Old 09-22-2019, 11:52 PM
Par Member

Niced 23 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm0514 View Post
To add to this. Innova's biggest spokesperson are the discs themselves. How many times have a competitors disc have been described as aviar like, roc like, teebird like or destroyer like? Numerous times. Players come and go but molds stick around.
i'M gLad I lOst with My GenUIne iNNovA diSCs!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2019, 11:59 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 116 Times in 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandelius View Post
i'M gLad I lOst with My GenUIne iNNovA diSCs!
What's that's supposed to mean?
Old 09-23-2019, 07:32 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 109 Times in 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
Alas, I once tried to make a warning thread in the newbie section to warn of Casey. It was then I learned that non newbies cannot make threads there.

Sometimes I wonder if he is actually a person or a psyop being ran on us. It seems he is too consistent on being wrong for it to be an accident.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Its somebodies alt account. Someone that has enough disc knowledge to know how to screw things up just right to piss people off...
My theory, for whatever it's worth—

Casey's just a dude who enjoys our sport and has an idiosyncratic manner and a shaky grasp on the facts. Actually seems like a nice guy. Never insults people or gets belligerent. Sometimes acknowledges that he's been proven wrong (for which he deserves some kind of internet medal). Newbs will figure out pretty quickly that he's not a reliable source of information. So let him post. Correct him if you must, and respect his positive attitude.

That, or else he's the Leonardo da Vinci of trolling, and he deserves a different kind of internet medal. Either way, respect.

Old 09-23-2019, 02:29 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 117
Niced 61 Times in 38 Posts

https://usdgc.com/posts/2019-usdgc-m...-announcement/
Looks like Jomez is back on the table! Also $10 isnt so bad if its good coverage.
Old 09-23-2019, 02:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 68
Niced 130 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwichiwi View Post
https://usdgc.com/posts/2019-usdgc-m...-announcement/
Looks like Jomez is back on the table! Also $10 isnt so bad if its good coverage.
So KC is "playing" and announcing, impressive. Hoping for a 2 on new 1!
Old 09-23-2019, 02:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.2
Courses Played: 156
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 154 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjman View Post
So KC is "playing" and announcing, impressive. Hoping for a 2 on new 1!
I'd bet he is doing the same thing as last year by throwing a ceremonial first hole and then moving to the broadcast booth.
Old 09-23-2019, 02:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.8
Courses Played: 150
Niced 3,546 Times in 1,485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhadella View Post
I'd bet he is doing the same thing as last year by throwing a ceremonial first hole and then moving to the broadcast booth.
Not that places in the tournament are so scarce that they can't spare it, but Climo can be the ceremonial opener (a la the tradition at the Masters currently fulfilled by Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player) without being on the official registrant list. If he's on the list, I believe he's intending to play full rounds.

In which case, perhaps he has no expectation that he'll be competitive, and thus expects to be done with his round in plenty of time to jump in the booth with Jamie for the lead card coverage.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-23-2019, 03:22 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 83
Niced 150 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
Not that places in the tournament are so scarce that they can't spare it, but Climo can be the ceremonial opener (a la the tradition at the Masters currently fulfilled by Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player) without being on the official registrant list. If he's on the list, I believe he's intending to play full rounds.

In which case, perhaps he has no expectation that he'll be competitive, and thus expects to be done with his round in plenty of time to jump in the booth with Jamie for the lead card coverage.
Champ would NEVER play an event with no expectation that he will be competitive. He either thinks he has a chance to win or he won't play. My guess is he's probably doing the same thing he did last year (where he was on the list but had no intentions on playing the event).

Niced: (1)
Old 09-23-2019, 03:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.8
Courses Played: 150
Niced 3,546 Times in 1,485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwgort View Post
Champ would NEVER play an event with no expectation that he will be competitive. He either thinks he has a chance to win or he won't play. My guess is he's probably doing the same thing he did last year (where he was on the list but had no intentions on playing the event).
My understanding was that he had every intention to play the tournament last year but after a practice round, decided he wasn't physically up to it.

This article on PDGA.com seems to support that.

Niced: (2)

Old 09-23-2019, 03:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 133
Niced 1,341 Times in 405 Posts

Champ will play to win always, but he's not sure if he's healthy enough to go all 4 days at this point. He basically has an open invite to join Hannah and I on stage whenever he's ready each day, we'll just see how it plays out.

My advice before all of the drama comes in - let the Jomez stans say what they like. They will have their strong opinions about the arrangement, and their speculation about what, why, and how - just let them vent/express themselves. For my part, I think it's a win-win that USDGC and Jomez came to an agreement to bring another card of coverage. I'll be very happy to see those guys out there doing their thing, and of course I'm honored by the opportunity to work my 7th consecutive USDGC!

I'm stoked to be hosting with Hannah as well, she's really put a great deal of effort into preparing for her media roles this year, and I believe she has grown tremendously because of that. She got herself noticed with her performance in the booth at Worlds, and has wholly earned this opportunity.

I can't wait to see the new fan zone/warmup/stage area and the new holes!