Old 05-31-2019, 08:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 724 Times in 507 Posts

And so here we are again. I have been digging the P2s A LOT! Recently they began feeling not so comfy in the hand .... It was a struggle to get comfortable with them in the first place and then as I get better and my grip(s) change they're just not. They're still my putter for now but I am testing Aviars. They feel good, they're slimmer (not a bad thing with the recent attempts to change the putting stroke) so a Champion Aviar will be the thrower and 2 DX will be for putting. Still bagging the Zone for OS and approach putter needs. I am sure there are mixed feelimgs on the Aviar bit the hope is that they'll make me learn to be more true in my approach to DG in genereal. Also I don't want to bag more than 2 putter molds.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2019, 09:07 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,147 Times in 1,581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
And so here we are again. I have been digging the P2s A LOT! Recently they began feeling not so comfy in the hand .... It was a struggle to get comfortable with them in the first place and then as I get better and my grip(s) change they're just not. They're still my putter for now but I am testing Aviars. They feel good, they're slimmer (not a bad thing with the recent attempts to change the putting stroke) so a Champion Aviar will be the thrower and 2 DX will be for putting. Still bagging the Zone for OS and approach putter needs. I am sure there are mixed feelimgs on the Aviar bit the hope is that they'll make me learn to be more true in my approach to DG in genereal. Also I don't want to bag more than 2 putter molds.

If you like the P2 flight but want a slimmer or flatter grip, you might try the Aviar3. The Av3 has recently come out in new plastics, as well.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:18 PM

Niced 19 Times in 11 Posts

I never felt the need to buy a putter in champion-type-plastic. I can make that shot no prob with a champ-glow gator and it doubles as my FH upshot disc.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
If you like the P2 flight but want a slimmer or flatter grip, you might try the Aviar3. The Av3 has recently come out in new plastics, as well.
The regular PnA is plenty slim, I rather like the shape of a traditional putter.

Old 05-31-2019, 09:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolDad View Post
I never felt the need to buy a putter in champion-type-plastic. I can make that shot no prob with a champ-glow gator and it doubles as my FH upshot disc.
I bought it in champ just to have the stability extremes DX on the US side Champ on the OS side. Also, I have my approach disc, its a Zone and it doesn't fill the same role as my putters.

Old 06-01-2019, 05:41 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolDad View Post
My brother uses a Metal Flake Champion Gator for his driving putter slot just fine, he has a G Star Gator for approach shots as well as uphill/downhill and cliff putts when the DX Stud is not the disc to use as you want the disc to stick to the ground. My brother had a old mid 2000's DX flat top Gator for his putter for a long time that he supplemented with a fresh disc in late 2000's for approach shots from further then he wanted to actual putt from but the one Gator was old and on last legs, the other was not beat to make a good putter yet so he got the DX Stud being it is the closest mold Innova makes to a DX Gator but as a true putter height mold.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-01-2019, 10:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Today I tested the Aviar out in the yard.

Putting: much less stable at the end than a P2. Not super noticeable in circle 1 but in circle 2 and out it's evident. Much slimmer than the P2. Easy to grip, clean release.

Throwing: much less stable than P2 and is noticable for the entire flight. Super easy, natural feel. Turnovers for days, this disc goes where I tell it to unless I juice it too hard or mess my release up. I was impressed with how the Aviar just sits; even in champion plastic. One major thing I noticed today was how much farther I can get my Aviars with far less effort, I can fan grip it and still get the distance and line I want.

All in all it was a good day of testing. Will continue testing but this classic is fantastic.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-02-2019, 07:04 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,147 Times in 1,581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
Today I tested the Aviar out in the yard.

Putting: much less stable at the end than a P2. Not super noticeable in circle 1 but in circle 2 and out it's evident. Much slimmer than the P2. Easy to grip, clean release.

Throwing: much less stable than P2 and is noticable for the entire flight. Super easy, natural feel. Turnovers for days, this disc goes where I tell it to unless I juice it too hard or mess my release up. I was impressed with how the Aviar just sits; even in champion plastic. One major thing I noticed today was how much farther I can get my Aviars with far less effort, I can fan grip it and still get the distance and line I want.

All in all it was a good day of testing. Will continue testing but this classic is fantastic.

Just to clarify based on your earlier posts: this is an Aviar P&A you're testing? Or an Aviar Classic?
Old 06-02-2019, 08:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Just to clarify based on your earlier posts: this is an Aviar P&A you're testing? Or an Aviar Classic?
This was in reference to the PnA mold. I have been throwing an older classic as well but it's not mine and I don't want to thrash it. I am digging the classic as well and plan on testing that specific mold more.

Niced: (2)

Old 06-02-2019, 01:34 PM

Niced 19 Times in 11 Posts

I ordered 10 classic aviars from the F2 shop for my wife and girls. They were only like 5 a piece with free shipping.
I like to throw 'em around ever now and then. Great disc.
Nothing beats a P-line P2 though. I never have less than 4 bagged. Usually 5.