Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 05-02-2017, 10:25 PM

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 5 Times in 4 Posts

Can anyone help with this disc? I think it's a Lat 64 Pure, but I'm not positive.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2017, 10:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.7
Courses Played: 213
Niced 328 Times in 176 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thavoc View Post
Innova metal flake distance driver, thick rim definetly speed 12-13. Not the best quality of photos but would really love to know what it is.
Hey, I played that tourney! I think the metal flake discs stamped with that tourney stamp were Destroyers. Unless my memory is failing me.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 18
Niced 560 Times in 323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbold View Post
Can anyone help with this disc? I think it's a Lat 64 Pure, but I'm not positive.
First, it is likely to have the name of the mold "engraved/embossed" on the bottom of the disc near the nipple. Second, showing just the top and bottom is going to yield little but guesses from people. We need to see a better pic of the profile to look at the wing and maybe a closeup of the bottom of the wing/rim, but not from the inside looking out, but outside looking in. Come back with more to work with and I am sure there is someone who can help.

Edit, I don't see the engraving, so it probably precedes when LAT started doing that. Even more reason for a better profile pics.

Last edited by pjhayes7; 05-03-2017 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:23 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 91 Times in 45 Posts
Default what's this?

Made by innova, marked 167, no model abbr.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20170503_14_01_53_Pro.jpg (50.9 KB, 21 views)
Old 05-03-2017, 10:50 PM

Niced 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhayes7 View Post
First, it is likely to have the name of the mold "engraved/embossed" on the bottom of the disc near the nipple. Second, showing just the top and bottom is going to yield little but guesses from people. We need to see a better pic of the profile to look at the wing and maybe a closeup of the bottom of the wing/rim, but not from the inside looking out, but outside looking in. Come back with more to work with and I am sure there is someone who can help.

Edit, I don't see the engraving, so it probably precedes when LAT started doing that. Even more reason for a better profile pics.
Thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping someone might recognize the design, because I haven't seen it before.

I took some more pictures of the profile and rim, hopefully these will be helpful.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping someone might recognize the design, because I haven't seen it before.

I took some more pictures of the profile and rim, hopefully these will be helpful.
Those are excellent pictures, and I would actually point to them as how to take pictures for this kind of question. I am sure someone who know Lat 64 stuff will be able to identify it from those.

The reason I mentioned nothing earlier about the image, is that it is likely a Dyemax image, which means it could theoretically be hundreds of discs including non Trilogy ones. I am pretty sure there are non Trilogy discs with the Dyemax images before DD stopped selling other companies discs.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Niced 456 Times in 330 Posts

Quote:
It looks like a trilogy disc and I think that it has Lat64 molded around the center of the disc.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:00 AM

Niced 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhayes7 View Post
Those are excellent pictures, and I would actually point to them as how to take pictures for this kind of question. I am sure someone who know Lat 64 stuff will be able to identify it from those.

The reason I mentioned nothing earlier about the image, is that it is likely a Dyemax image, which means it could theoretically be hundreds of discs including non Trilogy ones. I am pretty sure there are non Trilogy discs with the Dyemax images before DD stopped selling other companies discs.
I appreciate the help getting some good pictures up. I didn't realize that Dyemax was done on other brands, this makes it a lot more challenging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
It looks like a trilogy disc and I think that it has Lat64 molded around the center of the disc.
I just wanted to note that on the bottom of the disc it is stamped saying "Latitude 64", "Made in Sweden" and the disc weight "175g". Not sure if this helps.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:44 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Niced 24 Times in 19 Posts

Pdga stamped dx rancho. It looks like it has years of dirt on it but nary a scratch anywhere on it. The pdga logo is embossed-type effect.
http://imgur.com/a/3wlw8

Curious how old it may or may not be.

Last edited by Bennf; 05-04-2017 at 04:49 PM.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
I appreciate the help getting some good pictures up. I didn't realize that Dyemax was done on other brands, this makes it a lot more challenging.

I just wanted to note that on the bottom of the disc it is stamped saying "Latitude 64", "Made in Sweden" and the disc weight "175g". Not sure if this helps.
I think you are right that it is likely a Pure, and it definitely is a Lat 64 putter. But it may another beside the Pure. But what I was saying, is the dyemax image can be put on all Star/Fuzion/Tournament/Goldline type plastic. I am not sure if it was done on non Trilogy discs, but I know Dynamic used to stamp non Dynamic Discs with the DD name or logo (I have two Wizards that are stamped Dynamic Disc just like a Bar Stamped Judge would). So it stands to reason they could have done dyemax on other manufacturers discs also, but I am not positive.