Old 02-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Business Cards

Lately I've had a lot of people stop me on the course and talk about my dyes discs. Normally I try and direct them to DGCR to get a hold of me, but I am thinking now that it may not be a bad idea to just get some cards printed up and keep them in my bag. Have some time between my next 7 commissions to mess around so I used a bunch of scrap vinyl to make up an image and logo for a business card. Not perfect and got bleeds because I relaid the pieces of vinyl so many times, but what do you guys think? Any criticism would be helpful.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

When i started my business a couple years ago i used vista print. totally designed the entire card (front and back myself). You can upload any images and put them on the card too. It's an aquarium/pond service company so i put a pic of my personal reef tank on the front of the cards and they came out great.

Def check em out. I had them print it on the high-gloss/high-color paper and for the image being so small they really look sharp. Got 2 thousand cards, couple sticky note pads, and a dozen fridge magnets for something like $35.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks man, I was actually looking into Vista print so it's good to know they do good work there. I don't need anything as elaborate as all that, but the fridge magnets are a good idea too. I have a few more images to work out but I am liking this one the best so far, but maybe have the entire background patterned with the small trees, might transfer better to card form that way.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 8
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Lopan once found this really good disc golf themed business card template on some website. You might want to ask him if he can track it down. They were pretty cheap too, if I remember correctly.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 311
Niced 2,149 Times in 1,065 Posts

As for feedback on your actual design: Overall, I like it, but don't love it.

Love the font you selected for the words "custom dyes," ... looks kind of Yes album artsy, Lord of the Rings'ish.
I also like the ND logo in the middle.

I can't knock all the pine trees, they add something and as all discers know, are part of the game, but to be perfectly honest, they look too neat as well as duplicated and repetitive.

Just a suggestion, but might you consider just using one larger, more gnarly looking and imposing tree? Admitedly more intricate, but I'm thinking it might be easier to draw that for a business card than it is to dye it on a disc.

My thought being, if you're printing cards for a business that is all about creativity and expressing one's self, then the cards need to be something different. Dark & wicked looking might go over better than those crisp, clean looking pines. Just my $0.02 worth.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 02-05-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 51
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Print a mini scorecard on the back of your business cards. Even if just a 9-hole card, it's something to make people think twice about throwing it away.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Vistaprint is awesome.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 1341
Niced 610 Times in 237 Posts

cards in the shape of a mini? or the shape of a basket? printed on an actual usable mini? I know I have minis advertising different local retailers, if they had been cards I wouldn't still have them.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 74
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj1001 View Post
Vistaprint is awesome.
250 cards for $10

Old 02-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I was actually toying with that idea of one large tree. The only thing I am set on is the font and the ND logo. I just got a sampling of 250 free cards from Vista print so we will see what they look like/quality and I think I'll go from there. Also had another logo design where the oval is not complete and turns into a disc over the top of the N. Really appreciate all the help and input. Also love the scorecard idea, definitely gonna use that one Dsplayname!