Old 03-04-2019, 06:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,024 Times in 593 Posts

So, this site is claiming that a Deputy is a low profile putter. Is this so? It's been a while since I tried one, but I remember it being Aviar depth. I'm curious how accurate this site is.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2019, 07:11 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 243 Times in 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
So, this site is claiming that a Deputy is a low profile putter. Is this so? It's been a while since I tried one, but I remember it being Aviar depth. I'm curious how accurate this site is.
Yeah the site isn't 100% accurate. Also I feel like depth of a putter can be somewhat subjective. I've felt different putters that share the same dimensions according to the PDGA but one still feels more shallow than the other.

From what I remember the deputy is similar depth to an aviar but due to the design it felt lower profile in the hand.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-05-2019, 10:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 30
Niced 673 Times in 332 Posts

Deputy definitely feels lower-profile in the hand to me than Aviars & Wardens, for instance.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 27
Niced 415 Times in 252 Posts

Well count me as a data point that's impressed by that site. I plugged in my desired parameters in a workhorse putter:
-starts out overstable
-feels low profile
-works for all facets of driving, approaching, and putting
-bead is negotiable
-at least average glide or better, don't want a brick for my workhorse putter mold

The website spit out only two potential putters for me based on those parameters, one of them being the Envy. Mind you, I've been been driving and approaching with Envies for over a year and this winter have started switching over to putting with them as well. So color me impressed.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 86
Niced 283 Times in 151 Posts

Agreed, I put in all of my desired characteristics and it spit out “Wizard.” I’ve been putting with Wizards for 15 years, so my preferences are a little biased. But still, it was accurate. Seemed to make good suggestions based on slight adjustments.

I believe with enough time you can make anything feel comfortable. I wasn’t that comfortable with Wizards at first, but I just kept practicing. Eventually I just got used to it.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:14 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzzChief View Post
Agreed, I put in all of my desired characteristics and it spit out “Wizard.” I’ve been putting with Wizards for 15 years, so my preferences are a little biased. But still, it was accurate. Seemed to make good suggestions based on slight adjustments.

I believe with enough time you can make anything feel comfortable. I wasn’t that comfortable with Wizards at first, but I just kept practicing. Eventually I just got used to it.
Yeah I put in my preferences and it came out with the Discraft Putt'r a disc I used before Magnet. Putt'r is the bast disc I have thrown except they get concave due to the Soft X after it breaks in a tad for the Putt'r and the disc looses all glide. If a different plastic not Jawbreaker was available for the Putt'r I would be using that putter instead. I had to find since I do not like the nose and how sharp it is to the edge on the Pole Cat, want it rounded but not a really deep lid like the Rattler, Birdie or the Upshot so I was going to get the Putt'r a new disc in 2005 until I won a pick of a Disc from a tournament for coming in second in my division. I had seen how a Magnet glided like most Lid discs though more stable and brother had a Magnet lying around.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:49 PM

I wonder how many putters are next diameter size up, 21.7 cm that allows for a 180 Gram max? I can think of the One putter from Diamond Discs or whatever they are called now that their only disc they make/made is next size up. I think the Caltrop is the next diameter up but not sure from what I remember YouTube Disc Golf Nerd saying. Are their others? I can not really think of any and to me it seems that a next up diameter 21.7 cm size could make for a more glide putter if the mold is that of a more common putter shape, including lid style.

Old 03-05-2019, 06:58 PM

for above post, the 10 meeter Crossfire is I think the next size up as it is the 21.7 cm diameter sized version of the Rubber Putter or Aero type disc.