Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Improve Your Game > Technique & Strategy

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 09-22-2019, 10:35 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,392
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm0514 View Post
I agree with everything that has been said already. I will add that nose angle control is lacking.
This is true, I was the nose in the ground guy to the point I used a Valkyrie as my main driver for that reason those discs tend to take nose down the best. Now since I got better with nose angle I still use Valkyrie but for a different reason more how much distance I can get from such a lower speed model that and some shots that are nose straight but released low height.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-23-2019, 12:33 AM
Parbequeue Parbequeue is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Canada
Posts: 211
Niced 20 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Hugging and non efficient weight shift
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-23-2019, 06:00 AM
Horsman's Avatar
Horsman Horsman is offline
Pandamonium Discs
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 171
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,280
Niced 684 Times in 318 Posts
Default

Disc Selection
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-23-2019, 07:44 AM
trasf trasf is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Courses Played: 32
Posts: 13
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Proper forearm, seen quite few good backhand players totally ignore forehand for no reason and use bh anny for similar throw until narrow low ceiling hole that bends sharply to right.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-23-2019, 11:16 AM
UhhNegative UhhNegative is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Courses Played: 48
Posts: 625
Niced 200 Times in 153 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
Disc Selection
Judging by the number of posts in the "Discs" section versus this section, I think people spend WAY more time thinking about disc selection than how to actually throw them.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-23-2019, 11:29 AM
NoseDownKing NoseDownKing is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 41
Niced 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UhhNegative View Post
Judging by the number of posts in the "Discs" section versus this section, I think people spend WAY more time thinking about disc selection than how to actually throw them.
I agree. The teeshot didn't end up poorly because of the disc. It was because of you.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-23-2019, 12:04 PM
slowplastic slowplastic is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 6,254
Niced 2,590 Times in 1,647 Posts
Default

As much as I agree most players put too much emphasis on buying discs...they don't select them very well.

Like thinking things such as:
-what is the most open line to the basket?
-what disc naturally flies this path at 70% effort?
-if I mess up a bit will this disc hold that line or hyzer early or turn over? Which mistake is preferential on this hole?
-would I rather be too short or too long...should I choose a faster or slower disc than "normal" for this distance?
-is it easier to hit a higher line with a slow disc to range it on an open hole, or a faster disc on a lower line to avoid branches?
-if there is wind...then that's a can of worms for most less experienced players as far as disc and line choice.

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-23-2019, 12:08 PM
NoseDownKing NoseDownKing is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 41
Niced 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
As much as I agree most players put too much emphasis on buying discs...they don't select them very well.

Like thinking things such as:
-what is the most open line to the basket?
-what disc naturally flies this path at 70% effort?
-if I mess up a bit will this disc hold that line or hyzer early or turn over? Which mistake is preferential on this hole?
-would I rather be too short or too long...should I choose a faster or slower disc than "normal" for this distance?
-is it easier to hit a higher line with a slow disc to range it on an open hole, or a faster disc on a lower line to avoid branches?
-if there is wind...then that's a can of worms for most less experienced players as far as disc and line choice.
This is very true.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-23-2019, 01:20 PM
Ryan P.'s Avatar
Ryan P. Ryan P. is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Asheboro, NC
Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 56
Posts: 1,691
Niced 49 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Taking advice from amateurs about what they are doing wrong.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #20  
Old 09-23-2019, 01:48 PM
drk_evns's Avatar
drk_evns drk_evns is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Holland, MI
Courses Played: 36
Posts: 237
Niced 128 Times in 85 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan P. View Post
Taking advice from amateurs about what they are doing wrong.
There's no one more painfully aware of my issues than me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good mix of decent discs ODRB The Marketplace 9 07-23-2015 11:45 PM
Good Disc to Teach Good Form JonCatch Technique & Strategy 55 03-23-2013 10:04 PM
Help with form part two!!!! Phantom Discs Technique & Strategy 5 07-11-2012 12:49 AM
Decent stuff, decent prices. Older Crush, Flash, 1st Runs and random throwers Homie Dog The Marketplace 0 06-13-2012 10:00 PM
ElementZ's Form Part II ElementZ Form Analysis/Critique 1 03-12-2012 09:20 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.