Old 09-21-2018, 11:42 PM

Courses Played: 9
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Heat in New Esp is Rad!

Protype 173g Heat (bought used)was awesome- Would flip and do a a lil dance before slight fade back.(1st disc I ever threw pass 350 on flat ground)

164g St. Patricks day Shady Oaks z Heat was too flippy/inpredictable. Don't know if was the weight or run/fluke?

174 glo esp Heat flew just about as stable as my 171 champion sidewinder(broke in)and with similar glide.

171g champion sidewinder bought used and could throw 90-100% and would flip/turn like a -2 2 always had a big skip left (RHBH)at the end Had really good control.

My bro found a 166 elite x heat and it had super dome and when thrown on a hyzer it would flip too much but was good for tailwinds.

Just bought a 2018 173g ESP Heat with the flight #s and this one is money. Easy to flip brand new but not too flippy with great glide. This one reminds me of the prototype heat or a perfect broke in Star Sidewinder!

If you like the heat and sidewinder but want more distance and love throwing hyzer flips try a Gstar prototype Daedalus. This disc is stupid flippy for a 13 speed. The Gstar makes it easier to grip the wide rim.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2018, 06:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 252 Times in 164 Posts

Funny, have thrown both in the last week, although the Sidewinder was DX, and the Heat was X/FLX.

I thought they both flew well.

Just get both and try for yourself. Solid molds.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:32 PM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

One of my favorites is an Ace Race proto Heat. It has a nice gentle right turn. I bought a Z later, but it wasn't nearly the same disc, much more flippy.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:41 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 513 Times in 330 Posts

I have found the speed 9 trilogy stuff to be a great alternative to the understable Innova-molded speed 9s. With the Escape and Saint on the more stable side, then the Hatchet and Underworld (speed 7) on the less stable side. People like the Falchion too but it feels too shallow for me.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 194
Niced 1,777 Times in 1,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
I have found the speed 9 trilogy stuff to be a great alternative to the understable Innova-molded speed 9s. With the Escape and Saint on the more stable side, then the Hatchet and Underworld (speed 7) on the less stable side. People like the Falchion too but it feels too shallow for me.
forget about the fury

Niced: (1)
Old 09-24-2018, 03:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 513 Times in 330 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
forget about the fury
I will say that I found the Fury to be like throwing through pudding. It's slowed down by the blunt rim, I think. That being said, reliably hyzer flips at lower power in opto.

Old 09-24-2018, 05:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 124
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 736 Times in 343 Posts

Heat wing is more like a Roadrunner wing. They are both very flat on the bottom portion of the wing, although Heat may have a slight noticeable bead. Or maybe that's just flashing.

Sidewinder wing is more concave on the bottom, so that may seem more comfortable in the hand if you're used to throwing Valks. The SW achieves its understability with lower wing height. SW and Valk are also "old school" molds so there are more of them out there in nicer old plastics (PFN, etc.)

Any of these discs may be flippier than the others depending on plastic, wear, etc.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:34 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 215 Times in 142 Posts

A heavier 170-175g production run Z heat is an incredibly versatile disc. Never thrown a sidewinder, but I have thrown an echo star roadrunner which is similar to the heat, maybe just a little more flippy.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:49 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 46
Niced 97 Times in 76 Posts

Just wanted to say that the Eagle [EX] and Heat complement each other nicely.

Old 09-25-2018, 08:42 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 171 Times in 80 Posts

I have been throwing a Sidewinder for a bit, Star 167, and with my arm I can get a mild to medium turn from it and outside of a headwind, it always fades back. I've been wanting to replace it with a Heat, I'm friends with the local Discraft rep and can easily get ones from him, couple that with Discraft being a little more consistent it just makes sense to bag a Heat.

So far I have only tried a Z FLX and an ESP (one with the flight numbers) both around 168. The Z FLX actually flies like a Teebird for me, it's pretty stable, I like the disc, just not what I was looking for. The ESP is a lot less stable than the Z FLX and less stable than my Sidewinder, thrown flat it will turn and hold it almost to the ground, requires a little hyzer and pop to get a full flight. I compared the PLH on both of these and they were identical, both have the flat top after the shoulder ends and look almost identical but fly very different.

Hope to try the Big Z next and see how that fares.

Also, does anyone else say "Trogdor Burninate!!!" when pulling the Heat out of the bag?