#1  
Old 08-27-2019, 10:40 AM
Audible Vibration's Avatar
Audible Vibration Audible Vibration is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Fargo, North Dakota
Courses Played: 7
Posts: 288
Niced 142 Times in 86 Posts
Default Disc Golf Pro Tour Sold

Just saw this on Facebook. Wonder if it had to do with all of the problems DGPT had this year, or if this is a sign of growth and setting sights higher.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/disc-...161258?sfns=mo
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-27-2019, 10:44 AM
InDaWoodsDiscN419 InDaWoodsDiscN419 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 135
Niced 36 Times in 29 Posts
Default Yabbadabba doo!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audible Vibration View Post
Just saw this on Facebook. Wonder if it had to do with all of the problems DGPT had this year, or if this is a sign of growth and setting sights higher.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/disc-...161258?sfns=mo
Jeffersonville, VT, August 27, 2019 / Effective immediately, the Disc Golf Pro Tour has been purchased by a new ownership group. Majority owner, Todd Rainwater, has hired Jeff Spring to lead the DGPT as CEO and Tour Director.

Mr. Rainwater is the owner and developer of Nantucket Disc Golf, formerly a minority owner of the DGPT, and a strong supporter of the development of professional disc golf. Spring is an experienced tournament director and course designer, having developed one of the preeminent disc golf destinations in the world at Smugglers’ Notch Resort in Vermont. Smugglers’ has hosted two PDGA majors in the last year as well as serving as the home of the annual Green Mountain Championship DGPT event. Spring will remain in his role at Smugglers’ through October 1, 2019 overseeing the 2019 Green Mountain Championship and will continue oversight of the disc golf operations at Smugglers’ through a transitional period.

In regards to the purchase, Mr. Rainwater comments that “we’d like to thank the former ownership group, Disc Golf USA, especially outgoing Tour Director Steve Dodge, for their development of the DGPT to this point. We look forward to growing the vision that Steve has established.” Mr. Spring comments, “I’m thankful to Smugglers’ Notch Resort for the opportunity to establish and grow several new endeavors during my time at the Resort. I look forward to continued collaboration with what is a wonderful organization in the years to come.”

The Disc Golf Pro Tour will be providing an update on plans moving forward shortly. We are excited to be working collaboratively with the PDGA on 2020 planning and look forward to sharing more soon.

Mr. Spring will be available for interviews throughout the week, beginning with an appearance on Smashboxx’s Tuesday evening podcast, starting at 9pm Central. For more information or to schedule interviews, please contact Jeff Spring at jspring@dgpt.com.

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-27-2019, 10:45 AM
BuiltTooLong's Avatar
BuiltTooLong BuiltTooLong is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Dubuque, Iowa
Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 586
Niced 578 Times in 278 Posts
Default DGPT Sold to Todd Rainwater

DGPT has been purchased by Todd Rainwater, owner and developer of Nantucket Disc Golf and has named Jeff Spring to lead the DGPT as CEO and Tour Director
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-27-2019, 10:50 AM
kiwichiwi kiwichiwi is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: New Bern
Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 117
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 108
Niced 61 Times in 38 Posts
Default DGPT has been sold to Todd Rainwater

https://www.facebook.com/notes/disc-...8/?__tn__=-y.g

That is interesting with the tour not even being finished for the season.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-27-2019, 10:50 AM
McLovin McLovin is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Joplin MO
Posts: 91
Niced 23 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Headline: Disc Golf Pro Tour purchased by Todd Rainwater, Jeff Spring Named Tour Director

Jeffersonville, VT, August 27, 2019 / Effective immediately, the Disc Golf Pro Tour has been purchased by a new ownership group. Majority owner, Todd Rainwater, has hired Jeff Spring to lead the DGPT as CEO and Tour Director.

Mr. Rainwater is the owner and developer of Nantucket Disc Golf, formerly a minority owner of the DGPT, and a strong supporter of the development of professional disc golf. Spring is an experienced tournament director and course designer, having developed one of the preeminent disc golf destinations in the world at Smugglers’ Notch Resort in Vermont. Smugglers’ has hosted two PDGA majors in the last year as well as serving as the home of the annual Green Mountain Championship DGPT event. Spring will remain in his role at Smugglers’ through October 1, 2019 overseeing the 2019 Green Mountain Championship and will continue oversight of the disc golf operations at Smugglers’ through a transitional period.

