Old 05-03-2019, 02:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 513 Times in 330 Posts

Can someone with more experience with Trilogy tell me what a good step up from an Escape would be? Looking for a true distance driver but not warp speed and wide rimmed.

The flow, renegade, and trespass seem like prime suspects. One thing I like about the Escape is that it molds up differently across plastics, so I can get a nice S out of a Bio or Fuzion, and then throw a moonshine or even a Getaway and get the same glide with solid HSS.

Extra points for a disc that slots in well next to a similar feeling and flying but more beefy OS bookend disc, and the same for a more US disc. I would probably continue to bag a Star Mamba for flippy needs.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2019, 03:10 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 65 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Can someone with more experience with Trilogy tell me what a good step up from an Escape would be? Looking for a true distance driver but not warp speed and wide rimmed.

The flow, renegade, and trespass seem like prime suspects. One thing I like about the Escape is that it molds up differently across plastics, so I can get a nice S out of a Bio or Fuzion, and then throw a moonshine or even a Getaway and get the same glide with solid HSS.

Extra points for a disc that slots in well next to a similar feeling and flying but more beefy OS bookend disc, and the same for a more US disc. I would probably continue to bag a Star Mamba for flippy needs.
You'd be happy with the Trespass - readily available in all types of plastic. It's a definite step up in both speed and stability from an Escape.

My favorite in that slot is the Sword: they just bomb.

Niced: (2)
Old 05-03-2019, 11:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,590 Times in 1,647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post

I've only thrown a few Escapes, but I agree with the Trespass as a natural step up in speed. You can definitely have a difference in stability between them, from pop up and glide to sweep fade, to ones that are turnover bombers. They power down very easily for being a speed 12ish driver.

I also agree that the Sword is very similar in flight characteristics to the Trespass, generally on the less stable end of them from the ones that I have thrown.
Old 05-04-2019, 10:10 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 65 Times in 41 Posts

Interesting fact: while the Trespass is rated as speed 12, and Escape as speed 9, their rims are almost the same width: 2.1 for the Trespass, 2.0 for the Escape.

So in the Innova universe, it would be more like moving from a speed 10 to 11.

Last edited by TerryTuffskins; 05-04-2019 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-04-2019, 10:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 673 Times in 531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryTuffskins View Post
Interesting fact: while the Trespass is rated as speed 12, and Escape as speed 9, their rims are almost the same width: 2.1 for the Trespass, 2.0 for the Escape.

So in the Innova universe, it would be more like moving from a speed 10 to 11.
The Trespass rim is noticeably shallower than the Escape's. Hence the added speed.

Its like a Katana vs. a Boss. They have the same width rim, but the Katana's is way shallower. Innova says they're both speed 13, but a Katana easily flies faster than a Boss.

Old 06-25-2019, 03:17 PM

Courses Played: 26
Niced 17 Times in 9 Posts

sorry if this is explained in here but i read a bunch of the pages and did not see a breakdown. How is Fuzion Escape in terms of dome and stability compared to lucid and bio fuzion?

My lucid is domey and more stable. So i like to forehand my biofuzion one because it is flatter but i wish it was as stable as my lucid. So i was wondering of magically the fuzion escape is flat like bio and more stable like lucid.