#11  
Old 07-13-2019, 10:21 AM
Cgkdisc's Avatar
Cgkdisc Cgkdisc is offline
.:Hall of Fame Member:.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Years Playing: 30.6
Courses Played: 692
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 12,184
Niced 1,532 Times in 695 Posts
Default

The "Deuce" would seem higher on probabilities considering it's a disc suitable for an Ace Race.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-13-2019, 04:55 PM
bigmatt17073 bigmatt17073 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Years Playing: 21.4
Courses Played: 90
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 104
Niced 101 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
The MRV came in Elite X plastic....premium at that time.
The Phantom and Sky Streak came in premium at that time plastic as well.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-13-2019, 10:51 PM
Consult20's Avatar
Consult20 Consult20 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,433
Niced 320 Times in 207 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
The "Deuce" would seem higher on probabilities considering it's a disc suitable for an Ace Race.
Imagine the abuse you'd get if you dropped that disc on the course.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-14-2019, 12:28 AM
DanJon DanJon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,051
Niced 1,150 Times in 538 Posts
Default

I bought an old Phantom+ from Ginnelly at Spinners when I was living in Phoenix.

It was basically new.

Went to a baseball field to throw it so it could land in grass.

When it landed, it exploded into like 10-15 pieces.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-14-2019, 08:15 AM
CrowLegs's Avatar
CrowLegs CrowLegs is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Columbus, OH-IO
Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 110
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 648
Niced 123 Times in 77 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
The MRV came in Elite X plastic....premium at that time.


I have one in Elite Z.

What about the Hawk? Was it ever in premium? Flight looks similar to Buzzz SS... the kind of thing that would be good for an Ace Race maybe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-14-2019, 08:21 AM
RUSSELL's Avatar
RUSSELL RUSSELL is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: cincinnati
Years Playing: 39.4
Courses Played: 84
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,012
Niced 70 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
I bought an old Phantom+ from Ginnelly at Spinners when I was living in Phoenix.

It was basically new.

Went to a baseball field to throw it so it could land in grass.

When it landed, it exploded into like 10-15 pieces.
same thing happened to me couple of years ago, although it lasted 11 holes...
the thing is, when they were new, they were indestructible, and that's why I chose the Phantom over the Innova XD at the time

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-14-2019, 08:34 AM
swhite swhite is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: central Mass
Posts: 942
Niced 820 Times in 392 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowLegs View Post

What about the Hawk? Was it ever in premium? Flight looks similar to Buzzz SS...




Yes. Nate Doss has done In the Bag Videos showing his Z Hawk.


Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-14-2019, 05:43 PM
bigmatt17073 bigmatt17073 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Years Playing: 21.4
Courses Played: 90
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 104
Niced 101 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
The MRV came in Elite X plastic....premium at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowLegs View Post
I have one in Elite Z.

What about the Hawk? Was it ever in premium? Flight looks similar to Buzzz SS... the kind of thing that would be good for an Ace Race maybe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just now noticed it was the MRV mentioned. I purposely left it out because it was made in Z plastic as I also have a few of them. The MRX to my knowledge was never made in anything other than the Elite Pro plastic from back in the day and that is why I included it on the list.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-14-2019, 09:31 PM
ru4por's Avatar
ru4por ru4por is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dearborn Michigan
Years Playing: 36.4
Courses Played: 242
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,911
Niced 1,620 Times in 708 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmatt17073 View Post
I just now noticed it was the MRV mentioned. I purposely left it out because it was made in Z plastic as I also have a few of them. The MRX to my knowledge was never made in anything other than the Elite Pro plastic from back in the day and that is why I included it on the list.
Lol....you are right not bigmatt. You wrote MRX and I read MRV. Thought that Elite Pro was a nice plastic, back in the day. I remember having a XL, APX and a MRX in the plastic. I still have the APX.
Reply With Quote
 

  #20  
Old 07-19-2019, 03:05 PM
Three Putt's Avatar
Three Putt Three Putt is offline
*Super Moderator*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rolla, MO.
Years Playing: 24.8
Courses Played: 135
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 9,109
Niced 2,252 Times in 854 Posts
Default

I guess it's the Eclipse, Hawk and Wildcat.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011 Worlds Bolt/Ace Race 2013/Ace Race Zombee/Lucid Air Renegade/VIP Sword throwfromthewoods The Marketplace 24 12-12-2013 08:23 AM
Detroit Area Only: Ace Race 5 Minute Challenge for Free Entry to Ace Race Oct. 19th Earic02 General Disc Golf Chat 0 05-09-2013 09:42 PM
I am the first person to ace with the Ace Race disc this year. yankees23 Discs 24 08-03-2012 12:56 PM
LTC Cleveland 4th annual Ace Race/2nd Ace Revenge jhgonzo Tournaments & Leagues 7 09-12-2011 09:48 PM
Does an ace race ace count as a real ace? cjskier General Disc Golf Chat 72 07-05-2011 04:56 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.