Old 11-10-2013, 08:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 6 Times in 4 Posts

Yeah even Circle Stamp DX Vipers are only like $10-15 which is pretty good. Such a great, underrated disc.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2013, 10:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 24
Niced 22 Times in 15 Posts

My first driver was a DX Viper, and it broke in too quick unfortunately. I was so excited when Innova released the champs haha. It is one of the most valuable discs in my bag when I need a short, hard left.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 5
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I got my first ace with a viper about a month ago. The day I got it too.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 39 Times in 25 Posts

Played... uh. 11 holes today. (had to do some math )

Used my four disc bag. Only ended up throwing the Viper 3 times. Once off the tee, one long approach, and one short approach that I probably could have done with a Rhyno.

It did exactly what I wanted to every time. I'm really liking it. The only thing the Banshee has on it right now is easy to get premium plastic. Sorry Banshee

Still haven't tried it in a headwind though. It doesn't get windy that often around here.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 37
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I bought a star Viper and a star Whippet a couple months ago. I've been trying them on similar shots and I'm thinking I like the Viper more, I've had cleaner releases with the Viper.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 39
Niced 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buiscutboy View Post
Played... uh. 11 holes today. (had to do some math )

Used my four disc bag. Only ended up throwing the Viper 3 times. Once off the tee, one long approach, and one short approach that I probably could have done with a Rhyno.

It did exactly what I wanted to every time. I'm really liking it. The only thing the Banshee has on it right now is easy to get premium plastic. Sorry Banshee

Still haven't tried it in a headwind though. It doesn't get windy that often around here.
It throws almost exactly the same in a headwind, they are so damn overstable. Unless you have a DX one that wears in quite a bit.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:22 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love the new champion viper I got about a week ago(purple and blue with pink swirls). I've been using it into some stiff headwinds and still am able to throw some big hyzerbombs without worrying about flipping or not fading enough. I like it a little more that firebirds because it seems easier to range for me being that mid/fairway tweener 6 speed. I've been doing a test with it against my Resistors and they're very similar with the viper seeming to dump a little quicker and harder. Although that's not to say you can't get some good distance out of it by throwing a flex shot. Lastly I wanna add that a dx viper is perfect for straight shots that you wanna rip on and not worry about it turning over and still finishing with a gentle fade, kinda like a beat champion teebird. Such an underated disc.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quick question: Do the factory store Champ Vipers have plus rims? I was thinking about making a 75 dollar order from there, to get the free shipping, but... I dunno. I might just pass and buy a million DX Vipers if the champs are plussy.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buiscutboy View Post
Quick question: Do the factory store Champ Vipers have plus rims? I was thinking about making a 75 dollar order from there, to get the free shipping, but... I dunno. I might just pass and buy a million DX Vipers if the champs are plussy.
They aren't lat.64 or MVP "plus rimish" but it's noticeable. Holding an old circle stamp viper and a new factory store viper, there are slght differences in grip, but I haven't minded so far.

Old 11-23-2013, 02:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Well, I guess I can still get them. They're easy trades if I don't like them, anyway. I need to stock up on F2 Leopards too. I'd get F2 DX Vipers too, but they never have any.

The Viper saved my bacon a few times today. I still can't get over how far right it goes when fading instead of just diving to the ground.