Old 09-21-2019, 07:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 559 Times in 344 Posts

So I tried giving the Matrix another shot due to the discontinued list. Threw it head to head against my Axis, while when I originally tested them I expected them to be more like a Vector. Thought giving them another chance with that in mind might give me different feelings about the mold.

Conclusion: The rim is more comfortable but the flight is more squirrely. I can hit good lines with the Matrix but it doesn't have the high speed stability my Axis does. Sticking with the Axis, I like it better for how I use my mids.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 09-21-2019, 01:08 PM

Courses Played: 7
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
So I tried giving the Matrix another shot due to the discontinued list. Threw it head to head against my Axis, while when I originally tested them I expected them to be more like a Vector. Thought giving them another chance with that in mind might give me different feelings about the mold.

Conclusion: The rim is more comfortable but the flight is more squirrely. I can hit good lines with the Matrix but it doesn't have the high speed stability my Axis does. Sticking with the Axis, I like it better for how I use my mids.
I agree. For now, I switched to the matrix since the others got discontinued and I have been having a hard time determining how much it's going to flip. Sometimes I put too much hyzer and other times, not enough. A little more work with it might help but I'm looking forward to the new mid lineup
Old 09-21-2019, 04:41 PM
* Ace Member *

I'm sitting on 5 backup Eclipse Axis & Vectors, so while long term I might switch, I should be good for a couple of years.

I wish I got along better with the Matrix. It's one of the most comfortable molds I've tried.
Old 09-21-2019, 08:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 72 Times in 48 Posts

I have only thrown 2 different Matrices. The N was more stable than any flattish Axis and most N Vectors. My P is very Buzzish in that it doesn't flip so much as it pushes.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 735 Times in 514 Posts

Well that's good news about the Matrix.. I haven't thrown my SE Neutron yet.. I know everyone is kind of looking at it since its the only current still in production midrange. I'm kind of curious about the proton plastic one, I like the idea of less stable. In my experience proton is the "glidiest" and straightest MVP plastic except maybe electron...

Real glad I stocked up on proton Spins.. My first one is gorgeously straight. I played a foreign course as part of a three course tournament. Triple Crown. Lots of unfamiliar holes. Threw the proton Spin often and well. It still has a little bit of stability, it's a lot like a sweet Aviar that stays there. Probably two years of solid use and no real change in flight. I guess maybe it keeping the stability is why they aren't continuing the proton plastic, it's kind of a different disc from the electron ones. Ended up 5 strokes off the pace.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:16 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 34.2
Courses Played: 30
Niced 125 Times in 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
N00b. About ****ing time.
Heh. I carried but a single putter for 32 years or so and you think adding a fourth comes easy? Sheesh.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-21-2019, 11:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 52
Niced 4,207 Times in 2,232 Posts

Quote:
I'm sitting on 5 backup Eclipse Axis & Vectors, so while long term I might switch, I should be good for a couple of years.

I wish I got along better with the Matrix. It's one of the most comfortable molds I've tried.
You should try beating up a pyro into a more neutral flight? If it does what most of the OS gyro discs do and lose fade long before it develops turn, it would be a perfect disc for someone with your power. But, they may have the new disc in that spot out before then.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:38 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 109 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
You should try beating up a pyro into a more neutral flight? If it does what most of the OS gyro discs do and lose fade long before it develops turn, it would be a perfect disc for someone with your power. But, they may have the new disc in that spot out before then.
Pretty much what I am trying to do. Carrying a Prism Pyro a P Matrix (beat) and an E Matrix. I find the both the P and E Matrix have little HSS compared to an Axis. I have a FR Axis that I use to bag as well as several Eclipse Axis that I would cycle through. While the Axis has more glide that the Axis, I found that it always drifted on a BH through more than a Matrix. The Neutron Matrix has the most LSS but I also don't like the feel or the pop top on many. The E Matrix are super flat and with a slight hyzer flip ride straight before a fade. Trying to beat on up to get it to turn.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I have only thrown 2 different Matrices. The N was more stable than any flattish Axis and most N Vectors. My P is very Buzzish in that it doesn't flip so much as it pushes.
Hmm. I tried two Protons out, one stock stamp one LE stamp. Both of them want to turn over a bit thrown with a touch of hyzer and 320' of power, but the Axis locks on to a straight flight.

I'll give them one more shot sometime this week but I don't expect to bag them.

Haven't tried a Pyro yet, is it less OS than a Deflector? I decided against the Deflector since they don't go much further than the Entropy and I like the Entropy rim much better.

Old 09-22-2019, 10:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 52
Niced 4,207 Times in 2,232 Posts

Quote:

Haven't tried a Pyro yet, is it less OS than a Deflector? I decided against the Deflector since they don't go much further than the Entropy and I like the Entropy rim much better.
Its listed at 5 4 0 2.5