#321  
Old 06-14-2019, 11:31 PM
broomerang broomerang is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: OH
Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,098
Niced 705 Times in 289 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtydirtybirds View Post
I went from p2 to aviar as well, then to classics. Classics are even straighter. Really is a laser straight disc out to about 40’.
If they would just make the classic in KC I would be a very happy person. Until then I’m sticking with the P2 for awhile longer. I’ve gotten used to putting hard.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 06-15-2019, 12:01 AM
Grippenripp Grippenripp is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Morrow OH.
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 2,324
Niced 724 Times in 507 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomerang View Post
If they would just make the classic in KC I would be a very happy person. Until then I’m sticking with the P2 for awhile longer. I’ve gotten used to putting hard.
You're good with them though and as much as I like them I don't feel like they compliment my game as well as Aviars. Also the the grip issue with throwing for me. Also, weren't Mcpros and now the "tour series" galactics KC pro?

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

Last edited by Grippenripp; 06-15-2019 at 12:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 06-15-2019, 02:00 AM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,402
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
You're good with them though and as much as I like them I don't feel like they compliment my game as well as Aviars. Also the the grip issue with throwing for me. Also, weren't Mcpros and now the "tour series" galactics KC pro?
I think the McPro was a slightly slicker version of KC Pro that was the stiffest Plastic within the PDGA rules allowed so a tad bit stiffer then KC, now KC is slightly softer then when it was the old 12 time/12x plastic. They still sell Tour Series and the disc mold is more the Aviar P&A in a slightly modified KC pro, not the Big Bead KC that Innova makes as well. Also they made for a short bit a KC Pro P&A Tour Series but it was not popular due to the fact that players wanted the McPro plastic so after the run Innova made was gone Innova company went back to making the Tour Series discs.

I have only felt one of the McPro Discs in a store in 2016, a blue black model.
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 06-15-2019, 04:50 PM
ranger ranger is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,540
Niced 353 Times in 222 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomerang View Post
If they would just make the classic in KC I would be a very happy person. Until then I’m sticking with the P2 for awhile longer. I’ve gotten used to putting hard.
I always thought classics were some weird blend of KC
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 06-15-2019, 05:10 PM
Grippenripp Grippenripp is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Morrow OH.
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 2,324
Niced 724 Times in 507 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
I always thought classics were some weird blend of KC
The older "good" DX was a bit stiffer from what I've seen.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 06-15-2019, 06:50 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,402
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
The older "good" DX was a bit stiffer from what I've seen.
I liked the Older DX though one can find DX similar to that, I did in 2011 or 2014 that was stiffer for a DX plastic for a Stingray so it is possible to find just will have a slight wax on the outside this is for all except the DX Dragon that now feels like R-DX. In the 2000's the Classic Grid Aviar was more like a plastic stiff as McPro/Tour Series Aviar plastic but not as slick or as McPro. I have never liked the older Classic Grid Aviar plastic from 2000's as that was the worst plastic made too stiff for me to use with how slick the plastic was when new, would only get slicker/worn smooth over time.
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 06-25-2019, 12:00 PM
ArtemisClydFr0g ArtemisClydFr0g is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Courses Played: 16
Posts: 112
Niced 34 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Has anyone thrown or putted with the new glow p-line P2s? How are they?

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 07-31-2019, 11:28 PM
Grippenripp Grippenripp is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Morrow OH.
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 2,324
Niced 724 Times in 507 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtemisClydFr0g View Post
Has anyone thrown or putted with the new glow p-line P2s? How are they?
They feel good, stable. Its what you'd expect.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old 08-01-2019, 08:42 AM
broomerang broomerang is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: OH
Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,098
Niced 705 Times in 289 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtemisClydFr0g View Post
Has anyone thrown or putted with the new glow p-line P2s? How are they?
they float out of your hand a little more. Just like the color glow batch done for the imperial eagle 2.

I'm trying to work the new off 2 of them right now (stock run glow p-line) to see if the weird release issues I'm having goes away. They don't come out of my hand as clean as a normal stiff p-line but I like the extra float. I had the exact same problem with the imperial eagles.

I even picked up an ET Omega to test, it didn't last 10 putts before the old trusty worked in p-line was being reached for.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #330  
Old 08-01-2019, 08:53 AM
Grippenripp Grippenripp is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Morrow OH.
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 2,324
Niced 724 Times in 507 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomerang View Post
they float out of your hand a little more. Just like the color glow batch done for the imperial eagle 2.



I'm trying to work the new off 2 of them right now (stock run glow p-line) to see if the weird release issues I'm having goes away. They don't come out of my hand as clean as a normal stiff p-line but I like the extra float. I had the exact same problem with the imperial eagles.



I even picked up an ET Omega to test, it didn't last 10 putts before the old trusty worked in p-line was being reached for.
But those flippy putter lines are money though.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.