Old 05-09-2018, 10:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 5
Niced 700 Times in 492 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
It didn't I haven't roughed it up throwing it into trees or anything yet, but for me it's a straight flyer. I'm not sure if I got an odd ball more stable than it should be disc, or my arm speed just isn't fast enough for me, or I should have ordered lighter, or what...but it turns to the right so I think it's going to do exactly what I want but then it fades back to the left, ending up straight to where I was aiming. Craziest disc I've ever tried. Love the plastic, love the feel, but the flight just isn't what I was expecting. I've gone back to my Fuse until I get my Theory in to try for that understable mid spot.

TripleB
Lightly sand down the bottom bead.. It will help especially if there is still factory flashing
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 05-10-2018, 04:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 480 Times in 307 Posts

Quote:
It didn't I haven't roughed it up throwing it into trees or anything yet, but for me it's a straight flyer. I'm not sure if I got an odd ball more stable than it should be disc, or my arm speed just isn't fast enough for me, or I should have ordered lighter, or what...but it turns to the right so I think it's going to do exactly what I want but then it fades back to the left, ending up straight to where I was aiming. Craziest disc I've ever tried. Love the plastic, love the feel, but the flight just isn't what I was expecting. I've gone back to my Fuse until I get my Theory in to try for that understable mid spot.

TripleB
That's interesting, because a healthy turn ending with a healthy fade is exactly what I was looking for. I want to be able to shape lines in the woods while knowing that the disc won't just continue on indefinitely into the bush, but rather fade out controllably.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 480 Times in 307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Lightly sand down the bottom bead.. It will help especially if there is still factory flashing
Funny you mention this, the Tursas I picked up came free with a heaping portion of flashing. I field tested it with flashing on, but will be removing it ASAP.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:52 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 143 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
That's interesting, because a healthy turn ending with a healthy fade is exactly what I was looking for. I want to be able to shape lines in the woods while knowing that the disc won't just continue on indefinitely into the bush, but rather fade out controllably.
Being a RHBH only player I rely on my disc to turn right for me and hold that line until the end. The Tursas just didn't to that....it would always come back to center for me. I just ordered a Theory hoping it will head right and stay heading right....if not I'll go back to my Fuse or else just deal with the shorter length of my perfect flying Mirage.

Good luck!!!

TripleB
Old 05-11-2018, 03:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,517 Times in 1,600 Posts

Quote:
Being a RHBH only player I rely on my disc to turn right for me and hold that line until the end. The Tursas just didn't to that....it would always come back to center for me. I just ordered a Theory hoping it will head right and stay heading right....if not I'll go back to my Fuse or else just deal with the shorter length of my perfect flying Mirage.

Good luck!!!

TripleB
Fresh discs have that fade to them, especially the faster the mold. So if one of your mids ends up having pretty much the turn you like but a touch more fade, then sand the bottom like people said and let it hit stuff for a few weeks. The fade will decrease and it'll be perfect. It's pretty much impossible to have a disc have a subtle/slow turn and no fade when fresh, unless you are a very high arm speed player and are overpowering a true straight/stable disc.

I'm not saying it's impossible to find what you want off the shelf, but most often fresh discs have a touch more fade than people want unless they are looking to fill out their OS slots. Even my Comet had more fade than I wanted for a few months....not that it was a big fade but I was looking for something to track right and not even think about coming back no matter how shallow the angle. Discs in that slot need to be beat in a bit typically.

Old 05-11-2018, 03:11 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 14
Niced 108 Times in 59 Posts

I only have 3, but in my experience the Tournament plastic turns much quicker than the VIP on the Tursas.

I love the VIP, still trying to sync with the tournament
Old 05-11-2018, 05:33 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,017 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2Keith View Post
I only have 3, but in my experience the Tournament plastic turns much quicker than the VIP on the Tursas.

I love the VIP, still trying to sync with the tournament
Tournament plastic (TP) is the equivalent of Gold Line, and yes, TP/GL wears in pretty quickly. I had to give up GL Rivers because they just became too flippy US too quickly.

But that can be a good thing, as well. My GL Fury is a reliable turnover disc when I absolutely cannot go left on an RHBH throw.

So to TripleB's issue... Yes, get a GL/TP disc and throw it a LOT, and beat it in to the understable goodness you desire.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-11-2018, 05:37 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,017 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Fresh discs have that fade to them, especially the faster the mold. So if one of your mids ends up having pretty much the turn you like but a touch more fade, then sand the bottom like people said and let it hit stuff for a few weeks. The fade will decrease and it'll be perfect. It's pretty much impossible to have a disc have a subtle/slow turn and no fade when fresh, unless you are a very high arm speed player and are overpowering a true straight/stable disc.

I'm not saying it's impossible to find what you want off the shelf, but most often fresh discs have a touch more fade than people want unless they are looking to fill out their OS slots. Even my Comet had more fade than I wanted for a few months....not that it was a big fade but I was looking for something to track right and not even think about coming back no matter how shallow the angle. Discs in that slot need to be beat in a bit typically.
Agree with this, and the farther up the speed ratings one goes (towards driver range), the harder it is to find a turnover disc fresh out of the box, as you said. Especially with Trilogy plastics (even Opto/Lucid/VIP), one can wear in a disc to more reliable understability relatively quickly, and one gets some good practice in while throwing it a lot at the range...

Old 05-11-2018, 08:47 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,211 Times in 1,038 Posts

Great post by slowplastic. If you want a Trilogy flipper right away the best thing to get is a disc in RGL/BioFuzion plastic. I don't know if the Tursas is made in recycled plastic (a quick scan of the Dynamic store says no) but apparently they do make Origio Tursas. That would definitely become understable in no time, the question is will it become too flippy?

Boom, just checked Marshall St and yes, Recycled Tursas are a thing: https://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.c...tursas-finnish

Old 05-11-2018, 09:33 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Niced 143 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
It's pretty much impossible to have a disc have a subtle/slow turn and no fade when fresh, unless you are a very high arm speed player and are overpowering a true straight/stable disc.
Completely agree...I have found only 2, both with -?/0 flight ratings - the Mirage (the disc I have the most confidence in when I need to get the disc right next to the target) and the Fuse (which isn't perfect, but better than it was).

TripleB