Old 07-12-2019, 08:15 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 132 Times in 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
Odds are most of us that read this thread havent had enough coffee yet to get angry
You get angry when you don’t get your coffee! It’s civil because everyone is all juiced up and feeling good.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2019, 10:04 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 0.5
Courses Played: 7
Niced 38 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmc View Post
You get angry when you don’t get your coffee! It’s civil because everyone is all juiced up and feeling good.
I first tried the inverted Aeropress method a couple of weeks ago... figured out how to measure with the numbers upside down, poured in the grounds, got the water in.. and spilled all over the place. Figured out from folks here how to do it correctly, so I thought I was golden.

So a couple of days later I step into the kitchen on autopilot. Grounds, water, stir, lid, cup... and then realized after it sloshed into my cup that I hadn't actually put a filter in the lid, so the whole soup poured right into my cup. Ugh. Talk about angry!

Too bad we can't wait until after we've had coffee and had time to wake up a bit before we have to make coffee.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-15-2019, 01:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Niced 807 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutrbug View Post
...Too bad we can't wait until after we've had coffee and had time to wake up a bit before we have to make coffee.
Truth! hahahaha
Old 07-16-2019, 08:52 AM
Eagle Member

There are coffee makers out there that have a timer on them. You can Ready it the day prior and it will brew your coffee in the morning. Now, it won’t be nearly as complicated as whatever hipster gadget you might be struggling with, but it will produce hot coffee.

Niced: (4)
Old 07-16-2019, 11:36 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 171
Niced 699 Times in 324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutrbug View Post
I first tried the inverted Aeropress method a couple of weeks ago... figured out how to measure with the numbers upside down, poured in the grounds, got the water in.. and spilled all over the place. Figured out from folks here how to do it correctly, so I thought I was golden.

So a couple of days later I step into the kitchen on autopilot. Grounds, water, stir, lid, cup... and then realized after it sloshed into my cup that I hadn't actually put a filter in the lid, so the whole soup poured right into my cup. Ugh. Talk about angry!

Too bad we can't wait until after we've had coffee and had time to wake up a bit before we have to make coffee.
The AeroPress has been my primary coffee maker for a few years now and I still do this from time to time, it happens
Old 07-16-2019, 12:00 PM
Eagle Member

I drink almost a pot a day, and I just wouldn't have time for this!

I like the slightly off kilter Oneill hat, but he really needs an actual flannel.

Niced: (2)
Old 07-20-2019, 02:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Niced 807 Times in 369 Posts

I’m super excited that some light roast prototypes are in the works!!! This is what I’ve been wanting since we started BirdieFuel; a crisp, citrusy, clean, high caffeine light roast. Jcassidy1990 and I will be tasting the protos in a few days Next week I’ll let y’all know how they brew!

I hate the wait
Old 07-23-2019, 02:09 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmc View Post
There are coffee makers out there that have a timer on them. You can Ready it the day prior and it will brew your coffee in the morning. Now, it won’t be nearly as complicated as whatever hipster gadget you might be struggling with, but it will produce hot coffee.
My first time being associated with anything considered 'hipster'! That makes me feel young... ha, ha.

I do miss waking up to the smell of coffee. Or, at least to the ability to have coffee the instant I'm awake enough to want it. Sometimes the Aeropress can seem like a chore when I'm really still sleeping on my feet. So in truth, I do use the Keurig for the first cup. I'm not so snobby that I look down on the easier methods.

We use some type of coffee pouch contraption at work. I'll drink that in a pinch, but I'd rather bring my own K-cup of better stuff. It really stinks that I can taste the difference now between the good stuff and the rest. I've even begun to appreciate my medium roast beans thanks to what I've learned on this forum. Looking forward to trying the new lighter roast flavors too.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:27 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.1
Courses Played: 37
Niced 226 Times in 135 Posts

So I almost completed the trifecta, I took my ring of (camp)fire whole bean with me camping, even used a camp mug. Unfortunately just a plain blue one, not a birdie fuel one. Anyway, I had another revelation with the aeropress..I was getting everything set up and got distracted so I let the water cool off a bit, not wanting to waste fuel to get the camp stove going again I just used the water as is. That made the flavor pop better than anything I've tried at home.

The light roast protos have my interest, can't wait to hear how they turn out.

Old 07-24-2019, 10:43 AM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreemCheese View Post
... Anyway, I had another revelation with the aeropress..I was getting everything set up and got distracted so I let the water cool off a bit, not wanting to waste fuel to get the camp stove going again I just used the water as is. That made the flavor pop better than anything I've tried at home.
I read all of the instructions in my Aeropress - they say to let the water cool down a lot. I like it as hot as I can stand it when drinking out of a mug. It cools off so fast when it's in a mug, I just about reach the bottom when it's too cool to drink.

If it's a mug with a lid, then I can let it be cooler when it goes in the mug. I haven't done this on purpose though... but if it affects the flavor, I may try it. Especially in the Birdie Fuel mug - as I said earlier, I *really* like the way the coffee flows out of it. No pressure build up and then a sudden splurge of coffee on your shirt.