Old 08-04-2020, 02:44 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 178
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 979 Times in 438 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcough View Post
I wish my DX Rocs would season faster. For me, it takes at least a year of use to even notice a difference in flight, but I don’t hit many trees.
Buying used is the best thing you can do but us roc throwers dont let go of used ones too often so you kinda have to get lucky and find one on FB or at PIAS.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2020, 03:00 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 175 Times in 95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrosscrx View Post
I noticed you list the Buzz and Comet in your sig line.

Personally, I'm getting impatient cycling Rocs to fill the understable role. It would take a very patient man to get something like a Z Wasp there.
Yeah my buzz is typically for lower line strait to slight turn shots, and use the comet when I can put a little more air on it and hold a line forever. Also great for turnovers.
My Z Wasp is about 2 years old and still has plenty of fade. I love it! I can pretty much throw it as hard as I want with 0 turn.
I do have a couple JB Wasps which are dead strait, and will start using those for the hyzer-flips/turnovers soon. They'll likely replace my Buzzz.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,910 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcough View Post
I wish my DX Rocs would season faster. For me, it takes at least a year of use to even notice a difference in flight, but I don’t hit many trees.
I take a few to the local wooded courses and play best shot doubles by myself. They get knocked around a bit and get natural wear. It's a fun way to practice and once you get used to them, they make fairly decent putters too. It's also a fun way to break up monotony.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-04-2020, 04:22 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 40 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
I take a few to the local wooded courses and play best shot doubles by myself. They get knocked around a bit and get natural wear. It's a fun way to practice and once you get used to them, they make fairly decent putters too. It's also a fun way to break up monotony.
Might I suggest worst shot doubles? It's my new thing at the home course and it's really helped my consistency off the tee. A line's only a good line if you can hit it twice.

Old 08-04-2020, 04:31 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 694 Times in 315 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
Buying used is the best thing you can do but us roc throwers dont let go of used ones too often so you kinda have to get lucky and find one on FB or at PIAS.
I gave a couple of my used Rocs away to some new players at my local course (have backups in similar stages of wear.) Hope they come to appreciate those Rocs. Or maybe I'll get good karma and the next time I hit chains with a Roc it will stick instead of splashing out.

Old 08-04-2020, 04:41 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,117 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrosscrx View Post
I live about 2 miles from one, but they don't carry discs. It is next door to a fantastic disc golf store (Pluto Sports, Knoxville TN) that is very involved in the local dg community, so I don't know if that decision is out of respect or just a coincidence.

I'm definitely keeping my eyes open on the local market, though.
Might not be respect but that PIAS might have tried to sell discs and did not make enough to justify keeping the discs in stock, sold them to the Pluto Sports.

Old 08-04-2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
I Will second that the Innova DX ROC makes a great long approach putter if still OS but if beat in the Same disc will make a great long approach putter if running everything.

Old 08-04-2020, 05:03 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 694 Times in 315 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I Will second that the Innova DX ROC makes a great long approach putter if still OS but if beat in the Same disc will make a great long approach putter if running everything.
Many times I have stepped up to the lie where my Roc landed and missed the putt, then picked up the Roc and made the putt I just missed. I have always chalked it up to some combination of making the adjustment and getting out of my own head and simply throwing a disc to the target without overthinking it.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaROCaM View Post
Many times I have stepped up to the lie where my Roc landed and missed the putt, then picked up the Roc and made the putt I just missed. I have always chalked it up to some combination of making the adjustment and getting out of my own head and simply throwing a disc to the target without overthinking it.
Sorry for the disc drift but I do the same with a Shark half the time.

Old 08-04-2020, 07:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.2
Courses Played: 92
Niced 742 Times in 375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ormal View Post
...Some of the newer KC Pro plastic is too stiff and slick for me.
I only have one KC Pro Roc, but shelved it because it was so slick and domey that I had a hard time holding onto it.