Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 06-05-2019, 01:35 AM
DrBaartman's Avatar
DrBaartman DrBaartman is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ruthton, MN
Posts: 342
Niced 142 Times in 80 Posts
Default

Booter are you planning to change your putter for putting, or throwing? Or both?
I really really like the Voodoo. Straight stable, glides for days. It’s a wizard with the bead worn down straight out of the box. Good stuff. I’d be bagging one if I didnt have a million seasoned wizards already.. Warlocks are great too but they are a little more overstable..
^^he mentioned a PW Voodoo.. now that sounds tasty. Didnt know they ran those.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-05-2019, 01:41 AM
DrBaartman's Avatar
DrBaartman DrBaartman is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ruthton, MN
Posts: 342
Niced 142 Times in 80 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jro_your_boat View Post
Gateway tooling though, it's not a big deal but kinda throws me off.
You talking smack about the gateway boys bruh

Haha jk, kinda curious what throws you off about their tooling?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-05-2019, 09:15 AM
booter's Avatar
booter booter is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: the plastic bins in TEXAS
Years Playing: 22.4
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,281
Niced 219 Times in 136 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBaartman View Post
Booter are you planning to change your putter for putting, or throwing? Or both?
I really really like the Voodoo. Straight stable, glides for days. It’s a wizard with the bead worn down straight out of the box. Good stuff. I’d be bagging one if I didnt have a million seasoned wizards already.. Warlocks are great too but they are a little more overstable..
^^he mentioned a PW Voodoo.. now that sounds tasty. Didnt know they ran those.
putting only is what im looking for, i may have to get a voodoo but i hate the inconsistencies with gateway so its going to have to be in person only i suppose. i throw the reko and profit, in premium, for my drives.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-05-2019, 09:18 AM
DrBaartman's Avatar
DrBaartman DrBaartman is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ruthton, MN
Posts: 342
Niced 142 Times in 80 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
putting only is what im looking for, i may have to get a voodoo but i hate the inconsistencies with gateway so its going to have to be in person only i suppose. i throw the reko and profit, in premium, for my drives.
You don’t have to worry about their consistency with PW plastic. They’re all the same. Stiff and chalky.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-05-2019, 09:33 AM
jro_your_boat's Avatar
jro_your_boat jro_your_boat is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: NC
Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 11
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBaartman View Post
You talking smack about the gateway boys bruh

Haha jk, kinda curious what throws you off about their tooling?
Lol, it's just that slight feeling of the raised tooling that I get depending on where I grip. It's barely enough to notice, and probably just in my head more than anything at this point - I'll keep trying
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-05-2019, 09:43 AM
booter's Avatar
booter booter is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: the plastic bins in TEXAS
Years Playing: 22.4
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,281
Niced 219 Times in 136 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBaartman View Post
You don’t have to worry about their consistency with PW plastic. They’re all the same. Stiff and chalky.
you lost me at stiff i prefer some pliability for putting, something i guess similar to sss? idk wth anything feels like these days lol
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-05-2019, 01:16 PM
DrBaartman's Avatar
DrBaartman DrBaartman is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ruthton, MN
Posts: 342
Niced 142 Times in 80 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
you lost me at stiff i prefer some pliability for putting, something i guess similar to sss? idk wth anything feels like these days lol
To be honest man I think Gateway has been getting better with consistency. Call or message the shop and they’ll grab and ship whatever type voodoo’s you want. Just a thought..
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-05-2019, 01:19 PM
DrBaartman's Avatar
DrBaartman DrBaartman is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ruthton, MN
Posts: 342
Niced 142 Times in 80 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jro_your_boat View Post
Lol, it's just that slight feeling of the raised tooling that I get depending on where I grip. It's barely enough to notice, and probably just in my head more than anything at this point - I'll keep trying
Do you have an old school Gateway frisbee? Their tooling nowadays is all in a circle in the center, nothing toward the edges. I bag a 2003ish Wizard that has tooling right by the inner rim, though.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-05-2019, 03:04 PM
jro_your_boat's Avatar
jro_your_boat jro_your_boat is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: NC
Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 11
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBaartman View Post
Do you have an old school Gateway frisbee? Their tooling nowadays is all in a circle in the center, nothing toward the edges. I bag a 2003ish Wizard that has tooling right by the inner rim, though.
Nope these two Voodoos are fairly new, it must just be my grip reaching out a bit further? Went out and practiced with them again a bit today, I like the flight and feel of the PW, but Reko is still winning the battle!
Reply With Quote
 

  #30  
Old 06-05-2019, 03:15 PM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,480
Niced 1,024 Times in 593 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
you lost me at stiff i prefer some pliability for putting, something i guess similar to sss? idk wth anything feels like these days lol
Eraser is consistent, firm but not to point of not being grippy; it has some compresabiliity ...kind of like it's namesake.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K3 Reko ponder The Marketplace 0 12-13-2018 04:47 PM
Reko Set jmdaire27 The Marketplace 3 04-04-2018 09:51 AM
black k3 reko booter The Marketplace 1 02-02-2018 05:12 PM
Noob thinking of switching to forehand... Staccat0 Technique & Strategy 18 04-25-2012 06:42 PM
thinking about switching discs indianawolf Discs 22 02-17-2011 02:01 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.