Old 02-15-2019, 12:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 835 Times in 463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
Huh, you really that sold without even trying one? Watching videos of people throwing the Luna, it looks significantly more stable than a baseline Pure. I guess maybe you could work a Luna in for a while to cover the same lines eventually, but I wouldn't away put your worked in Pures just yet...
Quote:
Originally Posted by discflinger View Post
No, I am not jumping the boat, just excited about getting OOP discs out of my bag. Admittedly, I would like a tic more stability. I would get a 170 to compliment the 175; jump putts and such...

It's really more about feel in the hand. I used to putt with XDs, so I like the low profile for my release.
Get a Roach to accompany the Luna. Other than plastic, they feel nearly identical since they share a bottom. The Roach is super straight with touch, or will flip up and turn with some power. They make a good pair.
Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2019, 02:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 153
Niced 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Get a Roach to accompany the Luna. Other than plastic, they feel nearly identical since they share a bottom. The Roach is super straight with touch, or will flip up and turn with some power. They make a good pair.
For those longer putts I do like the extra glide associated with the lighter weight.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 32
Niced 358 Times in 224 Posts

I gave the Luna another try today am going to put it away. Just not clicking with it. It's a bit too thin for me to get confident releases with my fan grip & the plastic feels odd. Moving on.....

Niced: (1)
Old 02-17-2019, 09:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 34 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Not only that, jawbreaker is a good plastic compliment to the luna. I did this exact thing and when it gets cold out, the roach comes out as the putter. I also use it for up shots while the Luna’s is my main putting putter and drive off the tee putter
Old 02-18-2019, 08:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 52 Times in 39 Posts

Putting the Luna away. Going back to my pro d challengers. I've played 6 rounds with it with a lot of putting and it just doesn't hit with me. It's not the disc obviously, it feels good, goes dead straight and has a lot of glide, just not what I was looking for in a putter. I noticed a lot of strong side spit outs that I usually don't have with my challengers.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 32
Niced 358 Times in 224 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark996 View Post
Putting the Luna away. Going back to my pro d challengers. I've played 6 rounds with it with a lot of putting and it just doesn't hit with me. It's not the disc obviously, it feels good, goes dead straight and has a lot of glide, just not what I was looking for in a putter. I noticed a lot of strong side spit outs that I usually don't have with my challengers.
I got a lot of spit-outs too. I think the Luna will be more successful as a thrower in premium plastics.

Old Today, 10:12 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 70 Times in 55 Posts

Can anyone compare the flight of these to a proxy?