Old 12-11-2014, 05:02 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,255 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scared_Discless View Post
I'm not sure where you're getting where you're getting that the value of the box will be double your investment. That said, I still really want to pull the trigger but I'm not really a collector.
First world Christmas problems
This is pretty much what kept me from ordering more. I have no need for anything faster than a Mongoose. If I get Rampages, Cannons, and Outlaws, they will be finding their way onto Facebook post haste!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2014, 05:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
This is pretty much what kept me from ordering more. I have no need for anything faster than a Mongoose. If I get Rampages, Cannons, and Outlaws, they will be finding their way onto Facebook post haste!
Life's too short - throw the high speed stuff without regard for your ability!
Old 12-11-2014, 07:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 23
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Well I talked myself into a box but they were sold out. Probably for the best - I would have predicted I would open a box with a Smedium shirt and max weight discs.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:49 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 27
Niced 115 Times in 70 Posts

I know whos filling these boxes, they will not disappoint. This isnt a gift from your grandma
Old 12-15-2014, 10:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 52
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

All I've got to say is legacy knocked another one out of the ballpark. The Outlaw is such an amazing disc. Threw it for the first time this weekend and boy am I impressed. I threw it into a 20 mph headwind and that disc held a flat line broke about 5ft right and then just finished with a forward fade. I'm definitely going to be getting back-ups.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocaholic74 View Post
All I've got to say is legacy knocked another one out of the ballpark. The Outlaw is such an amazing disc. Threw it for the first time this weekend and boy am I impressed. I threw it into a 20 mph headwind and that disc held a flat line broke about 5ft right and then just finished with a forward fade. I'm definitely going to be getting back-ups.
The Icons start out beefy, give it a couple rounds and they break in quickly initially. The -1 HSS that is advertised shows up in no time, and some hyzer is required into a headwind after its broken in.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:57 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.8
Courses Played: 37
Niced 225 Times in 135 Posts

Got an Icon Mongoose and a Pinnacle Gauge in the mail today, from the Thanksgiving Facebook giveaway. I want so badly to let these fly, why's it have to be winter?

I know hardly anything about Legacy, and have not bought a new disc in well over 5 years. With that said, going by feel alone, I would guess Icon is like Champ and Pinnacle is like grippier Star. The Mongoose almost feels like a Sidewinder to me, which would just be funny to me, since mongooses (mongeese is funner to say) eat snakes. The Gauge feels like a Meteor. If those assumptions are correct, then they could both make good replacements, as I currently bag a SW and Meteor.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:27 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 10
Niced 57 Times in 43 Posts

Icon = Starish

Pinnacle = Champ

I love that they named their Sidewinder fighter the Mongoose for the very reason you stated.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:40 AM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 51
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreemCheese View Post
Got an Icon Mongoose and a Pinnacle Gauge in the mail today, from the Thanksgiving Facebook giveaway. I want so badly to let these fly, why's it have to be winter?

I know hardly anything about Legacy, and have not bought a new disc in well over 5 years. With that said, going by feel alone, I would guess Icon is like Champ and Pinnacle is like grippier Star. The Mongoose almost feels like a Sidewinder to me, which would just be funny to me, since mongooses (mongeese is funner to say) eat snakes. The Gauge feels like a Meteor. If those assumptions are correct, then they could both make good replacements, as I currently bag a SW and Meteor.
I was a old star sidewinder thrower for YEARS.. like since i started up to this Feb when i made the switch.. the Mongoose for me is very similar to my old seasoned sw out of the box.. the bandit is closer to a fresh SW.. but fwiw i have been throwing the FR Mongoose not sure how the production differes.. the Gauge is a thing of beauty... think Mako .. or for you being a Meteor throwing it should be similar but maybe not as flippy.. I love both of those molds but fwiw i love all the Legacy molds

Niced: (1)

Old 12-17-2014, 09:52 AM

I haven't use the mongoose for anything but rollers and i get great results using it as a roller, but the FR i have are all a little too flippy out of the box for me to throw through the air. I can roll them about 425' max, and i can throw through the air with an Outlaw or Rampage 450', so its nice to have a disc i can roll those distances when i need to avoid a tree line. If you hit it just right, at the end it just stops rolling and lays over without a big curl at the end, very accurate roller disc and probably the easiest disc to roll that i have found.

I hear the new production run mongoose is a little bit more OS, but im VERY happy with my Bandits for big hyzer flips/turnovers through the air, don't see a mongoose beating out what i can do with a bandit. It would be great to have pinnacle bandits though, a touch more OS Bandit would be useful.

(According to the Steve Rico Interview a couple weeks ago)
In 2015 Legacy plans to release:
2 Putters (Assuming a beefy one like a Zone and something like a PA4 maybe)
1 Speed 12 Distance Driver, more flippy companion for the Outlaw
1 new Driver with unknown speed for the battle of the aces events, which i assume will be the speed 9 answer to the firebird fans
2 new blends of plastic they are working on, possibly to replace current blends... not sure on this one.

I also heard rumor of a Legacy Basket.. but i myself didn't hear Rico mention that in the interview.