Old 02-08-2014, 07:45 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 639 Times in 362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
i won't lie, i am thinking about putting either rivals or patriots back in my bag. probably patriots since PD's power down well. we will see. i am starting to see a need for something a little slower, perhaps. it might help with some of my control issues on the course.

i would feel weird carrying 3 different driver speeds, though...could lead to shot selection problems between a seasoned ppd and a patriot.
Hence me dropping my beloved QJLS' - I was just talking to DiscFiend about this earlier today. It's hard to tell when I should power down on an OLF/PD, power up on a Buzzz, or throw a QJ. Came to the conclusion the QJs were obsolete and throwing lower lines with the OLF or higher ones with my Buzzz would suffice. Or standstills with the OLF [PD].

Rampage or something similar as my maxD driver.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2014, 08:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 16
Niced 154 Times in 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Hence me dropping my beloved QJLS' - I was just talking to DiscFiend about this earlier today. It's hard to tell when I should power down on an OLF/PD, power up on a Buzzz, or throw a QJ. Came to the conclusion the QJs were obsolete and throwing lower lines with the OLF or higher ones with my Buzzz would suffice. Or standstills with the OLF [PD].

Rampage or something similar as my maxD driver.
exactly.

the pinnacle patriots are just so tempting, though . . . either that or i was thinking about cycling dx teebirds and leaving the PD out of it. i really don't know. i like the PD, it is doing good things for me. i just think, with the distance i've gained, i may be better served throwing a slower fairway with a little more glide instead of going with a faster disc. then i would have to worry about being able to throw a teebird 400' though, which would not be as easy as a PPD, i imagine.

patriot was the first disc i ever threw 400', so i'm not really sure. as summer rolls around i'm sure my control game will tighten up and i'll probably opt to stay with the PD/PD2 as my fairway/control/distance duo.

but dat pinnacle plastic . . . i'll always love legacy's plastic.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Traded for a Legacy Pinnacle Cannon today.. disc is flat out amazing. This was my first legacy disc, now they've got me curious~
Old 02-08-2014, 10:41 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 41
Niced 639 Times in 362 Posts

^Ever read an MVP thread? It's like that except everyone throws 100'+ farther

Seriously though, wonderful company and some really noteworthy molds.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:43 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 51
Niced 19 Times in 7 Posts

ive never bought or thrown legacy, and have nothing against the company. but i do find it funny that
when the envy was coming out, a few people were all up in arms about how mvp copied a rhyno. yet legacy putts out molds that are direct copies and they are revered. just seems like people are trying to have a cake and eat it too.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:00 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 53
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't have a problem with anyone "copying" anything...it's pretty much all been done before, hard not to do something similar. I mean Innova has a disc for literally just about every flight pattern there is. That said, there is nothing on the market like the Rampage and Cannon, and you can't beat pinnacle plastic. I mostly like legacy because of the way the present themselves as a company. There's no flash, no arrogance, no hype (as opposed to some companies who shall not be named!). Just business and letting the product speak for itself. That's the way it should be done
Old 02-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,255 Times in 629 Posts

When did people whine about MVP copying a Rhyno? People just like to whine about MVP because some of their fans are absolute d-bags about blindly following them. Please don't start this argument here. Take it to the myriad of MVP threads that are available to you.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:52 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 36
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have similar struggles to you guys with my Rivals since I carry 4 PDs. I like the Rival, and I want to keep it in my bag, but I definitely don't need it since I'm carrying all these PDs anyways.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 25
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Sort of a strange argument...Everyone seems to take a shot at their roc, or teebird etc. There is always going to be company to company overlap.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 51
Niced 19 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
When did people whine about MVP copying a Rhyno? People just like to whine about MVP because some of their fans are absolute d-bags about blindly following them. Please don't start this argument here. Take it to the myriad of MVP threads that are available to you.
not trying to derail or take anything away from legacy. i wasnt even looking for a response. just hoping people will be as open minded to their fan bias as any other company. a long shot i know

that being said, they do have some really beautiful plastic and i do the hope the company can continue to grow and please a somewhat quiet fan base.