Old 08-13-2017, 06:47 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 142 Times in 86 Posts
Default Axiom Clash vs. Prodigy F2 vs. Innova Eagle

I recently threw my 168g proton Axiom Clash into a river, and am trying to decide if I should get another, or replace it with something else. What I liked about the disc is it could flip up to flat easily when thrown with a slight hyzer and would have a long straight flight before having a late, but sharp and reliable fade at the end.

Based on infinite discs numbers, I've narrowed it down to a clash, 400s Prodigy F2 or star/g star Innova eagle. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with all of these discs and can give some comparisons and recommendations.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2017, 07:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 292 Times in 191 Posts

400S F2 won't have much flip when new really. If you throw it hard and flat, it will have a little wiggle to the right, but it won't pop up really. 750 plastic is a little less stable, still won't really pop up.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-13-2017, 08:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 44
Niced 666 Times in 389 Posts

My experience with a (proto) 400S F2 was that it didn't have any flip initially (flew a lot like a Teebird), but developed some turn pretty quickly. I'd say it flew pretty similarly to an Eagle after a few rounds. I don't have any experience with the Clash, but I think either the F2 (with a little wear) or an Eagle could fly the line you describe. Then again, if you loved your Clash, a new Clash is probably the best replacement unless you just want to try something new.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:59 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 142 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
Then again, if you loved your Clash, a new Clash is probably the best replacement unless you just want to try something new.
That's pretty much what it is. I did love that clash, but I've been trying out new brands lately, and haven't tried anything from Prodigy yet. I've heard people talk about how great feeling the plastic is, so I'm interested to try it. If it feels anything like Kastaplasts K1 plastic I'd be all over it. And if it only takes a few rounds to beat in like an Eagle I could handle that.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 29
Niced 208 Times in 131 Posts

Prodigy plastic does feel nice, though I can't say they are the most consistent. A friend of mine has 3 F5s, and all of them fly differently, ranging from overstable to understable. If you don't mind the gamble, it's worth a shot, but it's hard to go wrong with an Eagle, and if you already liked the Clash, well, it's hard to go wrong with that as well.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 580 Times in 426 Posts

I have thrown all 3 for a while each.....My personal taste say go Star Eagle. I didn't love the Clash, F2 is fine I suppose but theres just something about the Eagle. I don't bag one anymore but I think its one of the best fairway discs for overall use.

Get what you want, if you find a sweet clash or f2 youll be fine. I think Eagle has more fade than all of them tho, so depends on what you want out of it

Old 08-15-2017, 12:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 580 Times in 426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audible Vibration View Post
I recently threw my 168g proton Axiom Clash into a river, and am trying to decide if I should get another, or replace it with something else. What I liked about the disc is it could flip up to flat easily when thrown with a slight hyzer and would have a long straight flight before having a late, but sharp and reliable fade at the end.

Based on infinite discs numbers, I've narrowed it down to a clash, 400s Prodigy F2 or star/g star Innova eagle. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with all of these discs and can give some comparisons and recommendations.
Honestly sounds like you want a Neutron Volt around 171-174g

It feels comfortable, flips up to flat or can turn a LITTLE bit if you zip it. Hooks up nicely in the end. Overall I really like the volts, its like a Beat up Teebird that just GOES

Old 09-13-2017, 12:40 PM
Par Member

Niced 54 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
Honestly sounds like you want a Neutron Volt around 171-174g

It feels comfortable, flips up to flat or can turn a LITTLE bit if you zip it. Hooks up nicely in the end. Overall I really like the volts, its like a Beat up Teebird that just GOES
I really like the Volt. I have them in four different plastics. Heavier Neutron, Proton and Eclipse are reliably overstable, while lighter Fission models can turn or go dead straight with a reliable finish.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:12 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 124
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 736 Times in 343 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audible Vibration View Post
What I liked about the disc is it could flip up to flat easily when thrown with a slight hyzer and would have a long straight flight before having a late, but sharp and reliable fade at the end.
For an Eagle X (any Eagle produced currently) it will take a little bit of seasoning to get the flip-up that you mention. However, Eagle X definitely has the sharp fade at the end.

The Eagle L mold is OOP, but it is much better suited to that hyzer-flip, dead straight flight you mention. This is my go-to disc for tunnel shots. If thrown low and level with the correct nose angle it can be made to finish straight, although it's also easy to get fade at the end by putting a little more loft on the disc.

From what I've heard, Leopard3 and FD are similar in flight to the Eagle L, and both of those molds are cheaper/easier to find now-a-days.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 136
Niced 238 Times in 102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBot View Post
From what I've heard, Leopard3 and FD are similar in flight to the Eagle L, and both of those molds are cheaper/easier to find now-a-days.
I've tried both to replace the Eagle but the discs I have are not that close to what my Eagle was - FD was too flippy and the Leo3 doesn't have the range or stability.

So I have started finding Eagle-X's in used bins, they fly more like Eagle-L's IMO.