Old 09-17-2019, 12:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 551 Times in 295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm0514 View Post
True. However the guy with only four discs will know what each of those discs do for him and will probably execute any given shot better imo than the 20+ disc guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Ogre View Post
Confuscious say “fear not man who throw 1000 discs one time, fear man who throw one disc 1000 times”.
I never subscribed to this thought. The one punch 1000 times is also garbage delivered by a martial arts charlatan.

Mold minimization will make you better in the long run because it forces you to expand your skills to compensate for the lack of proper tools. It is like weight training. But to say that by artificially depriving yourself of tools will make you better for that round is laughable.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2019, 01:08 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 357 Times in 124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
I never subscribed to this thought. The one punch 1000 times is also garbage delivered by a martial arts charlatan.

Mold minimization will make you better in the long run because it forces you to expand your skills to compensate for the lack of proper tools. It is like weight training. But to say that by artificially depriving yourself of tools will make you better for that round is laughable.
Ok so two things.
1. It’s a joke, not a dick, don’t take it so hard.
2. I’m sure what you say is true for a certain level of player, but for most of us who play a beer’n’weed league, fun rounds, and a couple tourneys a year, we’re better off using our limited practice and playing time getting better with a few core molds. Shoot even The Champ, what percent of his throws do you think were the core molds Aviar, Roc, Teebird? Like 75+?
Old 09-17-2019, 01:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Ogre View Post
Ok so two things.
1. It’s a joke, not a dick, don’t take it so hard.
2. I’m sure what you say is true for a certain level of player, but for most of us who play a beer’n’weed league, fun rounds, and a couple tourneys a year, we’re better off using our limited practice and playing time getting better with a few core molds. Shoot even The Champ, what percent of his throws do you think were the core molds Aviar, Roc, Teebird? Like 75+?
Lol, I respect the edgelord nature of this post. Don't worry m8, I didn't take it hard

As for the beer league guys, I would say having a complete set of shots covered via molds would be exactly what you need given the lack of practice time.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-17-2019, 01:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,306 Times in 768 Posts

And it´s SUPER boring to practice with just one or a few disc. .
Throw. . go and get the disc. . throw and go. . and so on

if i have 3-5 of the same disc in the bag i can get SOOOO many more practice throws in

Niced: (3)
Old 09-17-2019, 01:51 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
And it´s SUPER boring to practice with just one or a few disc. .
Throw. . go and get the disc. . throw and go. . and so on

if i have 3-5 of the same disc in the bag i can get SOOOO many more practice throws in
Right but...I don’t need 11 wizards in my bag playing any round, much less a casual one.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,010 Times in 559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm0514 View Post
True. However the guy with only four discs will know what each of those discs do for him and will probably execute any given shot better imo than the 20+ disc guy.
Learning what a certain mold does, is easier done when you haul around duplicate molds. And even if that's not the case, that rec player can work on his form issues with various molds as long as he's not going from a Birdie one throw, to Monster the next.

Playing dubs, I'll take that enthusiastic new player with a cart full of fresh plastic, over a three disc carrying sasquatch, on most days.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:03 PM
Birdie Member

I can see carts for old/injured guys and for tourneys where you need outerwear, snacks, drinks, etc for a full day but for a casual round or even a league night I just can’t envision wanting to drag that around vs. an over the shoulder bag. To each their own.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

For me, carts are great for exactly one thing: a place to sit. So if I don't anticipate needing to sit down, I would never use a cart. On the other hand, if I were playing a lot of packed tournaments I would buy a cart to effectively use as a rolling lawn chair.

Niced: (3)
Old 09-17-2019, 03:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 821 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
For me, carts are great for exactly one thing: a place to sit. So if I don't anticipate needing to sit down, I would never use a cart. On the other hand, if I were playing a lot of packed tournaments I would buy a cart to effectively use as a rolling lawn chair.
Why not pack a stool like all the cool kids?

Old 09-17-2019, 03:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
Why not pack a stool like all the cool kids?
tripod leg up the ass is no bueno. And I would rather just have the seat ready to go without fetching it and expanding it.

Niced: (1)