Old 06-05-2019, 11:29 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 282 Times in 177 Posts

Local Play it Again has a decent disc selection. Stopped in the other day and they actually have some Fz Raiders. They don’t feel bad in the hand for being a 13 speed. They had some 168s and 173s in stock. Debated a hard minute about picking one up...

... now I might go back and pick one up to try out. They were $20 a pop, though... kinda steep.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2019, 02:28 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 306 Times in 174 Posts

Measured a Raider’s rim width with calipers a month or so back. I can’t remember for sure now what it was because I also checked a few others, but I know it was under .90”, because that’s what a Defender measures and I really just wanted to see how it compared to the Defender. Thinking it was .875”ish- same as a Kong.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 674 Times in 532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmiller View Post
Measured a Raider’s rim width with calipers a month or so back. I can’t remember for sure now what it was because I also checked a few others, but I know it was under .90”, because that’s what a Defender measures and I really just wanted to see how it compared to the Defender. Thinking it was .875”ish- same as a Kong.
The Raider's rim is not super wide. Noticeably narrower than a Boss or Nuke. That said, I still feel like the Raider flies more like 13 speed than 12.
Old 06-06-2019, 09:46 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 31 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
I still feel like the Raider flies more like 13 speed than 12.
Agreed. I switched from D2s to Raiders and the rim is noticeably more comfortable for me to grip (I don't have the biggest hands), but it still flies as fast as my D2s.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:27 PM
Par Member

Niced 38 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseetailor View Post
Anyone care to comment on their experience with lighter weight (168-170) fuzion raiders? I'm hoping they show some turn like the lighter weight D2s I've been throwing.
I throw 168 fuzion Raiders, and they're pretty straight, only a minimal amount of turn, and I mean very minimal, with a predictable fade. I max out around 400, or just shy of that on a good rip with this disc. I'm hoping once I knock some of the ugly off of it, it'll fly with a bit more flex and distance, but we'll see!
Old 07-03-2019, 02:09 PM
Eagle Member

Any experiences with the new Lucid Raiders?

My experience with other molds, I’ve found Fuzion and lucid pretty comparable. I’ve had some Fuzion Trespasses hold their stability better with wear compared to some lucids. Not always the case, I know.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:26 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaire27 View Post
Any experiences with the new Lucid Raiders?
I was only able to give my Lucid Raiders a couple tosses so maybe take this with a grain of salt. I bag SE Raiders and Hybrid Raiders and these are far more similar to Hybrid than SE, which was to be expected. My Hybrid Raiders when thrown flat will go very straight and get a healthy amount of fade after they lose speed. The Lucids I have go just a bit further on that straight line before they fade; the Lucid did not show any turn when thrown flat.

The bigger difference for me was forcing the Lucid and Hybrid over on flex lines. The Hybrid Raiders really fight out of the flex and fade out. The Lucids rode that forced anhy much longer, giving me much more distance on flex lines.

For reference, I'm throwing near max weight in all plastic. Distance when thrown flat: SE between 430-460', Hybrid 400-415', Lucid I imagine will be somewhere in between.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:50 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
I was only able to give my Lucid Raiders a couple tosses so maybe take this with a grain of salt. I bag SE Raiders and Hybrid Raiders and these are far more similar to Hybrid than SE, which was to be expected. My Hybrid Raiders when thrown flat will go very straight and get a healthy amount of fade after they lose speed. The Lucids I have go just a bit further on that straight line before they fade; the Lucid did not show any turn when thrown flat.

The bigger difference for me was forcing the Lucid and Hybrid over on flex lines. The Hybrid Raiders really fight out of the flex and fade out. The Lucids rode that forced anhy much longer, giving me much more distance on flex lines.

For reference, I'm throwing near max weight in all plastic. Distance when thrown flat: SE between 430-460', Hybrid 400-415', Lucid I imagine will be somewhere in between.
IIRC, the SE ones have more of the S flight, right? Even more than the first Fuzion ones?
Old 07-03-2019, 08:12 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaire27 View Post
IIRC, the SE ones have more of the S flight, right? Even more than the first Fuzion ones?
Yes, out of the box they show a little bit of turn (depending on your arm speed) when thrown flat or you can get a little flip up when thrown with hyzer. In my experience thus far SE Raiders lose HSS before losing much LSS, which makes for a really great bomber disc. I never really liked the feel of Fuzion Raiders. Not really sure why, but I have a stack of them that probably won't ever get thrown. I love my SE, Hybrid, and Lucid Raiders.

Old 07-03-2019, 08:22 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Yes, out of the box they show a little bit of turn (depending on your arm speed) when thrown flat or you can get a little flip up when thrown with hyzer. In my experience thus far SE Raiders lose HSS before losing much LSS, which makes for a really great bomber disc. I never really liked the feel of Fuzion Raiders. Not really sure why, but I have a stack of them that probably won't ever get thrown. I love my SE, Hybrid, and Lucid Raiders.
I’ve only fondled a couple Fuzions. They were definitely domey. The others flatter? Cheers!