Old 09-21-2019, 02:21 PM

Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default Cheapest way to ship?

I have a bunch of stuff (F2's and a few stock), some field tested, some never thrown.
I always buy in quantities of 10 to get the bulk discount from the innova factory store, so most of the time I'm only paying 7/8 dollars for premium plastic.
And if I can come close to breaking even on the stuff I don't want i'd be more than happy.
Popular molds. No BS (not scamming)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2019, 06:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 311
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,149 Times in 1,065 Posts

Cheapest way to ship depends on how many discs your shipping.

I've found the cheapest way to ship 1 or 2 is using 1st class, selecting the "thick envelope" option using Ship Now on Pay Pal.

USPS Click n Ship first allow that option.

If you're shipping a 4-6, some of the flat rate boxes might be cost effective. There's a flat rate Priority Mail padded envelope that can fit three discs for $8 even, but they're only available online from the USPS website. Unlike the flat rate boxes, the padded mailers aren't available at your local post office.

But the good news is, the $8 flat rate padded mailers are free! and even though they say priority mail right on them, I've printed 1st class labels as thick envelope and used them without a problem.

The cheapest way to ship more discs than can fit in a flat rate box is probably shipping USPS as a package, and paying by weight.
Old 09-21-2019, 07:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Correction:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
USPS Click n Ship first 1st class doesn't allow that option.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:20 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 108 Times in 63 Posts

Also, look at the rate on the Regional B box from the US post office through the PayPal link. The Regional B box will hold 9 discs nicely and can be a cheaper option depending on distance then a Medium Flat Rate in some cases which will hold 10 discs.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:24 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.3
Courses Played: 1
Niced 89 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Cheapest way to ship depends on how many discs your shipping.

I've found the cheapest way to ship 1 or 2 is using 1st class, selecting the "thick envelope" option using Ship Now on Pay Pal.https://www.paypal.com/shipnow

USPS Click n Ship first allow that option.

If you're shipping a 4-6, some of the flat rate boxes might be cost effective. There's a flat rate Priority Mail padded envelope that can fit three discs for $8 even, but they're only available online from the USPS website. Unlike the flat rate boxes, the padded mailers aren't available at your local post office.

But the good news is, the $8 flat rate padded mailers are free! and even though they say priority mail right on them, I've printed 1st class labels as thick envelope and used them without a problem.

The cheapest way to ship more discs than can fit in a flat rate box is probably shipping USPS as a package, and paying by weight.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:13 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 447 Times in 201 Posts

Quote:
There's a flat rate Priority Mail padded envelope that can fit three discs for $8 even, but they're only available online from the USPS website. Unlike the flat rate boxes, the padded mailers aren't available at your local post office.
You talking about the flat rate bubble mailers? Could availability be a regional thing? I get them from local post offices regularly. Good option for shipping 3 drivers or two putters. Unless someone specifically wants a box, that's what I use.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Those are exactly what I'm talking about.
I suppose it could be regional, or maybe even just specific post offices that stock them. All I know is, none of the post offices around here carry them. Consider yourself lucky that your local branch does.

I order a 10 pack online when I run out, and I have free bubble mailers when I need them. When I get a call back on a lost disc, I preprint a 1st class label for 8oz to my addy and attach. Then print a cheaper label for a lower weight (maybe 2oz?... I just weigh it at the time), and stuff the return mailer in the outgoing mailer.

Makes it easy-peasy for good samaritans to return my disc. Costs me about $5.