In regards to the purchase, Mr. Rainwater comments that “we’d like to thank the former ownership group, Disc Golf USA, especially outgoing Tour Director Steve Dodge, for their development of the DGPT to this point. We look forward to growing the vision that Steve has established.” Mr. Spring comments, “I’m thankful to Smugglers’ Notch Resort for the opportunity to establish and grow several new endeavors during my time at the Resort. I look forward to continued collaboration with what is a wonderful organization in the years to come.”

The Disc Golf Pro Tour will be providing an update on plans moving forward shortly. We are excited to be working collaboratively with the PDGA on 2020 planning and look forward to sharing more soon.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-27-2019, 10:55 AM
ChefKoolaid ChefKoolaid is online now
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Dayton Oh
Courses Played: 34
Posts: 262
Niced 121 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Headline: Disc Golf Pro Tour purchased by Todd Rainwater, Jeff Spring Named Tour Director

Jeffersonville, VT, August 27, 2019 / Effective immediately, the Disc Golf Pro Tour has been purchased by a new ownership group. Majority owner, Todd Rainwater, has hired Jeff Spring to lead the DGPT as CEO and Tour Director.

Mr. Rainwater is the owner and developer of Nantucket Disc Golf, formerly a minority owner of the DGPT, and a strong supporter of the development of professional disc golf. Spring is an experienced tournament director and course designer, having developed one of the preeminent disc golf destinations in the world at Smugglers’ Notch Resort in Vermont. Smugglers’ has hosted two PDGA majors in the last year as well as serving as the home of the annual Green Mountain Championship DGPT event. Spring will remain in his role at Smugglers’ through October 1, 2019 overseeing the 2019 Green Mountain Championship and will continue oversight of the disc golf operations at Smugglers’ through a transitional period.

In regards to the purchase, Mr. Rainwater comments that “we’d like to thank the former ownership group, Disc Golf USA, especially outgoing Tour Director Steve Dodge, for their development of the DGPT to this point. We look forward to growing the vision that Steve has established.” Mr. Spring comments, “I’m thankful to Smugglers’ Notch Resort for the opportunity to establish and grow several new endeavors during my time at the Resort. I look forward to continued collaboration with what is a wonderful organization in the years to come.”

The Disc Golf Pro Tour will be providing an update on plans moving forward shortly. We are excited to be working collaboratively with the PDGA on 2020 planning and look forward to sharing more soon.
Very interesting
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-27-2019, 10:55 AM
VictorB's Avatar
VictorB VictorB is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Madison, WI
Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,832
Niced 1,078 Times in 538 Posts
Default

I think this is a good move overall for the DGPT going forward. I don't think Dodge was well equipped to run and develop a tour effectively in this era.

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-27-2019, 11:07 AM
Three Putt's Avatar
Three Putt Three Putt is offline
*Super Moderator*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rolla, MO.
Years Playing: 24.8
Courses Played: 135
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 9,120
Niced 2,279 Times in 864 Posts
Default

I wonder what Steve Dodge will do next? For me that's more fun to guess about than what happens to the DGPT.

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-27-2019, 11:18 AM
JC17393 JC17393 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Years Playing: 21.8
Courses Played: 150
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 7,765
Niced 3,612 Times in 1,504 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
I think this is a good move overall for the DGPT going forward. I don't think Dodge was well equipped to run and develop a tour effectively in this era.
Steve's always struck me as someone who loves to get balls rolling but once they're moving, he's content to let someone else take over and move on to another ball. He's a start-up guy, not a "I'm going to only do this now" kind of guy. I think it was inevitable that he'd hand the DGPT off as well.

I don't think it's that he was ill-equipped or that he or the tour were in any sort of trouble. I imagine this was part of the plan all along...maybe not the timing necessarily, but the act itself.

Niced: (3)
Reply With Quote
 

  #10  
Old 08-27-2019, 11:32 AM
Rob Martin's Avatar
Rob Martin Rob Martin is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kansas
Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 230
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 645
Niced 81 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Whoa, didn't see that coming.

FYI, this is the BILLIONAIRE Todd Rainwater. Holy smokes. Disc golf's been asking for a big time investor. Well, this is pretty big folks. Google him. It's that Todd Rainwater, son of Richard Rainwater.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DGPT: Host a Pro Tour House Party: Win a DGPT Zuca Cart! DGPT General Disc Golf Chat 2 09-07-2016 12:15 PM
CE QJLS Sold for What? Webslinger General Disc Golf Chat 28 05-23-2014 10:16 PM
Sold a Course This Morning Sadjo Course Development 11 09-22-2013 09:06 PM
just like that...another course sold Sadjo Course Development 4 04-28-2013 10:41 PM
Z xtreme - i'm sold! :::LSWT::: Discs 31 06-09-2011 02:43 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.