Old 11-26-2012, 09:00 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default DGTR Let's talk: Pay to Play; Is it the future of Disc Golf-Podcast

Let's Talk: Pay to Play! Is it really the future of Disc Golf?-Podcast
This show was an open discussion on Pay to Play. As we see more of these type courses being installed are they the future of the sport or is it the downfall of our sport as we know it?. Does pay to play mean better courses? or does pay to play go against what disc golf is supposed to be, cheap and free to play? Our panel discusses this and more on this episode.

We also talk with Brian Rogers of Inbounds Disc Golfabout his new innovative company and the New Inflight Guide.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I don't think that all courses in the future should be pay to play. I'm fine with paying a bit of money to play a course. That being said, the pay to play course should be much better than any of the free courses nearby (if there are any free courses nearby). Pay to play courses would benefit from having rental discs for new people. New people may be hesitant to buy a new disc just to see if they wanted to play, however they may get turned off if the entry fee costs more.

I think having free courses in parks or where ever is also beneficial. Sometimes I don't feel like playing a super hard course, and I just want to go play a casual round at my home course. I wouldn't play as much if all the courses were pay to play.

TLDR: Pay to play courses are fine, but public free options should be available as well.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 41
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

You can also go here to further discuss this topic.