Old 08-01-2019, 02:33 AM

Niced 25 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
Hopefully, in 6mos or so I get back on here and post about how great the 350 plastic is performing and I've found a new friend. That will be right after I've secured a life-time supply of them . . .. fool me once, etc.
Thanks for the review of the MX3. Always great too hear how it compares to the classics. Got one on the way too see how it holds up against my 350g M2s.

Another note, Prodigy hasn't done a second run of the 350g M2s (that I'm aware of). They seem to do runs only to the popularity of the disc and plastic. My advice would be to stock up on them now if you really like them.

Side rant: This is my knock on Prodigy, thay they make great plastic, but it's only available every now and again. I went crazy and bought like 15 PA3s in 300 spectrum plastic when those dropped because I don't know if I'll ever see that plastic again.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-06-2019, 09:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 130
Niced 104 Times in 42 Posts
Default Update

Quote:
Got these in yesterday and got out to throw them today.

If you don't want to read back I bought the 350 plastic version of these hoping they can match discraft's x-plastic as far as "beat-in-ability". An x-wasp is a special disc that starts over-stable and then beats into a sweet straight disc and keeps this perfectness for a long time allowing the next x-wasp to begin the journey to perfection but I digress . . . sigh.

I took out 2 brand new kc rocs and 2 m-x-3's and threw them all a good 12-13 times on the course in various situations each just for comparisons sake.

I conclude that there's no way to tell the difference in feel or flight. I realize that Prodigy wonks may post how much better the m-x-3 is while the innova wonks may post the same about the kc rocs but I couldn't tell them apart. Well-done Prodigy. Discraft's wasp is the only other roc knock-off that I feel mimics the roc exactly. (go ahead and post the millimeter differences from the pdga approval spec's . . . . I don't care, I can't tell any of the three discs apart.)

Back to the M-X-3's . . . . an added bonus is I got all white ones and Prodigy's white is just like Gateway's pure white -- really really white and this is a plus. Really jumps out at you when you're looking for it in the grass/bushes. I don't do snow so this a good color for me. The stamp's cool while typical Prodigy blandness, it does work, especially the black. The rainbow ones are meh -- just not as "contrasty" and I realize that's just a personal preference.

Again -- this is Prodigy's KC roc -- Biscoe above posted that the 350 plastic is 10x type plastic and that's what they feel/fly like. Not that there's anything wrong with that -- I've thrown KC rocs through the years with great success just not as much success/fun as the x-wasps. There are x-comets and x-buzzz's aplenty . . . why no x-wasps . . . . ?

Hopefully, in 6mos or so I get back on here and post about how great the 350 plastic is performing and I've found a new friend. That will be right after I've secured a life-time supply of them . . .. fool me once, etc.
Update I know it hasnt been 6 months but the mx3 is kcroc-ing along.

KC rocs (not 8 times ...Im not blaspheming...) will get to a sweet spot for me and then rapidly (less than 6mos) lose usefulness and flip too much.

The x-wasp Im looking for has a year+ left in the tank.

Im noticing that the mx3 is losing chunks of plastic. Dont misread this and think Ive lost all hope the mx3 is a roc/wasp clone and flying great. I love it and recommend them.

Im just worried its losing more plastic to tree hits than discrafts x plastic does and thats why the x beats 300g or kc.

Seems like a physics/material science thing just saying .😎🤣

Ive only been throwing one mx3 but soon will be adding another to the bag as the first one is closing in on the x-wasp in the bag as far as stability....

Old 10-07-2019, 07:52 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 74
Niced 137 Times in 103 Posts

Quote:
KC rocs (not 8 times ...Im not blaspheming...) will get to a sweet spot for me and then rapidly (less than 6mos) lose usefulness and flip too much.
Ill take those rocs