Courses Played: 1
Niced 65 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Westside should cut the following high speed drivers:

Queen
Sorcerer
Catapult
Either King or Destiny. Keep one of the two, but not both. They're too similar.
Sorcerer is great. So is the Destiny. I know people who throw Kings.

Queen was never needed though, you got that right. Catapult seems like another meh mold. 2 out of 3 right!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2019, 10:34 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 993 Times in 651 Posts

You could throw one of the Nothman/Sampo/Fortress/Longbowman in there, they are different from one another but if you lose one the others cover it well.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:19 AM
Par Member

Niced 38 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
You could throw one of the Nothman/Sampo/Fortress/Longbowman in there, they are different from one another but if you lose one the others cover it well.
I would definitely lose the Sampo and the Northman, I feel like the longbowman is a fairly unique fairway due to its rim shape, and the Fortress is another great mold that doesn't get the respect it deserves.

Also, the Queen needs to go, its a super-fast understable driver that never really seemed to gain traction.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 670 Times in 528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerswimmer89 View Post
I would definitely lose the Sampo and the Northman, I feel like the longbowman is a fairly unique fairway due to its rim shape, and the Fortress is another great mold that doesn't get the respect it deserves.

Also, the Queen needs to go, its a super-fast understable driver that never really seemed to gain traction.
Of all Westside's discs, the Queen would be the first to go if it were up to me. I've only thrown 1 Queen, and I hated it. Really fast, flippy, and not exceptionally long. For whatever reason the Bolt was such a better understable mold. The Queen is clunky, somewhat glideless, and short for being so fast.

Sorcerer would be next. Really flippy and not nearly as long/glidey as the King or Destiny. I could never find a use for the Sorcerer.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-18-2019, 11:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 252 Times in 164 Posts

Quote:

Sorcerer would be next. Really flippy and not nearly as long/glidey as the King or Destiny. I could never find a use for the Sorcerer.
I kind of agree, though when you hit the Sorcerer just right, kaboom, it is loooong. If you got a stack of them and did some field work, you might have something special.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 670 Times in 528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
I kind of agree, though when you hit the Sorcerer just right, kaboom, it is loooong. If you got a stack of them and did some field work, you might have something special.
I've thrown 5 or 6 Sorcerers over the years. Every time I find one I think, "this is going to be the one". They all fly exactly the same for me. Really flippy, and somewhat glideless. I can hyzerflip a Sorcerer and get OK results, but there are just so many other better molds around that do similar stuff.

The margin for error is high with Sorcerers. Throw them too little and they stall. Throw them even an iota too hard and they flip bad.

I figure out of 10 drives with a Sorcerer, I'd probably get 2 really good ones. Rest would be flipped or stalled.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-02-2019, 04:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 252 Times in 164 Posts

Quote:
I've thrown 5 or 6 Sorcerers over the years. Every time I find one I think, "this is going to be the one". They all fly exactly the same for me. Really flippy, and somewhat glideless. I can hyzerflip a Sorcerer and get OK results, but there are just so many other better molds around that do similar stuff.

The margin for error is high with Sorcerers. Throw them too little and they stall. Throw them even an iota too hard and they flip bad.

I figure out of 10 drives with a Sorcerer, I'd probably get 2 really good ones. Rest would be flipped or stalled.
Yes it is a "special" mold. I don't usually bag one, but when I occasionally do, I get some interesting results.

Old 10-03-2019, 09:12 AM
Par Member

Niced 38 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Of all Westside's discs, the Queen would be the first to go if it were up to me. I've only thrown 1 Queen, and I hated it. Really fast, flippy, and not exceptionally long. For whatever reason the Bolt was such a better understable mold. The Queen is clunky, somewhat glideless, and short for being so fast.

For me, the rim shape also just feels very odd in the hand, couldn't get comfortable with it at all