Old 09-15-2019, 09:44 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 48
Niced 200 Times in 153 Posts

I've been putting with the Judge for years, but is there anything out there similar but with slightly smaller bead and a little less depth?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2019, 11:03 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 238 Times in 137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UhhNegative View Post
I've been putting with the Judge for years, but is there anything out there similar but with slightly smaller bead and a little less depth?
Pilot

Niced: (1)
Old 09-15-2019, 11:24 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,146 Times in 1,580 Posts

Quote:
Try the Marshal. Smaller bead for sure. Slightly but only slightly less depth. I went from the Judge and Warden to the Marshal, and have never regretted doing that.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,005 Times in 581 Posts

I am a firm believer that ergonomics is more important for a putting putter than the stability/glide of said putter.

Learn what feels good and releases clean out of your hand. Unless the disc has AI on board and its own propulsion source, your putting will always be poor if the release isn't clean.

Niced: (1)

Last edited by wolfmandragon; 09-15-2019 at 05:10 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:24 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
I am a firm believer that ergonomics is more important for a putting putter than the stability/glide of said putter.

Learn what feels good and releases clean out of your hand. Unless the disc has AI on board and its own propulsion source, your putting will always be poor if the release isn't clean.
This is true for most discs, some the glide makes a difference.
However, some discs are too awkward for most to use. Example: The Putt'r as production Soft X only is a problem as soft flex plastic does not work for a lid disc. That mold gets slight concave when broken in just that first little bit of 25-35 putts and loses the the glide it had making the mold bad for most as a Putt'r can take more speed to the mold compared to other lids due to how the rim/wing is shaped with the thicker bottom then top of the rim/wing. So then the Putt'r either flops right to the ground just short of basket or goes sailing past, very little room for error with the mold needing this exact distance to mach the speed of the mold. I think the amount of glide on a putting disc is important as if that is off to how the player putts then the mold will not work for them either dropping too soon or going past the basket.

Also how the disc feels is important, just becuse everyone uses that mold does not mean you should if you do not like how say ___ disc feels then don't use them if everyone in your area is using one of those molds for putting putter.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 09-15-2019 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:54 PM

Niced 9 Times in 7 Posts

Long time Warden guy here. This spring I made the jump to the Streamline Pilot.

Pros: It's high glide of 5 really helps me sink those longer putts. The Electron plastic is ideal for grip, and smooth releases. It feels great in the hand. The Proton plastic is more over stable and is ideal for putting, approaches and even driving.

Cons: The Electron plastic gets beat up very quickly. As a result, I use a Pure Zero Soft for short putts to reduce the wear on the Electron Pilots. The Proton plastic is a little too tacky when humid or wet conditions exist.

I plan on getting some new Electrons and adding a glow Proton model soon. Can't say enough about the Pilot !!!
Old 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Try the Marshal. Smaller bead for sure. Slightly but only slightly less depth. I went from the Judge and Warden to the Marshal, and have never regretted doing that.
Warden:
Diameter: 21.2 cm
Height: 2.0 cm
Rim Depth: 1.5 cm
Rim Width: 1.1 cm

Marshall:
Rim Depth: 1.6 cm

Judge:
Rim Depth: 1.5 cm

According to infinite discs the marshall is actually slightly deeper. Maybe a smaller bead makes it feel smaller in the hand though.

Pilot:
Height: 1.8 cm
Rim Depth: 1.3 cm
Rim Width: 1.0 cm

Pilot looks quite a bit smaller though. My tiny little hands might appreciate that. Would electric firm be the most like a P-line/classic hard plastic?

Last edited by UhhNegative; 09-17-2019 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:52 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 238 Times in 137 Posts

Electron firm is definitely what you want.

Old 09-17-2019, 09:11 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,146 Times in 1,580 Posts

Quote:
According to infinite discs the marshall is actually slightly deeper. Maybe a smaller bead makes it feel smaller in the hand though.
I'm getting old; I don't really notice 1mm differences. Having said that, try to find and hold a Marshal in your paws and see how it feels. If you don't like it, cool beans.

Last edited by SD86; 09-17-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Old 09-17-2019, 09:13 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I'm getting old; I don't really notice 1mm differences. Having said that, try to find and hold a Marshal in your paws and see how it feels.
Yeah I don't blame you. But it probably does feel less deep if its got a smaller bead.