#481  
Old 09-15-2019, 04:19 PM
TerryTuffskins's Avatar
TerryTuffskins TerryTuffskins is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 200
Niced 65 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Westside should cut the following high speed drivers:

Queen
Sorcerer
Catapult
Either King or Destiny. Keep one of the two, but not both. They're too similar.
Sorcerer is great. So is the Destiny. I know people who throw Kings.

Queen was never needed though, you got that right. Catapult seems like another meh mold. 2 out of 3 right!
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #482  
Old 09-15-2019, 10:34 PM
Moose33 Moose33 is offline
Salient/Yikun Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 5,161
Niced 993 Times in 651 Posts
Default

You could throw one of the Nothman/Sampo/Fortress/Longbowman in there, they are different from one another but if you lose one the others cover it well.
Reply With Quote
  #483  
Old 09-18-2019, 10:19 AM
Lancerswimmer89 Lancerswimmer89 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 239
Niced 38 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
You could throw one of the Nothman/Sampo/Fortress/Longbowman in there, they are different from one another but if you lose one the others cover it well.
I would definitely lose the Sampo and the Northman, I feel like the longbowman is a fairly unique fairway due to its rim shape, and the Fortress is another great mold that doesn't get the respect it deserves.

Also, the Queen needs to go, its a super-fast understable driver that never really seemed to gain traction.
Reply With Quote
  #484  
Old 09-18-2019, 10:43 AM
Twmccoy Twmccoy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 2,095
Niced 670 Times in 528 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerswimmer89 View Post
I would definitely lose the Sampo and the Northman, I feel like the longbowman is a fairly unique fairway due to its rim shape, and the Fortress is another great mold that doesn't get the respect it deserves.

Also, the Queen needs to go, its a super-fast understable driver that never really seemed to gain traction.
Of all Westside's discs, the Queen would be the first to go if it were up to me. I've only thrown 1 Queen, and I hated it. Really fast, flippy, and not exceptionally long. For whatever reason the Bolt was such a better understable mold. The Queen is clunky, somewhat glideless, and short for being so fast.

Sorcerer would be next. Really flippy and not nearly as long/glidey as the King or Destiny. I could never find a use for the Sorcerer.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #485  
Old 09-18-2019, 11:49 AM
Monkeypaws's Avatar
Monkeypaws Monkeypaws is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SE Minnesota
Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 3,472
Niced 252 Times in 164 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post

Sorcerer would be next. Really flippy and not nearly as long/glidey as the King or Destiny. I could never find a use for the Sorcerer.
I kind of agree, though when you hit the Sorcerer just right, kaboom, it is loooong. If you got a stack of them and did some field work, you might have something special.
Reply With Quote
  #486  
Old 09-22-2019, 10:17 PM
Twmccoy Twmccoy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 2,095
Niced 670 Times in 528 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
I kind of agree, though when you hit the Sorcerer just right, kaboom, it is loooong. If you got a stack of them and did some field work, you might have something special.
I've thrown 5 or 6 Sorcerers over the years. Every time I find one I think, "this is going to be the one". They all fly exactly the same for me. Really flippy, and somewhat glideless. I can hyzerflip a Sorcerer and get OK results, but there are just so many other better molds around that do similar stuff.

The margin for error is high with Sorcerers. Throw them too little and they stall. Throw them even an iota too hard and they flip bad.

I figure out of 10 drives with a Sorcerer, I'd probably get 2 really good ones. Rest would be flipped or stalled.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #487  
Old 10-02-2019, 04:37 PM
Monkeypaws's Avatar
Monkeypaws Monkeypaws is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SE Minnesota
Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 3,472
Niced 252 Times in 164 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
I've thrown 5 or 6 Sorcerers over the years. Every time I find one I think, "this is going to be the one". They all fly exactly the same for me. Really flippy, and somewhat glideless. I can hyzerflip a Sorcerer and get OK results, but there are just so many other better molds around that do similar stuff.

The margin for error is high with Sorcerers. Throw them too little and they stall. Throw them even an iota too hard and they flip bad.

I figure out of 10 drives with a Sorcerer, I'd probably get 2 really good ones. Rest would be flipped or stalled.
Yes it is a "special" mold. I don't usually bag one, but when I occasionally do, I get some interesting results.
Reply With Quote
 

  #488  
Old 10-03-2019, 09:12 AM
Lancerswimmer89 Lancerswimmer89 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 239
Niced 38 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Of all Westside's discs, the Queen would be the first to go if it were up to me. I've only thrown 1 Queen, and I hated it. Really fast, flippy, and not exceptionally long. For whatever reason the Bolt was such a better understable mold. The Queen is clunky, somewhat glideless, and short for being so fast.

Sorcerer would be next. Really flippy and not nearly as long/glidey as the King or Destiny. I could never find a use for the Sorcerer.
For me, the rim shape also just feels very odd in the hand, couldn't get comfortable with it at all
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Latitude`s new molds Johny Discs 13 01-30-2017 06:43 PM
Names for future Dynamic molds Declarkus General Disc Golf Chat 86 06-09-2014 06:13 PM
Dynamic, Latitude, Westside kurtdemarra The Marketplace 5 12-02-2013 10:05 PM
Latitude Westside Dynamic Cloons411 The Marketplace 11 06-15-2013 01:41 AM
Looking for some Latitude/Dynamic Trades kurtdemarra The Marketplace 10 04-30-2013 01:16 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.