Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 166
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,229 Times in 1,044 Posts

My putter-shot repertoire:

Go straight? Ion (any plastic)
Go straight but fade decidedly? N Envy
Flip to flat straight? Ion (I don't finesse putters though)
Flip to turnover? DX Polecat
Go straight but end right decidedly? N Envy thrown FH

I don't really shape lines with a classic, workable putter like you'd use a PA4, Magic, Deputy, etc for. I don't have to b/c I've gotten good enough at FH to flick a putter for most of those holes b/c that's particularly useful in the woods where gap hitting and footing is at a premium. The Polecat is my finesse go-to when a hole is so short and left to right that flicking a putter would be a little much. So I'm probably not that helpful in this thread.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 02-12-2019, 11:25 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 166
Niced 2,229 Times in 1,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Never thrown a Tangent.

Axis is a FAST mid. Buzzz is a fast mid. They're relatively interchangeable and the differences in design and feel (aside from dat gyro) are negligible. The capability of being able to power down an Axis is irrelevant. The Squall is also 1.3 rim width and is considered a tweener, the Kaxe is 1.5 and is wrongfully called a mid from time to time, the Truth is 1.5, etc etc. How is a 1.5 Truth less like a 1.6 Leopard and more like a 1.2 Stingray? The Spider is also 1.3 but is a slower mid by design (more narrow diameter helps this compared to the wide Buzzz and Axis, as well as wing shape and bead).

All this "anything that isn't a Warship or Truth is slow" is nonsense.

NOW. Back to hyzerflipping putters! Magnet or Clutch (Magnet clone) have been doing this for me for over a decade! But really anything can work so find something that feels comfortable, isn't too beefy, and break it in. Or find one that's comfortable and understable off the shelf and put it in your bag (recommend the break in personally).
You're right. The Axis is a quick mid. The Tangent and Alias are MVP's mids that fly like putters. They are Roc, Comet, i.e. classic speed 4 mid-range slow, if not slower.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:28 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I only went the mid route for the MVP discs because I find MVP mids like the Axis and Tangent because I found them to be fast-putter/slow-mid like, as opposed to many mids that are more glidey and faster. I posted before that when I take an all-MVP/Axiom bag to the course, I use their mids where I would throw Innova/Trilogy putt/approach discs.
Well Innova has slower and putter shaped midrange that work for approach shot, the Shark Comes to mind as does the Skeeter for this shot both domed disc that work for approach due to the putter like glide and float these discs have. I could with the case of those disc see a player using them as there actual putter in a DX plastic. Other Innova discs like the Gator and Spider that have a more putter shape to the nose can work for approach shot. I have seen players I am related to that use those discs molds a Spider for a putter and approch shot or used to in the case of the Gator player because they have a blunt nose. The Gator player still uses his MF Gator as an approach disc.

I do see though that the Colt, Mirage, Dart as well as the Hydra Could work as an approach disc as they are faster almost putter like midrange discs, though out of the discs I mentioned the Hydra is most putter like of the bunch.