new champ plastic runs. Looking at my newer DX, the plus rim certainly isnt the case.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:55 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 166
Niced 2,229 Times in 1,044 Posts

I've been on the lookout for flat Banshees for like 3 years now. I haven't found one in a store yet.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:07 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 61 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
I've been on the lookout for flat Banshees for like 3 years now. I haven't found one in a store yet.
It helps if you can go to one of the big stores like Inifinite, they usually have a whole box of stuff even if they don't move fast.

Problem is I see some of the employees are onto the good stuff, they set aside nice stuff for themselves a lot, whether it is transitional colors or old runs of stuff that show up like older TeeBirds.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 16
Niced 154 Times in 107 Posts

Thinking of putting together an off-the-wall bag for funsies. 150 class champ banshees? Talking about 155g or so. Nothing in the 160s. Opinions? Is it the true Longer teebird?

Last edited by Kodachrome; 05-07-2019 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 511 Times in 328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
Thinking of putting together an off-the-wall bag for funsies. 150 class champ banshees? Talking about 155g or so. Nothing in the 160s. Opinions? Is it the true Longer teebird?
I have a 148g Champ I picked up for thumbers. For some reason I could not get an effective thumber going with it, I feel like there's not enough mass there to get the wrist to snap at the top of the swing. It's got to be in my head because we're only talking a 15g difference between the 165g I used to thumber all the time.

Anyway, it molded up really nice, in stiff, pearly champ with a flat top. I honestly haven't even thrown it backhand at all.

Old 05-07-2019, 07:29 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,147 Times in 1,581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
I have some Champ Banshees in the 160s, the lowest weight being 165g. These are good discs and do what I want Banshees to do.

Then I got a 150g Champ Banshee. It flew long and really well, but sometimes didn't fade into a headwind as much as I wanted it to. So, I finally came across an F2 Champ Banshee at 157g., splitting that weight difference, and it's "just right"... not TOO brickish, not TOO straight and Teebird-ish... for me.

So yes, you'll probably get that Teebird-ish flight with a very lightweight Banshee. But longer than a Teebird? That I dunno....