Old 05-22-2015, 01:51 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Today's the day to get t he dragon stamps. Dgc and community have them up. I got 1 at each.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2015, 02:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 12
Niced 101 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Ok so apparently I need an Atom...
Old 05-27-2015, 11:36 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Received a 145 Fireball instead of the Photon I ordered. Still extremely pleased.

It follows about the same line as my Wrath, but will get me a deeper fade. Still dialing it in, but extremely happy with it so far.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 208 Times in 131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phule77 View Post
Received a 145 Fireball instead of the Photon I ordered. Still extremely pleased.

It follows about the same line as my Wrath, but will get me a deeper fade. Still dialing it in, but extremely happy with it so far.
Haha! I like how you're just rolling with it.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:14 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 11
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

First time throwing the Fireball today.
I had some great shots, mostly FH over 200'. I used to throw a Motion, then a Tesla for this shot.

I didn't get considerably more distance from the Motion than my Resistor.

The Tesla had great HSS and better distance but flew too straight sometimes, getting me into a habit of throwing with a little bit of hyzer to avoid the dreaded anny FH that ends up left of center.. For sure a L shaped flight.

ENTER FIREBALL. Consistent release for days. It started fading right out of the hand, but didn't really ever have a point where it faded any harder, almost like a clock with a continuous second hand. With that added trust i was getting comparable distance to the Tesla with more accuracy. it got to the point where i was throwing second shots with it and just parking upshots.

Super happy with the feel too. You could have told me it was stock soft neutron and i would have believed you. Two thumbs up from this guy.
Old 06-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 38 Times in 23 Posts

I've got a couple rounds in with a 155g Fireball the last couple days.

First, this thing is plenty beefy for me and will fill out the OS portion of my bag, kicking out a 171 XXX that I use on super windy days and a poorly dyed (mostly black) Firebird that I use the rest of the time. It's somewhere between those two in how OS it is. Given how light it is I'm stunned at how well it fought the wind.

Forehand shots seem to be this disc's forte. My forehand is fairly poor, but is improving as I concentrate more on it. This disc lets me make mistakes in form without punishing me unduly for them, and is OS enough that I can rip a forehand hard and not worry about it failing to finish to the right of it's original line. In other words it's OAT friendly and a torque monkey's dream, but even the guys I play with who have good forehands commented on how well it flew for them.

Backhand it's great for hyzers and shots that must finish left. We'll see what it's like when it breaks in, but it's definitely flying different lines than my Resistor did even when it was fresh so I'm looking forward to them complimenting each other nicely.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:21 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 41
Niced 695 Times in 394 Posts

I loved the 172 and 155 I threw this past weekend but as I said in the PIF thread I doubt it kicks Banshees (loved for years) and whatever maxD OS driver I have in the bag at any given time (currently Stiletto). Fireballs have like negative glide and even with a torqued over flex shot they just died. I can get my Craves out significantly farther than the Fireball
Old 06-03-2015, 03:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 21
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

I got a 176 Dragon stamp Fireball the day they came out and I've gotten quite a few rounds in using it. I took out my 172 Resistor to try it out.

Most likely because it's a higher speed but it's easier for me to throw than the Resistor. It goes farther easier but it has a lot of glide on the fade. The fade is also a really forward fade. It's helped me hit some nice lines that my other discs don't do as well at. It also has the most skip of any disc I've used.

On the other hand I used my Resistor a lot on sidearm upshots and it's fade was a very hard fade. I use this shot a lot and so far it's more difficult using the Fireball. I'm going to keep the Fireball in for another couple of months to really test it and then decide if I want a Resistor or the Fireball.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:53 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,170 Times in 593 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
I loved the 172 and 155 I threw this past weekend but as I said in the PIF thread I doubt it kicks Banshees (loved for years) and whatever maxD OS driver I have in the bag at any given time (currently Stiletto). Fireballs have like negative glide and even with a torqued over flex shot they just died. I can get my Craves out significantly farther than the Fireball
Interesting that you find them glideless. IMO, the Fireball has great glide, especially for an OS disc.

Old 06-03-2015, 04:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 122
Niced 559 Times in 344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
I can get my Craves out significantly farther than the Fireball
That's no surprise. Neutral fairways go a lot further than OS drivers, unless you're good at throwing flex shots with the latter. Craves are one of my longest discs period.