Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Improve Your Game > Technique & Strategy

Old 06-25-2018, 07:27 PM
Par Member

Niced 41 Times in 24 Posts

Got my teebirds out too 105 meters today,almost a soccer field. Combining tips from this forum and including the nate sexton hop really got my FH too a new level
Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2018, 10:06 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

I’ve recently started throwing a lot of forehands and am having a lot of pain right above the elbow. Does anyone know what this issue could be from? Thank you

Old 06-26-2018, 04:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,543 Times in 1,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakinwizzz View Post
I’ve recently started throwing a lot of forehands and am having a lot of pain right above the elbow. Does anyone know what this issue could be from? Thank you
Inside of the elbow, pinky finger side? If so that's golfer's elbow as a common term.

Usually seems to happen from getting the elbow way in front of the shoulder plane. Often people will turn back and swing the arm itself way back of the shoulder plane, then move the arm/elbow forward using the shoulder socket. If you video your form from the side you'll likely have an instant where the elbow is way ahead of your torso and your hand that puts the strain on your elbow.

I got this a while ago when I started throwing more FH's for power. I took some time off throwing them, like 1-2 weeks since it was minor, and learned to leverage the arm better rather than trying to snap the disc/hand at the target, which is how it felt for me when I had the elbow way too in front. I haven't had that issue since and I throw 50-75' farther FH than I used to when I got that pain.