Old 06-12-2019, 11:12 AM
Par Member

Niced 38 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Absolutely. I bagged an EMac Truth for a bit. I LOVED that disc at first throw. However, over time I found it to be horribly unreliable and flippy. I couldn't throw it accurately to save my life. I was sick of having to guess with hyzer angle to keep the Truth flat. I replaced that slot in my bag with a Champion Roc3 and never looked back. The EMac was also useless in even a whisper of a headwind.

The EMac Truth was really long for a mid too. I'd throw that thing and it would end up well past where I wanted it. Its faster than most other mids.

Even the Buzzz is a better option for me than the Truth.
You're not the first person to say this, which has me scratching my head because I've always found my EMac's to be super consistent, but plenty of people have mentioned this issue....maybe it's a inconsistency between the production runs?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2019, 11:19 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 193 Times in 124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerswimmer89 View Post
You're not the first person to say this, which has me scratching my head because I've always found my EMac's to be super consistent, but plenty of people have mentioned this issue....maybe it's a inconsistency between the production runs?
They have the same issue with Compass. The decodye or some older versions are the most turn resistant straight mid ranges I have thrown while opto with some dome are just meh...
Old 06-12-2019, 11:50 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 12
Niced 50 Times in 30 Posts

I have a different experience with Emac Truth's and DD mids in general.

I started with a lucid truth that beat into a reliable mid that would hold any angle I put it on. Unfortunately, it was not the most visible color (purple) and I don't like loosing discs. So I picked up an Emac truth that quickly became my stable mid and a fuzion truth that would beat in to my more versatile all around mid. Added a lucid verdict and lucid warrant to bookend the stability range. What I wound up with was 4 discs that I can cover almost any mid shot while all 4 feel exactly identical in the hand.

Only other mid I bag (but only on occasion) is a Prime Verdict for a few ticks more stability to the Lucid Verdict.

I also bag a warship, but it is only a mid in looks and profile. That disc makes my fairway drivers cower in the corner. Wish I had a warship when I started out as a 1 disc player.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-12-2019, 02:35 PM
Par Member

Niced 38 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atison View Post
I have a different experience with Emac Truth's and DD mids in general.

I started with a lucid truth that beat into a reliable mid that would hold any angle I put it on. Unfortunately, it was not the most visible color (purple) and I don't like loosing discs. So I picked up an Emac truth that quickly became my stable mid and a fuzion truth that would beat in to my more versatile all around mid. Added a lucid verdict and lucid warrant to bookend the stability range. What I wound up with was 4 discs that I can cover almost any mid shot while all 4 feel exactly identical in the hand.

Only other mid I bag (but only on occasion) is a Prime Verdict for a few ticks more stability to the Lucid Verdict.

I also bag a warship, but it is only a mid in looks and profile. That disc makes my fairway drivers cower in the corner. Wish I had a warship when I started out as a 1 disc player.
I have almost the same setup for mids, but I have a Warrant for US, a very seasoned EMac for Control Shots, a newer Colorglow Moonshine EMac for full power throws, and a Verdict for an OS mid, because yeah, they do feel nearly identical in the hand!
Old 06-12-2019, 02:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 676 Times in 534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerswimmer89 View Post
IDK. I've thrown 2 Lucid Emac Truths, and both of them were fairly flippy. I like the way the disc flies, but it you get over on it even a tiny bit, the thing goes right without coming back.

I had to hyzerflip them to get them to stay flat. Not a horrible mid, but not the most consistent either.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 27
Niced 415 Times in 252 Posts

I love Emacs. If I throw with OAT then yeah they can flip, but thrown even remotely clean I can get them out to 300' on a straight-to-fade line. I'm sure 300' is putter distance for many people, but in my book that's plenty far for a mid. And they power down well for 240'-260' too, if I'd rather throw a smooth mid at that range than a power putter shot.

Paired with an Evidence for flip-to-flat straight shots, and I've got 90% of my mid shots covered in two discs. I do bag a Verdict for when I want more fade than an Emac and a Tursas for when I want a shot to finish right, but those discs get throw once per round at the most. Emacs and Evidence are worhorses for me.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:06 PM
Par Member

Niced 43 Times in 21 Posts

My gut feeling:

Freedom (who throws these?)
Renegade (very flippy vs. their flight numbers)
Breakout (the Maverick fills this slot)
Gavel (low sales)
Proof (low sales)
Witness (Maverick and Vandal surround this mold)
Warrant (Patrol covers this now)
Thief (Maverick covers this too)
Criminal (low sales, even tho DK and AJ toss these)
Convict (erratic disc, have had all sorts of flight paths with these; Getaways are excellent)
Marshal (EO's departure to the Guard sounded a warning bell with me; the other putters are likely selling well, especially the Judge, Warden, and Deputy - the Slammer or a Hybrid Warden or a Fuzion Judge can fill this mold)
Evidence (I can see DD going to a Verdict - EMac Truth - Truth - Patrol lineup and the Evidence just doesn't fit this matrix now; possibly low sales too)
Old 06-12-2019, 04:54 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,156 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne.hoffman View Post
Marshal (EO's departure to the Guard sounded a warning bell with me; the other putters are likely selling well, especially the Judge, Warden, and Deputy - the Slammer or a Hybrid Warden or a Fuzion Judge can fill this mold)
I agree with everything you posted, except the highlighted part above. I don't disagree that the Marshal may be made OOP, but I used to putt with the Judge and then the Warden, and switched to the Marshal as soon as it came out in Classic. The Judge and Warden DO NOT fill the Marshal's slot, at least not for me in any way. I will not go back to the Judge nor Warden. Fortunately I have a good stack of Marshals so I should be set for my DG career, but should a change be necessitated, it probably won't be to another DD (nor Trilogy) putter.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,590 Times in 1,647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
IDK. I've thrown 2 Lucid Emac Truths, and both of them were fairly flippy. I like the way the disc flies, but it you get over on it even a tiny bit, the thing goes right without coming back.

I had to hyzerflip them to get them to stay flat. Not a horrible mid, but not the most consistent either.
They can vary. I've thrown some that have a -0.25 type turn and handle power very firmly like a fresh stable Buzzz. Thrown one or two that had a hard 0 turn like a fresh Teebird. Also thrown some that turned more than -1 and I could definitely flip them if thrown flat and I wrongly expected some stability. They definitely range, but "good stable ones" are definitely stable.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 30
Niced 674 Times in 333 Posts

OOP Discs per DD:

Proof
Gavel
Evidence
Patrol
Thief