Old 08-09-2019, 01:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 59
Niced 136 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
It is popular in Midwest or Upper Prairie states sure but not as much as one might think, I see people using the MVP/Axiom putter that is closest to a Wizard more and more due to the fact that MVP/Axiom is about the second or third closest company to Where I livein Pierre South Dakota that does not make gimmick discs like Quest AT. Back in the 2000's lots of people Used a Lighting disc or two due to the fact they were also a Plains state now not so much since the brand is OOP they think the discs when a mold sells out of discs on GGGT that mold will be gone forever. Now The Swedish Trilogy and the MVP trilogy are becoming the most popular. Fewer and fewer players use Discraft due to Dynamic Discs but a number in my area still use Innova molds and Millennium, well mostly the Hyzerbomb discs due to those discs being the only thing one can buy in my area for actual discs. The least popular mold that people use is in my area is the #2 Upshotor U-2 as I am the only one who uses the mold, though you see others using the Colt or the MVP/Axiom disc similar to the U-2 quite regularly. A few have started using the Bullfrog a similar flight to the Judge only due to the fact the disc is available right away to buy.
Casey stumbled upon the answer, because they were available.

I’m biased and think there good throwers. I like that they’re lower profile than the ions and wizards before them. BT Hard and Med change like every other manufacturer but the quality remains high across the runs keeping old faithfuls happy while attracting newbs who tend to buy the most plastic.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 08-09-2019, 01:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,820 Times in 1,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ontheline View Post

I’m biased and think there good throwers. I like that they’re lower profile than the ions and wizards before them. BT Hard and Med change like every other manufacturer but the quality remains high across the runs keeping old faithfuls happy while attracting newbs who tend to buy the most plastic.
I applaud you for making it to the end of one of Casey's posts.

Old 08-09-2019, 11:51 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 51
Niced 282 Times in 177 Posts

I putt Judges. I could switch to a PA3 comfortably. They are both shallow, straight beaded putters. They feel good in the hand cuz their shape, IMO, not as rounded as a wizard. I can’t seem to throw them. Still too deep for that, I think.

I think they grew in popularity and DD capitalized by offering them in different plastics, stamps, etc. And now they maintain that (with the statistical evidence provided by Infinite; none of the anecdotal “they aren’t popular in my back yard” stuff).

Is what it is, I guess. There are a lot of disc golfer that, believe it or not, aren’t on DGCR, so it’s hard to say with any certainty!

Niced: (3)
Old 08-10-2019, 10:08 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:

Nice For making it through my long A$$ post.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Only on the weekends

They are similar, just as the Wizard is similar to the Big Bead or PA3, Clozer, or

My point is that without Innova, DG wouldn't be where we are today.
And DGA to bring the modern basket. Otherwise we might be using various tone pole styles as the target to hole out from the manufactures.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:

I can see why the Judge is or was popular from your post, they came in multiple consistent plastic, something with the Wizard it is hard to find. Then with Discraft having the Focus (a Discraft Wizard like Disc) in only a Soft X and the Pro D for the longest time before Jawbreaker came out, did not and still might not offer enough plastic types to satisfy players and fact the Focus was a bit more neutral then a Wizard compared to a Judge. This is also why the Ion is not popular the limited plastic types for the disc, but among MVP/Axiom players that want a Wizard like disc, they are popular.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 08-10-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Old 08-14-2019, 09:53 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 12
Niced 50 Times in 30 Posts

The judge is a great do it all putter across their plastic lines. I could easily fill all my putting needs with a classic (putting), beat classic (stable/understable throwing) and lucid/deco for stable throwing. I ultimately switched to a warden for my putting putters as I prefer beadless but I can still putt with my classic judge if need be just fine. My classic judge is nicely beat in and flies dead nuts straight for me out to 250 on less than full power. Full power and it gives me a nice understable flight without turning and burning.

I also bag a decodye marshall for my more stable throwing putter duties. Played a tight wooded course a few weeks ago and the marshall and judge were awesome on the level or slightly down hill tunnel shots.