Old 05-09-2018, 08:24 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 962 Times in 632 Posts

The flight plate of E Soft is close but the rims are a touch firmer.

Swan 2s and Atoms are my two favorite putters. I’m using Swan 2s right now but putt just as well with the Atom.

It’s a hard call to make.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 05-09-2018, 09:29 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 143 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
The flight plate of E Soft is close but the rims are a touch firmer.

Swan 2s and Atoms are my two favorite putters. I’m using Swan 2s right now but putt just as well with the Atom.

It’s a hard call to make.
Awesome! I hated the Swan 1 Reborn when I first got it because it seemed so floppy compared to my DX Aviar. But today it seemed to head straight to the center of the target every time and if it touched the chains it stuck like flypaper.

The specs on the Atoms and the Swan (1 Reborn) are almost identical....do they feel almost identical? I noticed today that what bothers me with some putters is when the angle on the rim goes too far back. The Swan 1 Reborn seems about perfect! Others like the Aviar Classic and Deputy have their rims too slanted which makes the putter feel insecure in my hand....I putt with my index finger on the rim and if the rim is too steep it feels like my finger is going to fall off the rim as I follow through with my putt.

Thanks for the input!

TripleB
Old 05-09-2018, 09:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 19
Niced 950 Times in 545 Posts

The Atom is flatter than the Swans I have handled. The Atom feels more like a blunter Pure, in my opinion.
The Pure, Atom, Envy and Particle all feel somewhat alike, even with the height differences that they have.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-09-2018, 10:14 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Niced 143 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
The Atom is flatter than the Swans I have handled. The Atom feels more like a blunter Pure, in my opinion.
The Pure, Atom, Envy and Particle all feel somewhat alike, even with the height differences that they have.
Definitely didn't want to hear that!

Love my Opto Pure for approaches. It will probably never leave my bag....between it and the Mirage I feel like I've got every approach shot covered.

But can't stand putting with it. Feels so thin that the grip feels strange, making me get the nose up at times. When I'm on with it I'm red hot but when I'm off it's ugly!!

Maybe I'll look to the Anode for a little thicker feel. Or maybe I'll look at another Swan 1 Reborn...those Bursts are beauties!

TripleB
Old 05-09-2018, 11:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 19
Niced 950 Times in 545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post

Love my Opto Pure for approaches. It will probably never leave my bag....between it and the Mirage I feel like I've got every approach shot covered.

But can't stand putting with it. Feels so thin that the grip feels strange, making me get the nose up at times. When I'm on with it I'm red hot but when I'm off it's ugly!!

Maybe I'll look to the Anode for a little thicker feel. Or maybe I'll look at another Swan 1 Reborn...those Bursts are beauties!

TripleB

The Atom is a cut down Envy. Envy is the correct answer.
The Anode has a rounded inner lip, so you had better have big hands if you push putt.

I carried a Pure-Envy combo until the Atom came out, Now its Atom-Envy.
The Atom for anny putts(spin), the Envy for push putts.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 12
Niced 840 Times in 460 Posts

Quote:

TripleB
Still thrashing around with this? How about just an update when when the baby is born?

Old 05-10-2018, 01:31 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,013 Times in 1,504 Posts

Quote:

TripleB
I like the Opto Pure for approaches, though I like the Lucid Judge and Lucid Marshal even more (bagging the Lucid Marshal now). I also like the Zero Hard Pure for putting, but the Classic Marshal works a bit better for me, and so I committed to using the Classic Marshal as my putting putter.

But I started this post to say that I have an Electron Atom, which I thought would be my putting putter with an all-MVP/Axiom bag. I like the Electron plastic, but for whatever reason, the Atom wasn't doing well for me as a putting putter. Now I use my Neutron Proxy to putt with, and it has done well for me.

Old 06-09-2018, 05:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 5
Niced 699 Times in 491 Posts

You should use the Atom it's a MAN's Proxy...

Well kinda... what I mean is I'm really enjoying the extra stability for those green light doubles putts and light wind. It's like proxy straight, on roids, but definitely the Neutron and powered up. Me and my soft Atom don't click. I like the neutrons extra hss.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 560 Times in 410 Posts

Atoms rule ----that is all

Old 07-17-2018, 11:54 PM

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 18
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Atom or Proxy

Looking to try a few new molds after losing my 2 Tangents this season. I have a 169g Envy, but it feel a little light for me. I do like it for upshots.

I was looking at picking up an Atom and/or a Proxy to try out. So I wanted to see if anyone could tell me what the difference is between the 2 or are they too similar to bag both?