Old 06-06-2019, 12:59 PM
**SuIciDe AnKles**

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 528
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 743 Times in 319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjgray2 View Post
I'll be heading up to the Mecca and the surrounding area next week. Anyone know the mosquito report?
They're already getting thick down south...so I imagine it's pretty gnarly up there as well.

Always bring the strong Deet to HBH.
Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2019, 12:06 PM
Independent Operator*

Years Playing: 23.1
Courses Played: 518
Niced 685 Times in 242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
They're already getting thick down south...so I imagine it's pretty gnarly up there as well.

Always bring the strong Deet to WISCONSIN.
Fixed that for you...

Niced: (2)
Old 06-07-2019, 12:37 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 20.5
Courses Played: 70
Niced 21 Times in 4 Posts

Making progress on bringing camping back:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Niced: (2)
Old 06-20-2019, 08:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 49.8
Courses Played: 52
Niced 544 Times in 225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
I have the original tee sign files that were color laser printed on outdoor Tyvek type material. Attached is a low-res view of Blueberry 2. I can provide those PowerPoint graphic files to someone working there willing to update and print them when the timing is right.
That would probably be me I guess, I've been mostly working on cleanup but I want to start mapping the courses on Udisc starting next week. Course navigation is a big problem at the moment and any signs would help us tremendously, especially with so many mismatched and misnumbered baskets and missing tee signs. I also need course maps that I can print so I can navigate through the courses for maintenance. I've been lost several times because I had no idea what course I was on when mowing wooded fairways.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:56 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 30.6
Courses Played: 692
Niced 1,536 Times in 695 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by da Crippler View Post
That would probably be me I guess, I've been mostly working on cleanup but I want to start mapping the courses on Udisc starting next week. Course navigation is a big problem at the moment and any signs would help us tremendously, especially with so many mismatched and misnumbered baskets and missing tee signs. I also need course maps that I can print so I can navigate through the courses for maintenance. I've been lost several times because I had no idea what course I was on when mowing wooded fairways.
I just sent MM the scorecards and course map files. PM your email and I'll see about sending the hole map files.
Old 06-21-2019, 06:33 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
I just sent MM the scorecards and course map files. PM your email and I'll see about sending the hole map files.
Thank you very much sir, that will make a huge difference for me being the rookie and navigating the megaplex efficiently, and for players unfamiliar with the layout of the various courses. The progress Tom and Brandon have made is just staggering, I hope you get a chance to visit and see for youself how completely dedicated they are to Highbridge Hills.

Old 06-28-2019, 07:45 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyCritters View Post
JJ's big claim to fame is to never have played disc golf in his life. I doubt I'd want to play anything he 'designed'...

Also, JJ can stay the F*** out of Washburn.
Johnnie was sporting two black eyes the other day. Did you guys have it out at his new Highbridge Hills course in Washburn?
Old 06-29-2019, 09:17 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 26
Niced 672 Times in 321 Posts

An unfortunate development... From MountainMan's Facebook.

"The future of disc golf at Highbridge Hills took a punch to the gut today. It is with deep regret that I have to announce that the Ashland County Sheriffs Department notified me that one of our private lot owners does not want any disc golf operations or disc golfers on any of his property anymore. Any violation will be considered trespassing, and handled accordingly.

Because this person controls 5 of the 24 lots in our sub-division, this action affects Gold holes 12 & 13, and Blueberry Hill holes 3, 6, 7, & 8. Faced with the choices of either closing Gold and Blueberry Hill, or redesigning the courses/holes in question, we've decided to try and go with a redesign.

Gold and Blueberry will be playable but under construction during the week, and our goal is to have the new layouts completed and open by the 4th or 5th of July. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience that this may cause.

If any of our season pass holders would like a refund due to this new development, please contact me. Thanks. Tom."

Hopefully the redesign goes well. Stinks that one of the private land owners wants no disc golf operations on his property. I have no idea what would have led to this individual making that decision.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-29-2019, 10:01 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.8
Courses Played: 167
Niced 215 Times in 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC_Eddy View Post
An unfortunate development... From MountainMan's Facebook.

"The future of disc golf at Highbridge Hills took a punch to the gut today. It is with deep regret that I have to announce that the Ashland County Sheriffs Department notified me that one of our private lot owners does not want any disc golf operations or disc golfers on any of his property anymore. Any violation will be considered trespassing, and handled accordingly.

Because this person controls 5 of the 24 lots in our sub-division, this action affects Gold holes 12 & 13, and Blueberry Hill holes 3, 6, 7, & 8. Faced with the choices of either closing Gold and Blueberry Hill, or redesigning the courses/holes in question, we've decided to try and go with a redesign.

Gold and Blueberry will be playable but under construction during the week, and our goal is to have the new layouts completed and open by the 4th or 5th of July. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience that this may cause.

If any of our season pass holders would like a refund due to this new development, please contact me. Thanks. Tom."

Hopefully the redesign goes well. Stinks that one of the private land owners wants no disc golf operations on his property. I have no idea what would have led to this individual making that decision.
When I read Sheriffs dept I thought MM was in jail from the aforementioned post... sigh. When life gives you lemons make lemonade... good luck on the redesign.

Old 06-30-2019, 07:43 AM
Eagle Member

Thumbs up

We’ve been talking about having to do a redesign eventually in the event that a landowner goes rogue so it’s not really a surprise. It will throw the mowing schedule off for a few days and there are so many things that could be accomplished instead, but the redesign will be done in a thoughtful and professional manner. This is NOT a game changer, just another bump in the road.

Niced: (3)